Nickhun

Fate - IN ACTION

______________________________________

Chapter 02

______________________________________

 

 

Nickhun was awakened by the annoying sound of his phone. “Crap! I just had my sleep, why now?”  He cussed. Well, he had his reasons. Sleep had deserted him for almost a week now. How could he sleep knowing that his girlfriend, no, actually his ex-girlfriend but still the love of his life will be engaged and will marry another man? And the worst part was that he can’t do anything to stop it from happening. If only Yoona is willing to runaway with him…but she isn’t, no matter how much she loves him. He knows that Yoona doesn’t have the heart to disobey her father, much more to leave him. She is such a good daughter- too good that she is even willing to sacrifice her happiness, their happiness. But maybe, he was the one to be blame after all. Why? Because right from the start, he knew that this will happen, Yoona has been honest to him about this, yet he still took his chance hoping that fate might be on their side…yet, fate didn’t work just as he hoped for. He turned to reach his phone with the purpose of putting it off but he quickly tapped the ‘Accept’ button upon seeing her image on the screen.

 

/Yoong, why are you still up?/

           

Yoona didn’t answer his question. Instead, she said something that really surprised him.

 

/Oppa, please meet me at Seoul Hotel tomorrow night./

 

/Me…meet you at Seoul Hotel? /

 

Nickhun wanted to make sure that he heard her right. Yoona has ended their relationship barely 4 days ago, during their last night in Maldives. Did she change her mind? His heart thumped as he awaited her answer.

 

/Neh, oppa. I have some…something to give you…something that only you deserve. Oppa, promise me that you will come./

 

Something to give? Something that he alone deserves? His heart did a somersault upon hearing her words. That was exactly the words that Yoona had told him during the last night of their stay in Maldives, that night when she candidly told him that she was willing to give herself to him, and that same night when she broke up with him because she is soon be engaged and get married to the man that her father had chosen for her. Nickhun thought he will die because of so much pain that night.

 

/But I…I can’t-/

 

/Oppa, please. Consider this as something that I want to do for myself…for my happiness… so please…/  

 

Yoona was pleading desperately and Nickhun could feel the trembling of her voice; he knows that she was already crying. He could endure anything but her crying. It was his weakness.

 

/Okay, but please stop crying now. I will be there. /

 

/Thank you oppa. Goodnight. Saranghaeyo./

 

/ I love you more. Goodnight goddess. /

 

Sleep had totally eluded Nickhun that night, again. He couldn’t help but imagine the possible things that might happen the next day. Chills ran up his spine and his lower regions tensed up as he remembered how Yoona acted differently when they were on that memorable vacation, he could still feel all those skinship that they’ve shared. If she only knew how he’d gathered all his strength to stay sane and in control every time she hugged and kissed him. Until now, he didn’t even know how he had managed to fight his urge to bring Yoona into his room and take what she willingly offers.  But no, he just loves her so much and he can’t take advantage of her.

 

Right now however, he wanted to be selfish for once and maybe, he shouldn’t give up on fate easily. Maybe, just maybe… fate will still be on their side. He shifted his position and extended an arm to reach the frame that was on the side table. It was the picture of him and Yoona. It was taken during Yoona’s first travel to Thailand for the inauguration of their new shopping mall, just another one out of the many joint ventures of the Im Group and the Horvejkul Corp. That same day, Yoona had accepted his love. He couldn’t contain his happiness and wanted to have some time with her alone. So he asked permission from Mr. Im if he could show Yoona around. He remembered how he tried to be very careful not to give the older man a reason to be suspicious, he used his sister’s absence as an alibi and thankfully, Yoona’s father consented. His relationship with Yoona was by no means easy. He had, or they had to make extra effort to be discreet. He can’t date her often, he can’t hug her when he wants to, he can’t visit her at home just the way a typical boyfriend visits his girlfriend. If he wanted to invite her for dinner, he needs to make a business appointment first.

 

He never thought that he would be in this situation at all. He was the second son of one of the richest businessmen in Thailand. Nickhun was not only blessed with wealth but with exceptionally good looks as well. He loves challenges. His whole life was centered on their business and gaining success and making a name for himself. He doesn’t believe in and was allergic to commitment and avoids to be tied up with anyone. To him, a woman is just a bed-warmer and stress-absorber. Yet, everything changed when he met her. It was his parent’s anniversary party and they held it in Korea in celebration of the first team-up of the Horvejkul Corp. and Im group. It was a luxurious event where the rich and famous were present. Ladies were all dress extravagantly to attract attention. But his attention was caught by just one particular girl wearing a simple tube laced fitted dress that fell just below her knees; her long, dark brown locks was tied in a simple pony tail yet she stood out among the crowd.  He was instantly captivated by her beauty. Her angelic face that shows off innocence, her willowy figure, her creamy flawless skin and most of all, her eyes. Those eyes that seem to expressed a lot of emotions. He noticed that she was polite to everyone and from the looks of it, even his picky sister Yanin was fond of the girl. But, he also observed that she was really aloof when it comes to the male guest. A lot of guys had approached her but she only gave them a minute or two and excused herself. Nickhun instantaneously became curious and he wanted to know more about her. He asked his brother Nichan and knew that she was Im Yoona, the only daughter of Mr. Im Soo Man and the sole heiress of the Im Group. She is 21 years old (at that time) and was managing their company and business alongside her father. But what made Nickhun more interested was the tale that Im Yoona has never been into any relationship. Rumors have it that it was because her father forbade her to be in a relationship with someone other than the one he had chosen for her. With this information in mind, he set himself on into a challenge – he will have Im Yoona first before anyone else does. He thought of a strategy; knowing that she was distant with men who obviously show their interest to her, he will do the opposite. He then asked his father to assign him to their branch in Korea so that he could be closer to her. His plans and strategies worked. When Yoona saw that he was not interested in her, thus making him harmless, she became relaxed around him and they became friends.

 

But what he didn’t predict was the possibility of him falling in love with her.  Six months after knowing her, he already felt something for her yet he tried to shake it off and convinced himself that it’s nothing. But after a year of friendship, he knew that he is head over heels in love with her. Although he knew that it was a 50-50 chance for him, he gathered all his courage and confessed to her. He remembered how she responded. “You know that you shouldn’t cross the line of friendship Khun.” She said despondently. “I know Yoong but I can’t help it.” He expressed sincerely. “Then, this will be the end of our friendship. I will stop seeing you from now on.” She said, tears forming on her eyes.

 

Nickhun didn’t give up, not with Im Yoona. This was not about the challenge anymore; this is him fighting for his love. He had change tremendously! From the man who was allergic to commitment and relationship, now he wanted to be committed and be tied up to Im Yoona. He pursued her untiringly and he was glad that he did because after more than a year of courting her, Yoona accepted his love with the condition that no one, except her best friend Sooyoung, should know about their relationship. That was the happiest day of is life! He promised to love, respect, and protect her. He promised to make her happy.

 

Until this day, he continues to keep his promise. He will do anything for her happiness.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*

 

9:30 P.M. – Nickhun has arrived at Seoul Hotel. It’s time to meet his woman. He knew that Yoona is already waiting. She had messaged him the room number and asked him not to open the lights when he comes in. Nickhun know that Yoona was nervous; he was sure that she is pure and never been with a man before. He doesn’t understand it but he felt really nervous too. Since the time that he was courting Yoona until this very day, he never sleeps with any girl, but he knew that that was not the reason. He had a lot of things in mind. They are going to doit, and then what will happen after? Will Yoona become his? Or will she still become other man’s wife? He wanted to clear his mind so he decided to pass by the hotel’s bar to have a shot. But that supposedly one shot was followed by the second…and third…until he lost count anymore. He also lost track of time until the image of Yoona popped in his mind. “Yoona! Oh sh*t!” He exclaimed. He paid for his bill and dashed off woozily to the lobby to get his card key. Holding his key, he hurriedly turned to the corner to the nearest elevator, but before he reaches the elevator, he bumped into something hard. The next thing he knew was that he was already on the floor, rubbing his sore head. He realized that he bumped into someone, taller and brawnier than him yet apparently as drunk as him; the man was also sprawled on the floor just a meter away from him. Then, Nickhun saw a younger man ran towards the other man and helped him up. Next, he approached him and helped him got up as well. The younger man bent down again to pick up their card keys, first the one nearer to the other man and next he picked up the card closer to him. He looked at it and said, “Oh, your room is just next to my hyung, just go with us.” He offered good-naturedly which Nickhun accepted and timidly uttered a ‘thanks’.

 

So, the three of them headed to the lift, with the younger man in between them ready to assist them just in case the two of them will lose their balance. Finally, they reached the rooms and since the younger man has their keys, he was the one who opened their respective doors for them, then he handed them their card keys and left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

A/N: Anneyong everyone. Here’s chapter 02, I wanted to post this yesterday but my migraine attacked and so I ended up in bed the whole day. Anyhow, I do hope you’ll enjoy this. Comments will always be loved.

 

P.S. – Guys, I also wanted to apologize for murdering Nichkhun’s name. Shame on meee -___-  I’ll try to edit it if I have time.