PROLOGUE

MY LUCKY STAR (Discontinued the story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IN one of the famous Japanese restaurants around Ilsan, an elegant woman around her twenties was having her drink as she was waiting for someone to come. Sometimes she would glance at the Rolex watch around her tiny wrist before looked again at the white thick snows that covered the roadside. Today she was going to meet someone through meeting that was arranged by their families, and it was that person’s request to meet at this hour and place. Almost an hour had passed but he still hadn’t showed up. Bae Suzy, the youngest daughter of Mr.Joaquin kept reminding herself to be patient. She never expected that person to be punctual because he was just liked what her friends and other women rumoured about. If it was not for the sake of her family and company, she absolutely would decline to attend this meeting.

                “Oh, I think I’m bit early today,” suddenly a good looking man in blue black winter coat walked passing the table before he sat on the opposite seat. Suzy still able to remain calm despite had known what she might face later. There would be no happy ending for this blind date as she already knew its ending since the beginning. She was mentally well prepared after agreed to attend blind date with Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul. He was well recognized among upper class and socialized people as the CEO of Autumn Angel and Horvejkul’s Young Master.

                “You are late,” she replied mockingly. Unfortunately, no apology came from Nichkhun as he felt nothing to be sorry. Although he was supposed to be here one hour ago but he purposely came late as what he usually did for all his previous blind dates. Suzy was irritated by his smirk because it seemed mocking her at that moment.

“Suzy, have you eaten?” Nichkhun suddenly changed the topic and distracted her with his dashing smile at the same time. It was very rare for him to remember his date’s name although his GrandMa, Mrs.Anne Horvejkul would mention their names to him all the time. It might because she has a short name, so he unconsciously remembered it although she formally hadn’t introduced herself to him.

“No,” she replied with shaking head.

“Oh, is that so? You must feel hungry but sorry, you have to eat alone. Let’s make our meeting today short,” the words that just came out from his mouth somehow didn’t surprise her. As what she heard from her friends, Nichkhun definitely would end the meetings within few minutes.

“Honestly to say, I don’t know what my GrandMa promised to your Dad but I’m here today because she black-mailed me to take away my dear Ferrari. So since this meeting doesn’t work, your Dad has to find someone else to help him with company’s financial problem. I’ve done talking. Do you want to say anything before I call it a day?” Nichkhun kind-heartedly to give her the last chance to speak, but Suzy was speechless over his words. Although he was not interested her, but he had found her reason to be here. Her family’s company was struggling with financial problems, and Mrs.Anne promised to help them if she managed to get into Horvejkul Family through marriage. Suzy knew that it would never happen, but she still gave a try for the family's sake.

“If you have nothing to say, then I wish all the best to you and your family,” he then left the seat with a smile plastered on face. He wasn’t so cruel to feel happy over Bae Family’s problem, but he felt amuse by just thinking the lecture that he was going to receive from Mrs.Anne after he returned to home later. Anyway he had become resistant to all her babbling especially the matter of blind date.

“Just a piece of cake,” soon he walked along the hallway towards elevator, there was a man in black suit started to follow him from behind. Nichkhun didn’t bother to look at him. That man followed him all the time even after Nichkhun had drove his car away from this place

 

ALTHOUGH the trees around were leafless and thick white snows covered the ground, but the small lake in Lester Recreation Park which located in Ilsan remained as beautiful as ever. There were not so many people spent their day here because of cold weather. Nichkhun stood on the bridge with bitter smile on lips. It had been a while since last time he came to this park. 15 years ago, this place was an abandoned forest before the government decided to develop the area around here. Now it had changed into beautiful park until people had forgotten or might not know the dark secret of this place. His hand gripped tightly the pendant of his necklace. It had become his habit to do so whenever he felt down or upset about something, especially when came to the matter of his family. It was just the silver star-shaped pendant, but he considered it as an amulet since the first day he wore it. People might envy him because of his wealth and status, but they didn’t know the hardships that he had gone through to live as a part of Horvejkul.

                Horvejkul Family owned the famous jewelleries company that had been established around 80 years ago. The current chairman of Autumn Angel was Mrs.Anne Horvejkul, the widow of the only third Horvejkul generation, late Mr. Surawakot Horvejkul. Mrs.Anne’s only son, Mr.Teeragiat was current chairman while Nichkhun was the CEO of company. Recently the company marked another successful achievement when few sets of jewelleries of Winter Collection had been sold within a month. When he was too immersed in his own world, the phone in his pocket vibrated. He didn’t answer it as he knew who was calling him. The vibration stopped but few minutes later, the man that followed him just now approached him from the side.

                “Young Master Nichkhun, Mrs.Anne wants you to return to home now,” that man said politely. Who was he and why he addressed Nichkhun such way? Nichkhun glanced at Choi Siwon, the good looking bodyguard had been assigned to protect him since two years ago. Although Siwon always followed him around but they weren’t in good terms as Nichkhun was never liked the idea of having bodyguard.

                “Give me 15 more minutes,” he replied shortly. Siwon nodded before he walked away and waited for Nichkhun near the bridge. It was good enough that Nichkhun didn’t pick any fight with him today, so he just let him to have his own time as he wished.

 

NICHKHUN just entered the mansion when he saw Yanin, his younger sister was running up the stairs while crying. His mother, Mrs.Vera hurriedly left Mrs.Anne’s room as she wanted to get her daughter but her steps halted the minute she saw Nichkhun was here. Nichkhun didn’t ask much as he could sense what had happened just now. This mansion was so big and luxurious, but it was hard to find the peace here. The problems always existed in this family until he wished that he wasn’t a part of Horvejkul. Nichkhun went to his mother and kissed her cheeks.

                “Mom, I’m home,” his voice sounded as if he never wanted to be here.

                “Khun, GrandMa is looking for you. I know you can solve your own problem. My head is hurt enough just thinking about Yanin,” Mrs.Vera massaged her temples while looking at upstairs. The fifth Horvejkul generation had three siblings but Nichkhun frequently showed up in many social events compared to his two younger sisters, Yanin and Cherleen. Recently Mrs.Anne had discovered her hidden boyfriend and asked her to break up with him. Yanin refused to do so, but Mrs.Anne threatened to give troubles to his family if she still wanted to be with him.

                “Mom, please just rest. I’ll talk to her later,” although he had his own problems, but he never abandoned his two sisters. He was a very good and caring brother to them. Mrs.Vera felt at ease over his words, and she herself never abandoned her children with their own problems. Both Mr.Teer and her struggled to break the tradition of arrange marriage for their children, but it was very hard to against the dictator of this family.

 

“CAN you please stop embarrassing our family, Khun?! It is very hard to set a date for you because of your ill manner,” Mrs.Anne scolded him whom never felt sorry for ruining the blind dates. Nichkhun never asked her to find a wife for him, but this was just an old tradition of this family. Mrs.Anne believed that arrange marriage was the best for her son and grandchildren.

“I never ask you to set any blind date for me. You are the one who keeps forcing and threatening me to attend those stupid meetings,”

“Khun, you are at marriageable age now. I do all these for your own good. Look at your Dad, he is happy with your Mom. I’m kind enough to let you know all those women first rather than choose one for you,” she stated firmly. Nichkhun knew that she was giving him the chance to choose his future wife but all those women were based on Mrs.Anne’s choices. Did she ever ask him what kind of woman does he likes? Did she ever ask him whether he is ready to engage into marriage? Did she ever ask him what actually he wants in his life? Never! She did what she thinks the best for him and his family.

“For my own good? So you think by choosing my future wife and put those damn bodyguards around me are for my own good?” Mrs.Anne threw him sharp look when he questioned her again about bodyguards. It had been 15 years their lives were surrounded by bodyguards, and Mrs.Anne had no intention to stop hiring them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter