OO3: Library

You Fulfilled My Wish

***

 

Hyunra stared at L.Joe blankly, so did he. This is what she got from teasing Miyeol. But still, it was considered as a good thing.

 

They stayed in a silent and awkward atmosphere in a few seconds until L.Joe took an initiative.

 

Can I sit here?” He asked shyly and pointed to the empty space beside Hyunra.

 

Yes, s— I mean Byunghun,”

 

He sat beside Hyunra, but still, he left some space between them. Hyunra stared at the floor confused while L.Joe was trying to figure out why did she call him 'Byunghun'.

 

Why 'Byunghun'?” He blurted out because there was nothing to talk. Looking at Hyunra's expression, he continued, “I mean, why do you choose to call me 'Byunghun' instead of 'L.Joe'?”

 

Ah, that. I don't know. It just felt comfortable with me. Are you feeling somehow uncomfortable with it?” She asked.

 

He shook his head, smiled, and said, “it's just rare,”

 

I can call you 'L.Joe' if you want,” Hyunra offered. She somehow felt guilty from being different with the others.

 

No, you don't have to. Just call me the way you want,” he refused. Moreover, it was better if she had something different with anyone else.

 

Hyunra smiled. She looked around while hiding her smile. Then, she noticed a young woman waved to their way. It looked like she was trying to get L.Joe's attention. That woman noticed Hyunra and mouthed 'L.Joe' to her. Hyunra pointed at L.Joe, who was secretly looking at her, facing to the woman. The woman nodded as L.Joe followed Hyunra's eyes and landed to the woman.

 

Byunghun-ah,” she tapped L.Joe's shoulder lightly. Silly her, she just called him in a informal way and he noticed the woman already.

 

L.Joe turned at Hyunra and smiled. He felt happy that Hyunra already felt comfortable beside him

 

Yes, Hyunra-yah?” L.Joe playfully. Hyunra responded with an embarrased face.

 

Nothing. It was just that woman called you earlier... and I didn't mean to call you as if I'm your friend,” she explained her excuses.

 

Then you are now,” he grinned. “That's my noona. She came to pick me up. I look like a kid, don't I?”

 

She chuckled and waved at him since she knew that anything she did would make him happy. L.Joe got up and ready to go home so she said, “Bye, Byunghun,”

 

Bye,” he replied as he walked towards his noona.

 

Hyunra could see his noona as soon as he approached her. She ruffled his hair. Hyunra chuckled to see how L.Joe looked so childish.

 

***

For some reason, L.Joe stayed at the library. He was bored so he walked around to see if there was any interesting book. He walked to the sport books. He intended to take a book related to soccer, but then he stopped and took the voleyball book. He sat and read it.

 

There wasn't any other reason to read that book other than her. L.Joe would love to choose more interesting book than what he held, but it was the school's library. What could he expect?

 

When he was about to get serious on reading, the door opened and distracted him. He continued reading until he finally recognized who just came in. Hyunra. She came with a frown on her face and rubbing her eyes.

 

L.Joe stayed silent until Hyunra realized that he was here. She stopped rubbing her eyes and bowed a little.

 

Byunghun?” She—probably—just wanted to make sure if it was really him since her eyes was blur because she rubbed it.

 

Why are you here? Especially with that face. You look tired. If you want to have some rest you should go to the clinic, not library,” he adviced her.

 

She didn't respond him until she sat on the chair near him.

 

Okay, this is embarrasing, I was sleepy during the class so I decided to close my eyes just for ten seconds but I ended up sleeping. That was why the teacher sent me here and not to the clinic,” she explained.

 

He chuckled on her explanation.

 

Why don't you ask the reason why I am here?”

 

So, why are you here?”

 

Honestly, we are the same,” he put a big grin. “I was going to continue my sleep here but I ended up losing my desire to sleep, for now,”

 

Hyunra put her arms on the table and rested her chin on one of them.

 

I still have it until now,” she said and slowly closed her eyes.

 

L.Joe only could smile at her sleeping face. Not really angelic like, but still, it has that peaceful feeling. Somehow his hand, with the mind of its own, moved and landed on her head. He patted it slowly. Not getting a response, he assumed that she had fallen asleep so he continued patting.

 

He leaned closer to have a better look of her face, but another idea popped out. He wanted to kiss her, at least on the cheek. He quickly shook his head. He can't stole her first kiss just like that. But then, he leaned closer and closer. Once, just once. He kissed her hair near the forehead.

 

***