Prologue : The Gamer

Gamer to Player

I’m Lee Jinki. But if you play DotA you can find me under the name ‘onew14’. I’m 25 years old currently working as a freelance programmer. But most of the times I stay at home in front of my computer. Did you know? My Skyrim skills are level 80. I mean, I don’t know. That’s pretty awesome to me. I used to be a famous player in Ragnarok but since it’s not that popular anymore, I stopped playing. DotA is my current forte in online gaming. I’m a pretty good gamer. People fear me once I join the server.

I live alone in my apartment. Not somewhere fancy but quite okay. Not too cheap, not too expensive. Just right, I guess. I have no pets even though they allow pets here. I only have a goldfish I keep beside my computer. He’s a nameless one, I just need a little company sometimes, you know?

Friends? Of course I have friends! Lots of people add me up on DotA. I told you I’m famous in there. As for real friends… I have a couple. My gamer friends and I meet up once a month to talk about strategies and current must have computer gears. I meet up with my colleagues every now and then to talk about none other than computer and programming. And… Uh… I lost contact with my high school friends, honestly. Not that I have a lot of friends back then.

But I’m pretty good friends with my neighbor, Kim Kibum. He really takes care of me and made sure I eat properly. It’s kind of funny how we met. I went to take out the trash in the morning after 10 hours of gaming, with all the messy hair and clothes, heavy bags under my eyes and everything. He was there and he screamed when he saw me. He took me straight to his place and nagged me to take a bath and fed me his home made food. I found out about his name and the fact that he was 2 years younger than me after I finished my food. From that day on he swore he would check up on me in regular basis and make sure I’m alive. He’s a really good guy.

I don’t wear thick glasses if you’re wondering. At least not that thick… I’m blessed with a pretty great eyesight and I’m thankful for that. I’m also in a pretty good shape. Miraculously. Also thankful for that too. I’m just born with a great metabolism so I don’t really get out of shape that easily. Hair? Currently messy. Light brown-ish, and it’s kind of blocking my sight…

I thought I could get away with it by clipping in into place or tying it whenever I’m gaming. But Key thought otherwise.

And that’s when everything changes.


A/N : Does it sound interesting? Hm? Hmmm?! HMMMM?! Do you know how hard it is to find a pic where Onew looks just a bit geeky? Cuz even if he looks geeky he's just so y. Unbelievable. I command you to comment on this story.