Chapter 3

Do You Remember? [MF Challenge]

Chapter 3


“Wae?” the person on the other line asked, not in concern but in frustration. “It’s because of him right?”

I sighs a bit as I played with the soccer ball on my bed. “You knew exactly what is going to happen to you when you go to the States. So you are just going to let your parents control your future?” she ask again with her voice volume up.

“Luna…”

“So just because of Choi Minho, you are going to ruin your future? Is it even worth it?” she reprimanded me lightly as I kept silent.

“Do you even know this Lee Joon?”

“Well, I had only met him once during my childhood.” I replied lightly; still continuing to play with the soccer ball.

“You don’t even know him well and you agreed to marry him? Are you crazy?” she then again volume her voice as I can imagine her walking up and down of her room as she ruffles her hair violently leaving her hair in the state of a crazy woman.

“If you are some kind of old who still haven’t got married at the age of 40, I will say ‘go for it’. But how old are you? You are only 16! Like hello?!” she began blabbing on and on until I heard a scream from her, “JUNG KRYSTAL! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?”

“Woah, woah. Luna, you’ve got to calm down. Chill girl!” I bring back the phone to my ear when she finished roaring.

“Krystal, you’ve got to listen to me. Don’t go to the States! Don’t.” she then stated firmly.

“But… My appa had already booked the air ticket for me and he had already informed the school that I’m leaving abroad.” I said cautiously as I knew she will be blasting with anger after hearing what I had said.

“MWOH?!” she never fails my expectation.

“When are you leaving?”

“The week after Sunday…” I replied even cautiously this time.

“Oh my god! It’s less than a fortnight girl! Your appa sure is afraid that you will change your mind and cannot bear for you to stay in Korea for a single minute huh.” She said angrily as I can feel the heat coming out from the phone.

“Okay girl. Give me a night to swallow this down my stomach. I will talk to you again tomorrow!” and with this, all I could hear after that angry voice was, “teet… teet.. teet…”

I put down the phone then picked up the soccer ball on my bed.

This ball is the reason and the object that let us met.
But if I knew that this would be coming, I would never ever let myself touch soccer ball nor will I allow myself to fall in love with this sports.

-

“Krystal!” the ferocious voice rang into my ears as I turned around nervously waving my hand awkwardly, squinting my eyes and forcing out a smile, “Ahnyeong Luna.”

“Ahnyeong huh.” She said through her gritted teeth as she pinches my ears lightly. “Why didn’t you inform me before you made that decision? How dare of you!” She then rolled up her sleeves, preparing to give me a good beating, as if threatening to kill me as I can almost thought of what she was thinking. She is going to send me to the hospital before I could even reach to the States safe and sound.

“Luna! Relax! Relax Luna!” I screamed in fear as I picked my legs and ran as fast as I could. I guess this is the only skill that I could find useful from learning soccer.

-

“Alright, so what do you intend to do when you reached the States?” Luna has finally calmed down after chasing me around the whole school upside down as I pass her a can of drink.

“Well, I guess I am going to go with my father’s wish and does some business course so I can help out with the company in the future.” I replied with a sip of orange juice.

“How about Soccer?” she asked, looking at me sincerely.

“I’m going to quit it.” Coolly, I said.

“Are you serious?” she rested her arms against the back of the seat as I replied with a nod.

“That’s just as tough as me quit reading and watching Harry Potter you know.” I smiled lightly as I knew how hardcore she is to read the whole of Harry Potter series more than 70 times.

“Well, some habits have to be changed if you want to continue and get on with life.” I said as I took in a deep breath. This is a decision that takes a lot of determination; I cannot let this determination to waver at a time like this.

She didn’t reply, instead she just shook her head. How unlikely of her. Usually, she would scream and yell the head out of mine when she heard me saying this kind of stuff. But I guess, she did feel that determination in me and all she can do is to remain silence, take a sit back and see what I have to say, what I have to do.
-


I've been really really busy recently.
So that explains why I am updating this late. ><
Though I had written out nicely but seriously, I am uploading on like so many sites that I had to spend 1 hour on them to edit html codes. That is such a troublesome task and I regret to doing that.
Anyway, some of you might know that due to my busy schedule, I am on SEMI-HIATUS (Sorry to PTL readers, I will try to be back ASAP) (I will still be updating but will be take so much longer and to to ppl I had subscribed, I might not read and comment that often or that fast). K, partly it's cos I am busy trying to finish a series of anime. :P

Sorry, I am not doing replies today cos I am so tired and too lazy. >< HAH.
OH. And to tell you guys, next chapter should be the last one though I feel like editing it to make one more chapter. Well... depending on how much time I have~ HEHES;]
Until next time...