Probation.

Me as her.. And then there is Donghae

 

“What do you mean you have 'practice on probation'?? ” I asked nervously through the phone. This didn't sound good.

“Well I passed the audition. But they are not fully convinced that I can stand the hard training and stuff. So they want me to practice with them for a while before they make a final decision.” Sora explained.

 

“How long is this practice?” I asked while having a bad feeling about this.

 

“1 month.”

 

I needed some time to process what she just said.

 

“1 MONTH!!!???? You can't!!!”

“Why?” she asked scared

“No no no no no  you absolutely can't stay that long!! Don't leave me here with that guy!!”

“What? What guy? What are you talking about?”

 

I sighed and told her about Donghae “He asked me/you to be his girlfriend and of course I agreed.”

“What?!!! But that's great!! Thank you so much!!”

“No it's not!!”

“Huh? Why?”

“I wouldn't have agreed if I had known that you'll come back only in one month! And now I am stuck with him!”

She remained silent.

“S-sora?”

I heard a quiet sob “Oppa!!! I'm sorry!!!! It was selfish to pull you into this! I was so focused on getting accepted that I didn't think about your feelings! I-It's fine if you want to stop to go to school for me! I shouldn't have pulled you into this! I'll somehow manage that on my own. Really I can completely understand if you don't want to do this--”

“Sora. Sora, calm down.”

I heard her inhale and exhale deeply.

“Ok?”

“......Yeah..”

“Look. Don't worry ok? Just focus on your practice. I'll somehow deal with him.”

“Really?” She sniffed “You are not angry at me?”

“Why should I be angry at you? It's not your fault that they want you to practice with them for a month. Actually it's a good chance for you to find out whether this really is what you want to do for the rest of your life. So just focus on it and don't bother about me ok?”

“Thank you Oppa.” She sniffed again “You really are the best. I love you.”

“I love you too. And now sleep I'm sure it's really late already”

“You're right. It's 2 am. Good night” She send me a kiss over the phone and ended the call.

 

I sighed deeply as I let myself fall onto my bed. There have been a million reasons to end this. But two to go on:

 

1. I promised to do this for her. And I'm fine with it as long as she is happy
and 2. I have to find out more about Donghae.

 

Call me an overprotective brother if you want. But I won't give her to somebody who doesn't truly like her. She is the only family (except for my aunt but she isn't at home at all) I have left. It's only natural to act like that.

 

I ruffled my hair. Just one month Eunhyuk. Just one month. You can make it. Nobody will notice and nothing will happen.. right?

 

 

I looked at my clock. I still have an hour before I have to go.

After a few minutes of laying on my bed in silence I heard my phone ring. With a loud groan I started to search for it in my bag. Finally I found it and without looking at the ID picked up.

“Hello?”

“Hyukkieeeee!!! I FORGOT TO TELL YOU!! You need to go to school!! Now!! There is a meeting in room 19!! Hurry!!!”

I held the phone a bit from my ear to prevent my eardrum to break.. Man... She can be loud at some times..

“Sora.. What kind of a meeting??” I said grabbing my bag and heading to the door.

“About the summer festival in two weeks! It's important that you go there! And now hurry!”

“Yeah yeah...” I said and hung up my phone before walking to the bus station and driving to school.


 

After 30 minutes I was standing in the school but... Where was room 19? Ok Sora's class is in 32 and it's on the 3rd floor in the right wing.. But where was room 19?

I ran up to the 1st floor hoping to find the room. I checked the whole wing and every room but none of them had the number 19 so  I stopped running and sighed.

Ok.. It's a meeting right? So they should be talking right? But I can't hear anything even though I stopped breathing!!! Fine, seems like there is nobody in this wing.. Then I have to check on the left.

After few more minutes of running I finally found the room. I breathed in and got ready for scolding. Softly I lay my hand on the doorknob and, making a step forward to open the door, I banged my head on it.. What the hell??? I touched my aching forehead.. I thought that the door was open and wanted to step in but just ran against it the moment it didn't open. I tried to turn the knob but it didn't move. Just where the heck did they go?? In frustration and anger I shook the door and ruffled my hair..


 

“Ahhh!!!!!” I shrieked in a bit too low voice as I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Aish!!! Do you need to be that loud?!” I heard somebody complain from behind.. Turning around I saw an annoyed Heechul covering his ears.

Nervously I laughed and adjusted my hair. “He-Heechul-Oppa! W-what are you doing here?”

He raised an eyebrow at me “I was going to the toilet” he said pointing at the door not far away from us while his eyes didn't leave mine. “but tell me Sora, are you alright?” He asked and cocked his head to the side while mustering me intently.

I don't know why but something about that guy made me nervous.. The feeling got intenser when he leaned down on my level and looked directly into my eyes. “O-oppa. Haha of course I am fine! Haha” I said moving a bit away.

“Are you sure?” He followed my move and I gulped.

“Why are you so nervous?” He asked with an evil tone in his voice.

“Uhhmm. Well I.. I am late for the meeting that's why!!” I blurted the words out as if I was running a marathon.

“That's it?” He asked straightening himself “I changed the room. Just wait and we can go back together.” He said smiling and soon disappeared in the washroom.


 

I touched my cheeks. Gosh I thought that he found out already!! Changing my voice all the time is tiring. I really have to be careful the next time----

“Ahhhh!!!” Damn it... I did it again...

Heechul blinked at me irritated while taking his icy cold hand from my neck.

“You are way to noisy you know?” He stated walking past me.

“Oppa!” I caught up with him “Why are you at the meeting too?”

He looked at me dumbfounded “Are you serious or just pretty dumb?” He asked in disbelieve.

“Uhh.. Well”

He shook his head.. “Seriously what is wrong with you.. I'm leading this whole party in there”

“Ahh ahahaha of course I knew! I-I was just joking.. But why are you leading it?”

I was just curious. He sighed deeply before laying his hand on the knob. “Because I am probably the only one who can hold a tight grip in them”

“Tight grip?” What does he mean?

“Aish.... If you would have been present in the last few meetings you would know all this already. You'll see.”

He rolled his eyes and opened the door. If you would have been present in the last few meetings??? Don't tell me she has skipped all of them?? Jeez she is more bothersome than I thought.. The funny thing is, she skipped all of them but sends me to go there instead.. She's gonna pay!!

Inside all desks were standing in a rectangular formation with about 30 students sitting at. All of them had papers laying in front of them and were chatting but stopped immediately when they heard Heechul enter. It was dead silent as Heechul walked to the teachers desk. His heels were reverberating through the room. Everyone seemed to have stopped breathing. Walking behind him I felt a sudden wave of coldness and his aura seemed to have become darker. It gave me goosebumps. Everyone seemed to feel it too. He sat at the teachers desk and pointed at a seat next to him in which I sat down. I spotted Donghae in the right row who was looking at me with a frown.

Heechul started to look through a few papers before throwing them on his desk with a furious expression. “Is that all you guys have thought of?” His eyes formed into slits “You!” He pointed at a girl sitting opposite of me. Her eyes widened in shock. “What has your group planned?”

She stood up and stuttered “W-We had the cafe.. A-And we a-already made the menu and organized the things we need..”

“What about the room? Have you already found somebody who will serve in the cafe? And what do you do about the seating? Have you made a plan?”

The girl shook her head lightly.

Heechul shook his head “Guys look, all I want is a good festival ok? We have to give our best to make it as pleasurable as possible for all of us and the guests. But therefore I want you to be disciplined and show some initiative. I can't organize this alone.” He stood up and walked to the board. “I already helped you guys with the soccer competition, the theater, the opening speech, the orchestra and the signs. I can't do all alone ok?” He sighed and started to write down a few things on the board.

“Ok.. I want you to make this...” He pointed at a theater event “before you continued with the music event. By this we have a great effect on the audience. I also want you to ”

He continued to talk and explain different strategies to the students who have been writing down every word he said on their papers. They were watching him with amazed eyes and nodded their heads in appreciation.

So that's what he meant “Because I am probably the only one who can hold a tight grip in them.” By his cold and dark aura he easily guides them but with his sincere but still gentle words he gave it a soft touch.

“So I'm open for more ideas.” He said and sat back next to me.

It was silent while everybody thought of more events one could hold on the festival.

But suddenly the silence got interrupted by my phone. All heads turned towards me at the sound of 'Mr. Simple' with a shocked expression before looking at Heechul who crossed his arms while pouting his full lips..

I gulped. I forgot to change my phone into silent mode. Hurriedly I pulled the phone out and looked at the ID.

Shoot!!!

It said Hankyung...

My face became pale as I just stared at the screen.

Heechul nudged me from the side “Aren't you going to pick up?” He asked calmly making the students whisper in surprise. “He lets her answer the phone!?” “He would have tossed mine out of the window already...” He gave them a stare and they fell silent instantly.

I gulped before pressing the small green phone. Hesitantly I held the phone at my ear.

“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!!!!” I heard him yell making me wince. Why does everybody have to yell at me all the time? Do they want me to get deaf or something?

“Hankyung~” I whined into the phone.

“DON'T HANKYUNG ME!! I'M OLDER THAN YOU!!!!” Heechul frowned.. Looks like he could hear what Hankyung-Hyung said since he was yelling.

“Hankyung-Hy---” Crap!!!! I can't call him Oppa! He doesn't know about all this. But then again I can't call him Hyung either!!!

With raised eyebrows Heechul looked at me..

“O-Oppa..”

“..... Oppa? Are you sick or something??”

“Hahaha Oppa what are you talking about?? I'll explain later.” I said hoping he would leave this topic aside..

“Fine but what's with practice?” That's right!! I forgot about my training I theoretically had today together with Hankyung-Hyung.

“I can't come today. I'm busy and have no time!! You can come over later! Bye!” I shouted and hang up before he could say anything more. I turned off my phone and shoved it into my bag.. Looking to my left I met Heechul's stern gaze. I bowed lightly and apologized before looking to the front again. My eyes met Donghae's who was looking at me annoyed. His fingers were tapping the desk while his other hand was holding his head. He was looking mad.

Heechul cleared his throat “So has anybody an idea?”

I tore my eyes off Donghae and looked at Heechul before nodding “I have.”

Heechuls look told me to continue. “I thought of a big campfire on the school ground as an ending. It would be a nice conclusion of the festival.”

“I doubt that we can do it.” Heechul said “It's to dangerous. We would need at least one firemen with us who can watch over the fire.”

I nodded “Then what about firework?” He nodded “That would be fine. Can you organize it?”

“Alone?” It was a big responsibility to organize something like this and to make sure that everything went well..

“I'll do it!!” I suddenly heard Donghae's voice from the side. He was raising his hand while looking at me.

“You sure Donghae? You already have the soccer competition.” but Donghae nodded “No problem Hyung” He smiled at him before looking at me with a stern face again.

What was wrong? Have I done something to make him mad? I don't remember anything...

The meeting continued more smoothly and finally after 2 hours Heechul released everyone. I walked out of the room and sighed.. Jeez this was so tiring.

“Yah Unnie!” I heard Krystal from behind “You actually came? I'm surprised!!” She giggled “But why haven't you picked up my calls? I tried to reach you so often but you wouldn't pick up!”

“Yeah! And then you even talk to Hankyung-Oppa?” Sulli asked surprised “What did I miss?”

“No! It's not like you think.. It's just that” Now what??

“It's just that m-my phone.. Uhmm.. That my phone broke down. And Eunhyuk-Oppa was so kind to give me his instead! That's why I didn't get your calls!!” I was amazed about my response. I didn't think I could come up with something this convincing in such a short time!

“Ahh so that's why!! And what about Hankyung-oppa?”

“He doesn't know yet and probably thought that it's my brothers phone..”

They nodded and we exchanged numbers.

“Hi Donghae-Oppa. Hi Heechul-Oppa!” Krystal suddenly greeted the boys who stood behind me.

“Girls could I borrow Sora for a moment?” Donghae asked flashing them a smile. The girls squealed and nodded before walking away. I looked after them desperately. Don't leave me here alone!! As if they have heard my mind they turned around.. But instead of taking me with them they grinned and gave me a fighting sign before walking away giggling. Sighing I turned towards Donghae and Heechul.

“So who is Hankyung?” Donghae asked with a cold voice.

“A friend.” Where is his problem?

“A friend? An older male, you call him Oppa which means that you are close to him and you invited him over to talk to him??”

“That's what friends do.”

“Hmpf...” He looked away madly.. “He's somebody I don't know.. Yet he has your phone number while I don't”

“Donghae, what exactly do you want?” He was getting annoying.

His look saddened “Never mind.”

Heechul rolled his eyes and asked “Are you by any chance jealous?”

“WHAT j-jealous? Me?!! Hahah Hyung! Don't be ridiculous! Hahaha! W-Why should I be jealous haha... ” He avoided to look at me and Heechul. I had problems to suppress my laughter.

“You were jealous of Hankyung?”

His face reddened as he slowly nodded and I just chuckled.

Donghae, Heechul and me exchanged phone numbers.

“So? What are you doing now? Wanna hang out?” Donghae asked while we excited the building.

I shook my head. “Nahh. Don't feel like it. I'm heading home.”

“Oh really?” He asked disappointed “Then should I bring you back?”

“No need!” I suddenly heard Heechul from my other side. He laid an arm around me and pulled me closer to him. “I already promised to bring her home.” He has? I don't remember mentioning something like this.

“Uhmmm Ok. Fine then. Have a save trip.” Donghae said and opened the passenger door of Heechul's black Porsche for me. He watched as we left the parking lot and disappeared on the busy streets of Seoul.

Heechul didn't say a word and just looked at the street while I looked through the window.

The heavy traffic faded and soon there were just a few cars on the streets. I rested my head against the seat and sighed thinking about what I should do to make this month as bearable as possible when suddenly, I felt something warm on my (since I am wearing a skirt) knee..

Looking down I saw Heechul's hand touching my knee before he started to caress my thigh softly...  

 

My eyes widened.

“H-Heechul-Oppa! W-What are you doing?” I watched as his hand wandered over my thigh touching the soft skin. With a panicked expression I looked at him but he just looked at the street with a smirk. We stopped at a red light and he leaned closer to me, the smirk still visible on his face.

“Psshht. I won't hurt you.” 

 

 

 

 

Wooooooowww.. I'm surprised!!! How come I have more than 30 subscribers with just two chapters?!!!!

 

But one thing is for sure.. You don't like to comment, do you?

 

@just7shosho: Hi!! I'm fine and glad that you like it ^^