Taecyeon

Fate - IN ACTION

 

_____________________________________

Chapter 03

____________________________________

 

 

He zipped up his pants and buckled his belt.  Then, he extended an arm and reached for his shirt, but he couldn’t put it on rightly because from behind him, a pair of slender arms was wrapped around his torso. “Jess…please, I need to go.” He pleaded.

“But I don’t want you to leave Taec, please…” Jessica replied in the same pleading manner.

“You know that I have to.” His voice was low but firm.

“But you don’t want it, don’t you?” She tried to reason with him.

“It doesn’t matter Jess. Besides, didn’t I make myself clear from the start?” He gently took her hands off him and turned around to face her.

“Yes you did and I still fall for you, blame it on your honesty.” Jessica hugged him again.

It stung him, seeing the disheartened state of the woman in his arms but he can’t do anything about it.

 

Jessica Jung is a chef like him. They met in a master chef competition where he was proclaimed as the winner by just a few points against Jessica who gave him a tough fight. In the victory party that followed, they got drunk and for the second time on that same day, Jessica lost herself to him. Jessica is not that kind of a woman who gave her body to any man she met. Taecyeon knew this because he was her first… and for this reason, he felt like a total jerk that he lost control. He was not proud of what he did, not a bit. He took something that he knew he shouldn’t and he was so sorry for her - although it happened between them with her consent. That very moment, he honestly told her that he can’t enter into any commitment because technically speaking, he is already committed. Jessica’s downcast expression didn’t escape him, but she still managed to alleviate his guilt. “It takes two to tango, so don’t carry all the guilt.” She smiled weakly. “I’m sorry, it won’t happen again.” He promised and he meant it.

They became good friends after that but despite her finest attempt to hide her feelings, Taecyeon knew that Jessica had fallen for him, deeply. She is such a sweet and bright girl, and aside from their love for culinary arts, another thing that they had in common was their passion for music. Jessica has the voice and face of an idol. If it wasn’t for his promise to his parents and for that choding that he couldn’t forget, Taecyeon had thought of the possibility of him and Jessica. Yet, he has no intentions to break his promise.

Considering their friendship, he informed Jessica over the phone that he will be leaving Las Vegas for good; he could tell that she was surprised because her voice trembled a bit. She asked him to drop by her place because she had something to give him. Taecyeon complied. But it never crosses his mind that something willhappen again. God knows how he resisted! But, he is just a man, not a saint.

 

“I am so-”

“Shh…don’t.” Jessica hushed him. “I have no regrets. Be safe.” She said and Taecyeon saw the first tear rolled down her cheek. She tried to wipe it with the back of her hand but it didn’t seem to be helping because more and more tears flowed freely.  It pained him seeing her friend cry her heart out. He ran his one hand on her hair and used the other one to rub her back. She whimpered for a short while before he felt her loosened her embrace and totally freed herself from his hold.

 

“I…I suggest that you…leave now.” She said in a low and shaky voice.

For a moment, Taecyeon stared at her apologetically. “Leave now, please… Just go.” She entreated.

He pressed the last kiss on her forehead and grabbed his black leather jacket. “Goodbye Jess, please be happy.” With that, he reached for the door and left.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Taecyeon massaged and wiggled his neck as he walked side by side with a woman who seems to capture the attention of people in the airport. Clad in crisp white cotton blouse and jade green capri, matched with white Jimmy Choo bag and wedges, she is a picture of beauty and classiness. “Mom, I think you still have your charms.” Taecyeon smiled as he teased his mother. It is true, Mrs. Ok Da Hee will turn 50 this year but her face and figure isn’t telling her actual age.

 

“Oh, shut up Taec!” Mrs. Ok chuckled and playfully hit her son’s arm. “…and don’t forget your honorifics, we are not in Vegas anymore, call me umma.” His mom reminded him.

“Arasso umma.” Taecyeon obliged and put his arm around her shoulder. “Who will fetch us here?”

“Driver Ma will.” She replied and as if on cue, the driver approached them and led them outside where the sleek black Bentley Mulsanne is waiting. 

 

*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Ah, it’s good to be back home.” Mrs. Ok expressed her happiness as she flopped herself in an outsized cozy sofa in the living room.

“Yeah…and away from the hectic life in L.A.” Taecyeon who was sitting across her, agreed. “Umma, I’ll rest for awhile and I will go out later to meet some friends.”

“Sure, but promise me that you will behave, okay?” His mom counseled him.

“Umma, I’m not a kid anymore, have a little faith will you?” Taecyeon whined.

“Arasso, but… you are whining like a kid right now!” Mrs. Ok jokingly countered.

“Umma!”

Mrs. Ok noticed her son’s red ears so she raised both her hands up and motioned to zipped her lips.

 

For Taecyeon, his mother is the best umma in the world. Aside from being intelligent and beautiful, her mother is strong yet sweet; independent yet very caring and loving towards him and his sister Geun Young. He somehow hopes that his future wife will possess even half of his mother’s admirable qualities. Wife. He should not be thinking about it for now…he should enjoy his last few days, unattached. He took a quick shower and settled himself in his king-sized bed.

He woke up at around seven in the evening. “Just in time.” He mused. He freshened up and changed into an ash grey slim-fit shirt and black denim jeans. Kim Junsu and Lee Junho called him awhile ago and told him to meet them in their favorite hang-out. He missed his friends, his partners in crime. He smiled as he remembered the crazy things that they did together. He wondered how they are doing now. His busy life in U.S. thwarted him to contact them often. They only get to see each other if the two will visit him in L.A. or if he had his vacation in Korea which happens once in a blue moon. Both of his friends came from a well-off family. Junsu’s family owns a number of clinics and a big hospital where Junsu work as a doctor while Junho’s family owns a chain of hotels and restaurants, one of which was the famous Seoul Hotel.

He got into his brand new black Porsche Panamera Turbo S, an advance engagement gift courtesy of his noona, Geun Young. He scanned the interior of his new ‘toy’ and was satisfied. He took out his iPhone from his pocket and dialed his sister’s number.

 

/Hello?/

Taecyeon chortled upon hearing the authoritative voice of his sister. “Whoa, that voice, who would have thought that such powerful voice, is actually owned by a pixie!” Taecyeon stifled a laugh at his impish remark but truth is, he really admired his sister’s resilience.

/Hello, don’t was-/

/Noona!/

Taecyeon cut her off, he knows that Geun Young has no time to waste. 

/Ok cat? What do you want now? /

Geun Young sounded like she’s not anticipating his call at all, but he was sure that she is! He could imagine her raising an eyebrow and smirking - that distinguished smirk that the Ok siblings shared.

/Thank you… I like it! No, scratch that, I love it! You’re the best noona in the whole wide universe! /

Taecyeon could hear her chuckling for a sec before she replies.

/Pfft! Exagge! (short for exaggerated). But of course, I’m the best! Ok cat, remember that it’s a gift for your engagement, okay? So, there MUST be an engagement, followed by the wedding, or else…you can say good bye to that black thing now. /   

So typical of his sister, always in command. Yet, that makes her more adorable to him.

/Or I can just pay you back? / He wanted to .

/Yah! Ok Taecyeon, you wanna die? /

He laughed. If she was beside him now, he was sure that he had already received a smack in the head!

 /Arasso, arasso. Saranghaeyo noona./

/Uh./ He could hear her softened. 

/Take care of umma, okay. I and Jung Myung will be there the day before your wedding. I’ll hang up now. /

/Yes boss noona. Take care too, bye. /

Taecyeon felt so lucky to have these two women in his life, he knew that both his umma and his noona love him unconditionally. He the engine of his new car. “Let’s see what you’ve got, baby.” He said smirking and sped off to his destination.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*

 

‘Twister’, Junho’s baby aside from Hyoyeon, was bursting with patrons as usual. The place is a three-storey, high class and very modern Resto bar owned by Junho. Taecyeon went straight to the third floor where the VIP rooms were located. He proceeded to the left wing and knocked on one of the doors.

 

“Hey Taec!” A very excited Junho opened the door and hugged him.

“Hey man. Good to see you again.” He returned the hug. Junsu and Chansung, Junho’s younger brother also stood up to greet him.

Junso high-fived him and gave him a side hug. “Good to have you back Taec.”

“And for good Doc!” (‘Doc’ is an endearment that Taec used to call Junsu, after he knew that the latter took up medicine and eventually became a licensed physician) Taecyeon hugged him too and patted him on the back.

“Hyung.” Chansung tapped him on his shoulder, wanting to join in the greetings too.

“Uh, you grow a lot kid. You are as tall as me now!” Taecyeon was surprised to see how the maknae had grew-up into a suave young man.

They let him sat on the middle of the chaise lounge and gave him a bottle of beer. “For our beastly Taecyeon!” Junho cheered. They raised their bottles, clinking them together. “Cheers!!!” The four of them chorused.

They drank and chatted, trying to catch up with each other’s lives until the matter regarding Taecyeon’s engagement was brought up.

“So, you came back here for your engagement, right?”  Junsu inquired.

“Neh, and my wedding will follow the week after.” He replied casually.

“Whoa, you will have a fiancé this week and a wife next week. How exciting!” Junho joked.

“Yeah right.” Taecyeon smirked. “And since both of you are already married; Chansung here, will be my best man.” He declared.

“Omo! Are you sure Hyung? Thanks!” The younger man was obviously surprised yet excited.

“Uh.” He affirmed.

“Yah! Chansung-ah, don’t shrieked like a girl!” The older Lee chided and received a stuck out tongue from the younger.

“Man, aren’t you excited?” Junho turned and asked Taecyeon.

“I don’t know.” He shrugged. “Should I? Considering that I already knew of this arrangement since I was born.”

“To Im Yoona, right?” Junsu asked, wanted to make sure.

“Neh.” Taecyeon nodded.

“Then, I think you should.” Junsu said bobbing his head.

“Waeyo?” Asked a curious Taec.

“Hyung, aren’t you watching the news?” Chansung interjected and gave him a quizzical look. “Im Yoona is every man’s dream girl and she is hot!” He added admiringly.

“Yah! Maknae, watch your mouth.” Junho reprimanded his brother. “But it’s true Taec. She’s not even a TV personality but she’s very famous because of her beauty and success in the business world.” It’s ironic how Junho scolded Chansung, yet agreed to his statement in the end. Taecyeon smiled. The Lee brothers are indeed a comedic duo.

“Agreed.” Junsu chimed in. “If only I’m not married…”

“Tch! Aren’t you a bunch of fan boys?” Taecyeon scoffed. He couldn’t believe that his fussy friends were enthralled by his future wife. This aroused the curiosity within him. He doesn’t really paid attention to matters concerning Im Yoona after he had met Jessica. But now, he suddenly became interested!

“Ha! I can’t wait for the time when you will swallow your words Taec.”  Junsu, the #1 womanizer of the group [well, that was before he married Taeyeon] warned, and the Lee brothers both nodded their heads in agreement.

“Let’s see about that, because for me, she is still that bratty choding that I danced with, seven years ago.” Taecyeon insisted. “Yah, yah… enough with this, okay? Let’s just drink.” He said, trying to change the topic.

“Okay.” The three guys replied in sync.

“Let’s drink to our heart’s content. Oh, except you my little brother…” Junho patted Chansung’s shoulder. “Cos’ you will be sending your Taec hyung.”

“Aish! Why me? I wanted to enjoy too!” Chansung protested.

“Tch! Cos’ you’re the maknae.” Junho said firmly to his brother and mouthed ‘We’ve talked about this’, which the younger man understood.

“It’s okay Junho, I can manage, don’t you worry Chansung-ah.” Taecyeon interrupted.

“No hyung, just drink, I’ll send you home later.” He said looking at Taecyeon.

“Thanks maknae, you’re indeed my best man.” Taec was grateful. And so the three of them continued chatting and drinking until Taecyeon already felt woozy as he checked the time. Well, that is because his alcohol-tolerance is lower compared to his two friends.

“Hyung *hic*…, it’s already past twelve, *hic* I need to go home, I don’t want umma to worry.” Despite being drunk, Taecyeon never fails to think about his mom.

“Don’t worry Taec, I’ve called Auntie to inform her that you will stay with us tonight.” Junsu, who was still sober, assured him.

“…and because we’re sure that you wouldn’t want your umma to see you like that.” Junho added.

He grinned, thankful to the thoughtfulness of his friends. “Really? Uh, thanks Doc, *hic* thanks hyung.” He thanked Junsu and Junho respectively.

“It’s okay Taec, but of course we can’t stay with you because I and Junsu should come home to our wives or else we’ll be dead meat by tomorrow. Chansung will send you to Seoul Hotel.” Junho cleared.

“Please enjoy the ‘special’ welcome present that awaits you there.” Junsu smiled evilly, the kind of smile that he wears every time a female specie is involved.

Taecyeon was confused and wary. “What do you mean Doc?”

“Just go and see for yourself. Consider it as your last taste of freedom.” Junsu replied mischievously.

Taecyeon was getting suspicious, he wanted to inquire further but he was too dizzy to do that now, all he wanted was to sleep. So he thanked his friends once again and bid them goodbye. He saw Junsu whispered something to Chansung before they left.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*

 

When they reached Seoul Hotel, Chansung took the card key from the receptionist. He was about to accompany Taecyeon to his room when he heard his phone ringing, it was Junsu. “Hyung, hold this first, I’ll just take the call.” He handed the card key to Taec and he went a little farther from him so he wouldn’t hear their conversation. After talking to his brother, Chansung came back only to find Taecyeon bumped into another man, both fell on the ground. The man had a fair complexion, well-built and had a handsome feature as well…and just like his hyung, the man was obviously drunk. He hurriedly approached them and helped them up. Both of them had dropped their card keys to the floor. Chansung picked up the one near to Taecyeon, 715. “Was it 715?” He got confused but then assumed that it was, since it’s the one on Taec’s side.  He also picked up the one near to the other man, 716. He held them both.

“Oh, your room is just next to my hyung, just go with us.” Chansung good-naturedly suggested for he saw that the man was as wobbly as his Taec hyung.

“Thanks.” The man timidly accepted his suggestion.

Chansung nodded to the man and turned to Taecyeon. “Hyung, when you go inside your room, don’t open the lights, okay?”

“Waeyo?” Taecyeon asked, baffled.

“I don’t know, but that’s what my hyung has said.” Chansung was confused too. Taecyeon only nodded in compliance.

So, Chansung walked between the two intoxicated men, assisting them. He opened their respective doors for them, handed them their card keys and left.

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

A/N: Hello guys. Thanks for the new subscribers as well as the old :)  Here's a back to back update for you. I hope you didn’t get tired reading this long chapter :)  So, what do you think of our Taecyeon? Have you realized the connection between the last part of Taecyeon’s story and the last of Nichkhun’s? Yes, that was Taec and Khun who bumped with each other and Chansung helped them. Got a clue? I'm sure some of you have. Next will be Victoria’s story….

 

Please take note of the details because each of the character’s story will have some parts that will be related to the other characters. You’ll know what I meant as the story progress. Thank you :)