Chapter 2

Do You Remember? [MF Challenge]

Chapter 2


“Krystal!” a familiar voice called my name as the footsteps get louder and louder.

“Luna!” I smiled brightly as I greeted my second best friend- next to him of course.

“Hey, you know Harry Potter’s last movie Part one had just come out from the theatres? Wanna watch it later?”

She is a hardcore fan of Harry Potter. Not only she has the whole series of Harry Potter like what normal Harry Potter fans will have, she also has their keychain, water bottle, T-shirt, poster and had even went to Harry Potter Theme Park, “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” where all the ride and facilities are part of Harry Potter world. Last but not least, she has written all kind of Harry Potter fanfictions. Creating couples and stories that you will not be able to find it in the Harry Potter series like having Draco Malfoy being together with Hermione Granger, Hermione Granger betrayed Ron Weasley and ended up with Harry Potter but she had never written anything about Ron Weasley’s sister, Ginny Weasley since she hated her for no reason. But I would guess it’s all because she is going to end up with Harry Potter? Okay, this might all sound crazy and stuff, but the craziest thing she had ever done is to actually couple up Snape and Dumbledore. Well, that just simply makes her a hardcore crazy Harry Potter fan.

“Sure.” I smile lightly until we saw a familiar figure with a gorgeous looking woman hooking her arm around his.

“Hey Krystal, isn’t that Minho?” Luna adjusted her glasses as she wince her eyes a bit.

Just before I could give a proper reply, a gush of wind blew against my face and POOF, it was like magic and I ended up in front of Choi Minho- my (ex) best friend.

“Ahnyeong Minho!” Luna greeted him heartily as she then started to examine the girl beside him, “this is…”

“Yuri. Kwon Yuri.” Minho introduced her enthusiastically as he look at Luna, pretending that I didn’t exist.

“Ahnyeonghaseyho.” She bowed at 90 degree as she greeted both me and Luna. As expected from the girl from a rich family. Not only just having an angelic face, a feminine appearance, a perfect body line, a girlish attitude and a brilliant mind, she is also well-mannered, polite and has the type of personality that no one could ever dislike.

“Wanna go watch Harry Potter together with us later?” Luna asked Minho, ignoring the presence of that girl who just greeted us as I bowed lightly to show my apologetic for my friend’s rude behaviour.

“I’m going to watch with my girlfriend later. Sorry about it.” Emphasizing the word, ‘girlfriend’, he then placed his hand around his girlfriend’s waist as he bowed a bit.

“Min-“but before I could finish what I want to say, he just simply grabbed his girlfriend and walked off. Without even listening to what I have to say, or can I say in this case, didn’t even want to listen to what I have to say.

So, those three words could just blow off a friendship that lasted for five years? So this is just how fragile our relationship is. So you can forget everything that has happened to us in these five years. So, you are this cold-blooded…

“Krystal…” Luna looked at me, looking apologetic. “I’m sorry. I thought that he would have gotten over with that and would talk to you again.”

“It’s okay Luna.” I tried to convince my friend standing in front of me that I am okay. But, am I really okay? This is not the first time that I had received his cold shoulder. Truthfully, I had actually tried to talk to him, tried to start a conversation with him. But, never once did he reply me. It’s always just him walking away, leaving me there standing like a retarded fool waiting for a reply that I would never ever get to hear.

“Lets’ go.” I then turned myself around as I placed my arm around Luna’s neck as the flashback of that girl greeting us just now appeared in my head again. It is her. That girl that caused me to get all jealous and in the end, me exploded and thus revealing my feelings for him. I was using so much effort just to try to hide away these feelings for him. Why is it so easy for her to just turn around and then these feelings would come leaking out? This is so unfair... so unfair…

-

“Umma. Appa.” I placed my chopsticks down as I run in deep thoughts before I began my speech.

“I will follow your wish and head to the States to further my studies.” Finally, I had made the final decision. This is the decision I had made after thinking through for the past five months. My parents had already suggested this to me ever since last year and they hoped they I can go to the States to further my studies and after that, to marry the successor of Lee’s enterprise, ajusshi Lee’s son whom I had met once during my childhood period though I don’t really remember his name or even his looks.

“Really? What made you agree to this? You have always been very against the idea of going to the States, let alone the ideal of you getting married to Lee Joon.”

So that’s his name. Lee Joon- my future husband-to-be. Guess I have to start memorizing this name; wouldn’t it be embarrassing for me to not know my fiancé’s name?

“Well, isn’t it good to marry a family that has the same level of status and reputation as us? It could do us good too.” I pretend to act normal as I just squeeze out a reason or two.

“Glad that you had actually thought through this. I’m proud of you, my daughter.” Appa smiles as he looks at me.

“Alright appa. I’m going back to my room since I had finished my dinner.” I slowly walk off as I snorted at myself.

Status? Reputation? Do you even once care about things like this Krystal Jung? I thought to myself as I shake my head lightly. Just admit it, you agree to this and it was all because you want to run away from here, from this heartbreaking place, from him, from Choi Minho. I scanned through the contacts in my phone as I saw this name, “Minho.” What am I thinking? Wanting to bid him goodbye? Wanting to tell him that I’m leaving. So what exactly am I anticipating for? For him to stop me? You know that’s impossible Krystal, you know exactly that he has no feelings for you Krystal. So why are you behaving like this?

I then laugh at myself again; it was because of this, that’s why I’m leaving.
-


Due date extended to 31stJan. Hence I might not update that frequently as I have been quite busy nowadays.
All the chapters will of this length. Sorry about the short chapter. ><
Anyway...
Thank you so much for everyone's support.
I have only posted 1 chapter and there are 14 subscribers!
I'm very happy. (:
I'm really thankful. And I hope everyone will enjoy this chapter. It's less depressing. ;D

Replies:
guiwang_4ever¿ Ya. True enough. (:
loveternallyou¿ Yeah. I can't imagine if this happens to me.
secretmaknae101¿ Updated. (:
Taeminho¿ Nah. It's not that good. It's not been long since I had start writing fanfics.
xherodbskx¿ Wow. I'm so honoured to have you to read my fanfic. I mean, you have excellent writing skills and of course those fantastic graphic skills too. Thanks. I'm so happy that you actually read my fanfic. I hope this doesn't disappoint you. ;D