Chapter Seventy-Six

The COLOR of the Global Fire {APPLY CLOSED}

Like countless times before, the eight members of Color found themselves in the sauna-like practice room – sweat covering the floor, music reverberating loudly through the room, and their lungs aching for cooler air. They all thought that since it was immensely colder outside it’d be cooler in the room as well, but they were wrong and that wasn’t the case because the room just continued to grow hotter and hotter, especially as the practice continued on into the night and the magnae line finally joined the other five in the practice room.

“It’s nice of you all to finally join us,” muttered Chase upon the trio’s entrance, the five older members of Color were sprawled out on the floor of the practice room after a good nine hours of practice – some of them could have passed as dead had it not been for their rapidly moving chests.

“You guys look dead,” stated Hamin as he set his bag down in one of the corners of the room, before taking a seat beside his lover.

“That’s because we are,” muttered Jin, flinching as he sat up from the ab work out they had previously been forced to do as a punishment for being late to practice earlier, “You didn’t have to spend six hours straight in a hellish dance practice with Teacher Shim.”

Jin happily nuzzled into the younger’s shoulder as he talked, pulling the oldest of the magnae line closer to his body; a smirk appearing on his lips as the younger squirmed – trying to get away from him because he did not enjoy the fact that the elder male was practically wiping his sweat off onto him.

“Stop it,” muttered Hamin, grumpily pushing Jin away from him.

“No,” replied Jin, resting his chin on the younger’s shoulder, pulling him ever so closer.

“Seriously, stop it.”

“No.”

“Jin.”

“No.”

“Seriously, you smell.”

“So will you tonight,” replied Jin without much thought.

“I didn’t need to hear that!” called Jihawn as he walked into the room, carrying the boys’ dinner in with him as he did so. The dinner was a simple order of kimchi and chicken, the only substances that were in their current diet other than water.

Jin felt his face heat up and buried it farther into Hamin’s shoulder, his voice coming out as a muffled groan as he stated, “I didn’t mean it that way! I swear, it was supposed to be an innocent statement.”

“Sure, that’s what you want us to think,” retorted Chase as he sat up, smiling thankfully towards A who handed him a brand new and unopened water bottle.

“Let’s end this conversation before it begins,” stated Jihawn, shuddering at the thought of what he had previously walked in on – both stories and scenes he personally witnessed, “I do not want to hear your all’s…encounters ever again, do you understand me?”

“Neh, hyung,” replied Chase, while the others gave simple nods.

“Anyway, I have good news for you all so get up and eat,” stated Jihawn, the eight automatically closed the distance between him and them, forcing him to drop the food and step away as they attacked the food like savage animals, “Slow down, you all are going to choke on a bone if you’re not careful.”

The boys ignored him and his nagging words fell onto deaf ears.

With a deep sigh, he continued on, knowing that he’d grasp their attention again with what he had to say, “You all are going to be holding your first concert.”

As a reaction to his words, there were countless different members coughing and sputtering from the shock.

“Wh-What?” muttered Shinki in disbelief, “A concert?”

“Your very own,” confirmed Jihawn, smiling merrily towards the eight who had all frozen in shock.

“No other groups, just us?” muttered Kyu.

Jihawn nodded, “There aren’t going to be any other groups – just you all and your lovely domestic fans.”

Jae finally snapped out of his shock, “Really? Are you lying to us?”

“Really.” Stated Jihawn, “And no, I am not.”

“Really?” questioned Dae.

“Really, Dae,” stated Jihawn, tired of the verbal dancing that they were doing, “However, the concert is in about four weeks – so about a month, which means that you only have three weeks to prepare for it. Also you all know, you’ve been rehearsing all the songs you’ve promoted before…well, this is the reason why you’ve been doing that for the past couple of months alongside creating choreography for the songs that don’t have routines.”

“Ah,” mumbled Shinki more to himself than the others, “So there is a method behind this madness.”

“Indeed there was,” responded Jihawn, smiling towards the group’s leader who looked as though he was still trying to fully process the information that had been given to him.

Chase sighed as he finished up his portion of the meal and rested his head against A’s shoulder as the magnae was trying to finish his meal.

“Get off me,” muttered A, looking towards the elder who shook his head, “Seriously, get off.”

“No,” retorted Chase, “You aren’t the one who nearly died by Teacher Shim’s hands.”

A groaned, looking towards the elder, but saw the genuine exhaustion shinning in his eyes from his busy solo schedule that had picked up – as had the other five older Color members’.

“With this I also bring news that you all will be recording another song which will be on your next mini album – which is predicted to be released in January since we want you all to focus on the concert coming up,” stated Jihawn, smiling towards the eight, “However, on top of that you all will also have to start recording the VCRs for the concert and also perfect all the performances that you’ve been practicing over and over again recently.”

The eight nodded in understanding, “So, starting now, you need to be serious during the practices because the show is only just a month away and it’s going to be in front of about five thousand fans, sure it may not be too much, but still, you need to do well, especially since the days fly by due to how busy you are.”

The eight nodded yet again, getting what the man was talking about, knowing that it was going to take a lot of work and effort to have it perfect for the fans that were paying money to see them perform for a whole two hours by themselves – no opening act, no other artist involved. Although nervousness bubbled up within them, excitement appeared within them as well. The excitement could be felt in the air between them all and through their determination and hard work during the practices. 

 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. I know it's short, but I have exams coming up in five/six days and have been focusing on studying for them for the past two weeks. 

Again, I hope you enjoyed it, although not much happened and is - in my opinion rather boring. 

I'll see you all again after my exams - during my two week break from school.