Why Do I Always Have To Think Of A New Title?!

In Vino Veritas

 

Jinki gulps.

And in his drunk stupor he thinks that it's a good idea to run away. So he does. Or at least, tries to. His coordination is already bad when he's sober, so when drunk it is actually a wonder that he can take two steps without falling. That's why, to no one's surprise, he slips on the wet ground and makes an effort to kiss it.

It wasn't a nice kiss. In fact, it hurt very very much.


Jonghyun sighs again, also gets out and locks the car. Stalking up to Jinki, who is still writhing on the ground, whimpering like a kicked puppy, Jonghyun pulls him up and drags him all the way up to their dorm. Yelping, Jinki lands on the couch, with Jonghyun pulling up a chair and sitting directly in front of him. Starting on pulling off Jinki's shoes, the main singer finally voices the question which has been burning in the back of his throat all the time.

“Why?”

Jinki, not comprehending, tilts his head. Jonghyun looks up, one shoe already off and now starting on the other, waiting for an answer.

“Why what?”

When the second shoe is also off, Jonghyun leans back on the chair, crossing his arms, with an “are-you-serious?”-expression on his face.

“This little stunt you pulled today. You're not usually just going around getting drunk without telling us.”

Jinki gulps, and let's himself fall back, sighing at the softness of the couch. Dragging a hand through his hair, he whines loudly.

“Why can't I just go out drinking, Jjong?! I am 22, I can do what I want! I'm older than all of you!”

Jonghyun doesn't budge. He knows Jinki, knows that he isn't drinking without purpose. Either he drinks when celebrating, or he drinks when he is depressed. And Jonghyun has the suspicion that this time around it's the second option an that is making him worry. He stands up and sits right next to their leader, pulling his head in his lap and playing with his hair. Jinki sighs contently, closing his eyes.

“Hyung, you know that I know you better than that. What's the reason?”

Jinki frowns. He doesn't really want to talk about it, but Jonghyun is his best friend. Collecting himself, so as not to slur his words, Jinki begins to speak.

“I just wanted to get away. All these fake laughs, the make up, the clothes, the singing and the dancing. I'm just so tired Jonghyun. I didn't want to be Onew for once, I wanted to be Jinki. Good old Jinki.”, Jinki sighs again, sounding at least twenty years older than he actually is. Jonghyun just massages his hyung's temples, hoping to make the leader feel at least a little bit better. When his efforts are appreciated through a big smile and a light hum, Jonghyun feels the corners of his lips twitch upwards.

“I feel like such a failure, Jjong. Everything I do makes other people miserable. I made all of you worry today, yesterday I ed things up in dance practice, and even once, while I was walking down the street, I accidentally knocked over a fruit stand, ruining things for the owner, then a stressed looking woman tripped over a mango and accidentally ran into a child, whose ice cream cone fell to the floor, so the woman hurt her ankle and the little boy began to cry and his mother had a hard time calming him, and then I slipped on the ice cream, while trying to pretty much run away, and faceplanted the asphalt. Do you understand now, Jonghyun? It's not Murphy's Law, it's Lee ing Jinki's Law! I feel so useless. I'm just a burden.”

Jonghyun furrows his eyebrows, running his hands through his leader's hair. So that was what was bothering Jinki all this time. The younger can't help but feel bad for their leader, who was always working hard. It's true, wherever Jinki goes, chaos is soon to happen. But Jonghyun found that clumsiness strangely alluring on his leader, making the older seem more innocent, younger and more lively. He doesn't like his hyung thinking bad about himself and opens his mouth to retort.

“Hyung, that's not-”

“Yes, it is, Jjong. You know it's true. I'm a burden, I constantly make bad jokes, Taemin is more of a leader than I am, my nose is crooked, my eyes are too small, my smile is too wide, I am too fat, I fall on my face half of the time, I need twice as much time as you guys to learn a dance, my voice cracks too often while singing and I hold up the process of our activities since I hurt myself all the time. How am I not a burden?”

Jonghyun sighs sadly, listening to his hyung with a frown on his face. Jinki isn't ugly or a burden or a bad leader. Jinki is in fact the best leader ever, always caring for s, never thinking about himself first, understanding, funny, lovable, sweet and charming to the point where he has actually nearly everybody falling a little bit for him. His bad jokes make him adorable, his slightly crooked nose makes him seem more human, imperfect, but oh so very real and raw. It's alluring. His eyes are the most beautiful brown, and when they turn into crescent moons when he smiles, it makes your breath hitch. That smile he has can make the stars look dull with how bright it is. And what fat? At least there is some flesh on his bones, something to grab and squeeze (not that Jonghyun wants to do that). And let's not mention those delicious thighs.

So he needs more time to learn a dance, but he is always staying in the dance studio to practice deep into the night, sacrificing his sleep just so he doesn't hold the others up. Those cracks while singing are easily forgiven, since Jinki has one of the most beautiful and unique voices. The only bad thing is that he hurts himself all the time. Not because he holds up their activities as a result of that, no. But because Jonghyun doesn't like the feeling of his heart stopping for a moment, when he hears that Jinki has hurt himself yet again.

And Jonghyun tells their leader all that. Well, in a more manly way, of course. Because Jonghyun is manly. And strong. He's a man. A manly man. So he chooses to turn the gay down a little bit and simply says:

“You're a great person, hyung. One of the best. You know that nobody's perfect.”

He thinks the message has come across quite nicely. Jinki must be all encouraged and hyped up now.

“'m not. But somebody is. You.”

This makes Jonghyun jolt, looking down at his leader in his lap with wide eyes. Jinki has his eyes still closed, looking relaxed, with a small smile on his face.

 

Perfect? Him? Well, wouldn't that be nice.

Chuckling, Jonghyun acts indifferent, puts on a smug smirk and continues caressing his leader's hair. On the inside he is actually trying to calm his racing heart. Why is it reacting like that? Jonghyun can't help but gulp when he gets the sudden urge to lean down and kiss that beautiful smile and- Whoa whoa whoa, hold up. Calm down. Act cool.

“How so?”, he asks after swallowing, since his throat has gone dry for some reason. Jonghyun can't figure out why his body is acting so weird today.

All the while Jinki remains clueless and lets out a content hum, turning and nuzzling his face into the younger's stomach. He doesn't feel how Jonghyun suddenly stiffens and how his fingers begin to tremble while his hair.

“Well, you have the most beautiful voice, it's like it is a gift from heaven, like God is trying to show us how awesome he is. You are passionate and never give up, still you are very sensible and when you start to cry, you are crying like a baby and you can't stop. You are worrying for every single one out of this group, trying to constantly cheer us up with your great humor, worrying to death when somebody is sick, playing the bad cop when you know you have to scold them, but afterward you have to hold yourself back to not apologize to them, because you don't want to be mean. You wear your heart on your sleeve and are completely honest. You are the one taking care of me the most when I hurt myself, making me feel like I'm important. You are my best friend here, Jjongie.”

Jinki has opened his eyes, staring directly into the main vocalist's ones as he speaks. And Jonghyun can't look away, can't say anything, can't think anything. His leaders words are making his heart beat furiously, causing a blush to form on his cheeks. They are slinging themselves over his heart, squeezing it, pulling it, warming it. And the urge to kiss the person on his lap just becomes stronger. It would be so easy. To just lean down and brush his lips against those soft, plump, delicious looking ones of his leader. Instead, Jonghyun gulps.

His hands have stopped caressing Jinki's hair.

Jinki takes a shaking breath, before reaching up and gingerly touching Jonghyun's cheek. The latter's eyelids flutter, but he doesn't flinch away, which lets the leader trace his fingers down the younger's cheek slowly. Jinki swallows.

“And you are beautiful.” He continues in a hushed tone, nearly in a whisper, eyes never leaving the main vocalist's. Jonghyun still can't look away, eyes wide and confused.

“You have the most beautiful puppy eyes, which let my breath hitch every single time I look at them. Your nose is the cutest I've ever seen, your cheekbones make you look more feminine, while your strong jaw compliments your manliness. And your lips...”

And Jinki's fingers lightly trace Jonghyun's slightly parted lips, making Jjonghyun's breath hitch. Jonghyun thinks that his heart can't take it much longer.

“Just make me want to kiss them.”

And Jonghyun has to close his eyes, has to get himself together. There is no way Jinki said that and meant it. Jinki is drunk. He doesn't know what he is saying, doesn't mean it. Because he's drunk, drunk, drunk, drunk. Jonghyun chants in his head, trying to control his breathing and his urges to ravish this beautiful person in front of him. This unbelievable person that just made him feel like the most important individual in this world.

The main vocalist snaps his eyes open when he feels Jinki's head move from his lap and he feels a warm breath ghosting over his face. He is met with a pair of lidded brown eyes, staring at him with desire and love. Jonghyun's throat goes dry and the only thing he can do is swallow and breathe unevenly.

“Can...can I kiss you, Jjongie?”

That is when Jonghyun loses it. Managing a small nod, he suddenly feels warm, soft lips on his own and his heart does backflips and dances the salsa and Jonghyun sighs into the kiss, falls into it. He loves the feeling of Jinki's lips on his, massaging, coaxing softly, patiently, slowly.

And then it's over and Jinki lies in his lap, snoring lightly. Stunned, Jonghyun stares down at him before he traces his lips with his fingers, heart still racing, the feeling of Jinki's lips still on his mind. That's when it hits him.

. Jinki loves him.


A/N:

Yaaay, double updateee~


 

Yeah, kind of as an apology for being gone so long T-T



Yeaaaah hehehehe...I hope you're not mad



School has been, like, my life lately



So, I'm really sorry and I hope you enjoyed it so faaar. Next update is coming soon



Buh-Bye!