OO1: Girls' Talk

You Fulfilled My Wish

***

Hyunra wiped the sweat on the forehead with her hand. The voleyball club's activity had ended along with another sport clubs'.

 

She had been in the club since her first year. Hyunra's mom wanted a daughter who would play somekind of sports. Because Hyunra was the only daugther her parents have, she started to get to know about sports and she chose voleyball. It was not like she really wanted to play voleyball, but at least she had the reason to and she enjoyed it anyway.

 

Another girl was waving her hands to Hyunra with a big smile on her face. As soon as Hyunra noticed that girl, she ran towards her after she took her water bottle with her.

 

Miyeol, what are you doing here?” Hyunra asked to that girl—Miyeol—before she drank half of the water in her bottle.

 

Am I not supposed to?” She asked.

 

Honestly, it's a yes, but that doesn't mean I don't want you to be here,” Hyunra answered without looking at Miyeol's eyes. She was just too busy with her water. “I thought it wouldn't take this long to make a cupcake if you started right after the bell rang,”

 

I didn't say I'm here because of the club,”

 

So?”

 

Miyeol who was looking at Hyunra with serious face turned around and stared at the ground, gradualy smiling. It wasn't a normal smile. The smile has something different, it was... love? Love! Yes, it is.

 

Nothing, I was just waiting for you.” she exhaled with the smile still on her face.

 

Hyunra grew curious.

 

No, you're not,” she came and leaned closer to Miyeol, making her took one step back.

 

You're scary!”

 

Until you tell me the truth,” Hyunra threatened.

 

Of course she would know what was hidden in her eyes. It was obivious! Hyunra would be labelled as a bad friend if she didn't know that Miyeol was hiding something when she was Miyeol's friend for almost two years.

 

Since you're my friend I'll tell you,” Miyeol finally agreed to tell her. She sat on the nearest bench. Hyunra followed and sat beside her. “Ricky sunbae—our senior—,you know him, right?”

 

Why would you ask such a question when it's the name I've been listening to everyday from your mouth?” She answered.

 

There are three things that made me happy. First, he smiled at me when we were having our lunch,” Miyeol said without minding Hyunra's question.

 

That's why you smiled all the time,”

 

Second, he said 'hi' to me,” she continued.

 

That's why you're starting to be kind to everyone,”

 

Third, he said 'hi' again after I finished my club. This time, he added something else than just a 'hi' and got us to a conversation!”

 

That's why you stayed here,”

 

Yes!” She exclaimed happily.

 

Hyunra stayed silent and frowned while Miyeol was on her own world. Hyunra stared at the ground and the envious feeling inside of her grew even bigger. Her ears had been listening to Miyeol's love story when she had not found herself's yet.

 

I want to fall in love too because a girl who is in love becomes prettier everyday, gets happy easily, and... well I have to say this but they cry easily too. But still, I want to love someone,” Hyunra blurted out her mind.

 

Um, 'love' sounds too serious. Let's just use the word 'like', ok?” She commented.

 

Hyunra rolled her eyes and got up to take her bag which was right beside her. Once again she drank the water and checked her cellphone. Two missed calls from her mom.

 

I have to go now. My mom will nag through the phone until midnight if she founds me still at school when the club was finished around 30 minutes ago,”

 

I know. Bye,” Miyeol waved at her.

 

Hyunra walked fast to get out from the sports' hall quickly. But then, her steps started to slow down by itself when she walked past by some boys. She felt like two eyes of one of the boys was glued to her. This is not the first time she felt this thing.

 

She sighed hard and shook her head. No, she couldn't expect anything. Hyunra began to make her steps faster again.

 

 

***