Part 3 - In Vino Veritas

In Vino Veritas

 

Jinki has never been good at dealing with hangovers. So when he wakes up the next morning or midday or afternoon, it's no wonder he immediately starts wincing and clutching his head, curling up under his covers and wishing for this huge pounding headache to go away.


“Well, lookie who finally woke up.”

And the leader winces some more, because he knows that voice and that voice means doom for him. He tries hiding under his duvet. Which is pretty idiotic. But he does anyway.

“That blanket isn't Harry Potter's invisibility cloak, Lee Jinki. Get out of there.”

 

Hearing Key's pissed voice, Jinki pokes his head out and puts on the biggest smile he can manage. Key is standing in the doorway with arms crossed, a glare pointed at the poor individual in the bed, foot tapping impatiently. Jinki swallows.

“Hello there, Kibum.”


“Don't “Hello there.” me here, Lee Jinki. I should be kicking your so hard by now, my foot ought to come out of your mouth.”

Jinki widens his eyes in shock and gulps again. Key makes his way across the room, slowly and menacingly, as if Jinki was the prey. And the only two ways out are the windows and the door. Well, they live on the 10th floor and if he wants to go through the door he'd have to manage to get past Key. He's trapped. Damn.

 

So Jinki does the only thing he can think of. He hides under the covers. Again.

“PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!”

To say that Jinki is surprised when he suddenly feels arms going around him while still under the covers, is an understatement. Cautiously poking his head out, he finds Kibum with his head buried in Jinki's back, shoulders shaking.

“Don't do that EVER again, you hear me?! We where so worried!”

Jinki sighs and pets Kibum's head, feeling the soft hair. When Kibum calms down, he finally gets up, sniffling, and points to the bedside table, where a glass of water and some pills are located. Jinki raises an eyebrow.

“For your hangover. You look like , you know.”

When Kibum is about to walk out, Jinki sits up and asks him to wait, wincing again when a pang of pain shoots up in his head.

“I'm really sorry, Kibum. And please tell the others to gather at the kitchen table. I want to apologize properly.”

Kibum smiles and nods before walking off.

After Jinki took the pills and washed up, he takes slow steps to get to the kitchen, feeling a lot better and more refreshed. The headache nearly disappeared completely. On his way to the kitchen he comes up with different apologies, which he immediately fogets when he arrives and finds s sitting at the table, chatting amongst themselves. Noticing him standing in the doorway, they go silent immediately. Everyone looks at him curiously, except for Jonghyun, making Jinki feel guilty. He must be really disappointed in me.

“Guys, I...I'm sorry. I know it was stupid of me to just disappear like that and then get drunk. I'm a bad hyung to you guys, I understand if you are disappointed in me. I'm also really sorry for making you worry. I promise it won't happen again.”


Jinki bows, and then lets his head down, his fringe covering his eyes.

“Meanie.”

Hearing Taemin's, surprisingly amused, voice, Jinki's head snaps up. The youngest is wearing a smirk and slowly standing up.


“Hyung is such a meanie. Going out without us. I'm really hurt.”

He completes the statement with a dramatic pout.
 

The leader can't help but laugh and hug their maknae, who hugs him back wholeheartedly. The others also started smiling, standing up one after the other to hug their hyung. Well, everyone except for Jonghyun, who hasn't moved an inch since Jinki came into the room.

“Jonghyun?”, he asks worriedly, chewing his lower lip. When he gets no reaction, Jinki sighs and decides to let Jonghyun alone for a while. He really ed up this time.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Jonghyun keeps ignoring Jinki over the whole day, dodging Jinki's tries to talk with him. This makes the leader get more and more frustrated. He is feeling like a complete failure. More so than usually.

This goes on for a week. Jonghyun doesn't look at him, doesn't talk to him, doesn't acknowledge that he is existing. And Jinki grows more and more frustrated. Until one day he finally snaps, gets up from their silent dinner and drags Jonghyun all the way to his room, locking the door behind them and taking the key. He contemplates swallowing it to make a point. But that would be just stupid.

“I won't let you out of here until we talked.”

Jonghyun is just staring at him (finally), blinking with wide eyes. So Jinki growls, 
pushes Jonghyun against the door and barks into his face.


“I've apologized already. I said I'm ing sorry. Why are you still ignoring me?”

With Jinki being so close to him again makes Jonghyun have a flashback of the kiss, so as a reaction he pushes Jinki off him and tries calming his heart. The two stare at each other for a moment, Jinki still angry, but also worried that he hurt the younger, and Jonghyun totally confused, because Jinki shows no reaction to them being close, not like Jonghyun. He doesn't know.

“So you really forgot?”, Jonghyun finally whispers. He doesn't know why the thought of Jinki having forgotten the kiss makes his heart clench together painfully. Jinki looks at him puzzled, when it finally dawns on him.

“Oh god. What did I do? What did I do while drunk, Jjong? Did I- did I punch you? Insult you? Both?!

Jonghyun just shakes his head no, staring at his panicking leader. Jinki is pacing around the room, babbling incoherent things, worrying about what he could have done. Suddenly Jonghyun feels hands gripping his shoulders and he stares right into brown eyes. The same brown eyes he lost himself into that night. And he gulps.

“What did I do, Jjong?”, the elder asks urgently, eyes searching Jonghyun's. The latter swallows and touches his lips, giving Jinki a meaningful look. Jinki looks confused for a moment, not even thinking about maybe having kissed Jonghyun.

“I...I threw up? Oh god, I thew up on your shoes, didn't I? I'm so sorry! I'll buy you new-”

He is silenced by a hand on his mouth. Jonghyun is shaking his head and opens his mouth.

“You...you said all these things about me...and then you kissed...me.”

Jinki widens his eyes.

“Oh.”

Jonghyun stares at the ground, blushing.

“Oh. Uh. I. On. On the lips?”

Jonghyun nods, still not looking up.

“I...I...like...a peck?”

Jonghyun shakes his head, blushing a deeper red. It was anything but a peck.

Jinki opens and closes his mouth for a while. That was the reason why he got drunk in the first place. To forget about his feelings for the younger main vocal. And. God. And then he.

 

God, I'm so sorry, Jonghyun. I, I don't even know. How- In what- I'm sorry.”

And he bolts, out the door, past the other members and out of the dorm. He needs to get away for a minute and calm down. Why is he ing up all the time? 

Meanwhile Jonghyun is still slumped against the wall in Jinki's room, feeling utterly confused and conflicted. Jinki obviously loved him. That was clear to see. But what did he feel? Did he like Jinki? Love him?

He surely enjoyed the kiss. He still remembers the feeling, how his heart jumped, how content he felt, how he thought he belonged there. Lips pressed against Jinki's ones.

It was all so confusing.


A/N: Yeeeees, it's still not finished. My fics are getting kinda long :P

I'm contemplating putting a bonus chapter later yet again...of course you'll have to tell me if you want that. let the readers decide, I say :DD


 

and also, I'm thinking of beginning a chaptered story. But the problem with me here is: I'm incapable of updating regularly (okay, well not updating, because I'm usually having everything all typed up, I'm just not putting up everything at once, because I'm mean like that :P I mean it in the "writing-new-chapter" kind of way...yeah, this story, for instance, needed like three weeks to be written by me -.-

 

so, i guess this is also for you to decide :P (if you even bother to read this XDD)



okay, well BUH-BYE :DD