First Kiss

Gamer to Player

I arrived at the building at about 11PM. I was exhausted but thankfully Mr. Park did pay me double. And it was a pretty big amount of money, I shall say. Not to make me seem materialistic or anything but you can’t avoid the fact that you need money to live.

I got off the elevator and I saw Jonghyun tenderly kissed Key’s forehead. I mean, like, really, really tenderly. He was cupping Key’s slightly pink face and they both had their eyes closed. Then Key hugged Jonghyun with a silly grin on his face. What did I just see…

“Hey guys. You’re still wandering around?” I walked up to them and Key let go of Jonghyun.

“Hey Jinki. Jonghyun was just saying good night. How did your work go?” I grinned and pushed my glasses up.

“Oh, I don’t know, double payment is quite intriguing.” They laughed and I just grinned.

“Okay then hyung, I better go. My folks must be worried.” Jonghyun said. He turned to Key and squeezed Key’s hand.

“You can take my blanket for tonight. Goodnight, Key.” Jonghyun handed Key his beloved dino blanket. Which was really surprising considering Jonghyun loved it so much. It was somehow more surprising that he loved that blanket, because he’s all grown up and manly.

“Goodnight, Jjongie.” Key gave Jonghyun a peck on his cheek. What the flying medusa just happened? Jonghyun walked to the elevator and Key just stared at Jonghyun’s back.

“Key. Did I miss something?” He snapped out of his trance and looked at me with a weird innocent googly eyes. Then he shook his head and went back to his usual nagging self.

“I don’t think so. Well you should go shower and sleep, Jinki. Goodnight!” He went into his apartment and left me dazed. Key was in one of his mood swings again.

I just shrugged and went into my apartment. I took a quick shower and headed to bed. But when I was about to turn off the lights my phone went off to an unknown number. I picked it up, thinking it might be a company or something job related.

“Hello?”

“Jinki hyung!” I heard the familiar voice from the other side of the line.

“Who’s this?” The voice giggled and I just frowned. I thought it was a prank call from my friends.

“It’s Taemin! I asked Key for your number.”

“Oh, okay. What made you call me so late at night?” I turned off lights and the light from my reading lamp that was attached on my bed led me to the fluffy mattress.

“Am I bothering you, hyung? I just wanted to check whether you’re already done working or not…” I set my glasses on the side table and lie down on the bed.

“It’s okay. I’m already home. Just turned off the lights and currently lying down on the bed.” Taemin giggled and I couldn’t help but to grin too.

“That’s good. You should probably rest now, hyung. You must be exhausted.”

“Yeah, I’m pretty tired. You um, should go to sleep too. It’s late.” I yawned and rubbed my watery eyes.

Okay. I’ll talk to you tomorrow, hyung! Don’t forget to save my number. Goodnight and sweet dreams, Jinki hyung.”

“Goodnight, Taemin.” He hung up. I quickly saved his number and went to bed.

.: :.

I was woken up the next day by the bright sunlight coming through the window. I didn’t close the curtain right and a ray of sunlight just had to peek through and hit my face. I groaned and rubbed my eyes. I checked my phone and saw that it was about 10.30 AM.

“Good morning, world…” I got up and hit the showers. I had nothing to do that day so it was really nice to take things slow. I washed my hair and scrubbed myself clean. I stepped out from the shower just in time my phone rang. I put on my glasses and read the caller ID, it was Taemin.

“Hello?”

“Hi hyung. Had a good sleep last night?” I grabbed another towel and dried my hair.

“Yeah, and I just woke up and finished showering. It’s nice to be able to wake up late.” He laughed and I could almost see his grin.

That’s really nice. By the way, do you want to meet up and get lunch today? Someone just told me that a café near the salon had this amazing banana cream éclairs and I really want to try it.” He sounded really excited when he talked about the éclairs. I guess I should treat him since he took care of me when I was sick.

“Sure, that might be fun. And uhm, let me treat you today, okay? You know, to pay you back.” Taemin gasped audibly and I raised my eyebrow at this.

“Awh, hyung, you really don’t have to… You know I just wanted to help my own friend.” Taemin is really a good kid. No wonder Key likes him so much.

“No, I insist. You’ve been a great help and I think you know… You deserve a treat.” I opened my closet and started searching through my clothes.

Okay then, Jinki hyung. Thank you very much! How about we’ll meet up at… half past 12 at the salon? I’ll be having my break then.”

“I’ll see you there then, Taemin.”

“I’ll be waiting, hyung!” He chirped happily.

“Wait, Taemin!” I quickly said before he hung up.

“What’s up?” He sounded puzzled. Well I was puzzled too since I never thought I’d ask this to someone.

“What should I wear?” He didn’t answer for a few seconds but then he laughed.

“Oh hyung, you’re so funny. You don’t need my advice! I have to go now, see you later!”

Click.

He hung up. I really needed an advice! How was I supposed to know what I should wear? I couldn’t care less about my appearance a few days ago and he expected me to figure out what to wear? Wait. Why did I even care about how I look? I was just going to meet Taemin. Key’s fashion conscience must be contagious and I got it. Damn.

After 10 minutes of going through the contents of my closet I decided to wear the new black button up shirt I just bought. I also found a pair of dark jeans that surprisingly wasn’t loose. I hand-combed my hair and put on my glasses. I slipped on my black vans and went on my way.

As I was walking to the salon people were staring at me. It was uncomfortable and completely weird. Never in my life people actually looked at me like that. What do you call it? Uhh, people are checking me out? Yeah. Never, ever. I was always the invisible guy, the wall flower, the geek. I only changed my clothes and people were checking me out already? Honestly, I wasn’t exactly super happy about it. I mean, it was really out of my comfort zone. But I guess there was nothing I could do. My internet and game consoles were on the line.

I entered the salon and Taemin who was cutting a girl’s hair called out to me. He had a dark purple v-neck on and his hair was tied up into a ponytail.

“Hey, hyung! Over here.” I walked up to him and said hi. He looked at me from head to toe and he whistled playfully.

“Hyung, you look great! The glasses actually make you look better. I told you you’d be fine without my advice.” Ugh, him and his compliments. I saw the mirror and my face was pink. I scratched the back of my head.

“Uhh, thanks, I guess.” Taemin laughed and kept cutting the girl’s hair.

“By the way, you’re early, Jinki hyung.”

“Jinki? Lee Jinki?” The girl suddenly said before Taemin could finish his words. I finally looked at her. The sight was bitter sweet at that point.

“Luna?” There she was. What are the odds of meeting your ‘ex girlfriend’. No, not exactly ‘ex girlfriend’, she wasn’t even my friend. I used to have a crush on her and she confessed to me out of the blue. 3 days later I found out that her friend dared her to ask me out. It really bad.

“Jinki! It’s been so long! Wow, look at you now. What happened?” Seeing her face made me feel bad. I remembered how badly it hurts back then. I didn’t even sleep the day I found out about the bet. The next day Luna and her gang laughed at me right in front of my face, calling me pathetic for believing that Luna would really date me. It really hurts and seeing her face just reopened the wounds.

“Yeah… It’s been long. Nothing happened.” My face fell even though I tried my best not to. But what could I do? It was inevitable.

“Luna, you know Jinki hyung?” Taemin finished his work and put away his scissors. He checked her hair one more time and looked like he was happy with it.

“Yeah, I know him. We were … classmates in high school.” Luna smiled at me. Fake. That fake smile she had on her face sickens me.

“Oh that’s interesting! Wow, it’s a small world, isn’t it? So tell me, what was hyung like in high school?” Her smile faltered and it was my time to grin. She knew nothing about me.

“Umm… Jinki during high school…” She scrunched up her face in thoughts. I wanted to laugh, I really almost did. I wanted to taunt her but I just kept my mouth shut. Taemin did the work for me though.

“So? What was he like?” Taemin looked expectantly at her.

“Well, truthfully I never knew him that well. But I got the chance to spend a couple of days with him and I learned that he’s a really nice person. He’s really smart in class but he wasn’t really a talkative person. You don’t really notice him. But during those days I found out that he’s really caring. He also makes silly jokes and he always tried his best to make me laugh and feel comfortable. I think people just misunderstood him and judged him by his looks. Which was really wrong.” Taemin squealed and nudged me with his elbow.

“I knew it! You’re a really good guy, hyung. Anyways, I’ll be right back. Have to get the blow dryer.” Taemin ran off, leaving me with Luna.

“Jinki, I’m sorry about what happened.” I was really shocked by the words she said. I was really hoping she would say really bad things about me, especially after the whole incident I had with her.

“You had no choice but to follow your friends.” I simply said.

“I did have a choice. And I picked the wrong one. I’m really sorry. I meant all the things I said earlier.” I looked at her and she really did have sincerity in her eyes.

“Why?” She sighed.

“We were in high school. We were young. Popularity was everything, Jinki. You know that even if you didn’t actually want it. But I did and that was my first mistake. I worked hard to be popular and if I ever got caught hanging out with you, I could kiss it all goodbye.” I nodded. It was true. High school was when popularity mattered. Your image mattered, your friends mattered. But to me it was all pointless. Why would you work so hard for something that is so short-lived? Pursuing popularity in high school is pointless.

“I understand.” I nodded and Taemin came running to us.

“Okay, let’s finish this. Jinki you can sit here you know. You guys must have a lot to catch up on.” And so I just sat down beside her. Taemin and Luna chatted over the loud sound of the hair dryer. I talked a bit here and there but I mainly just pay attention to them. I realized that after Luna apologized, I could actually forgive her.

“Luna, we’re going to grab some lunch after this. Do you want to come along?” I offered her and she genuinely looked surprised.

“Ah, thanks for inviting me, Jinki. But I have something to attend to. Maybe next time?” She flashed a smile at me which didn’t look fake at all. The smile that I fell in love with.

“Okay then. Next time, perhaps.” I smiled at her and she blushed.

“Haha, Jinki you’ve really changed… Give me your number and I’ll contact you sometimes.” We switched phones and put in our numbers.

“You’re all done, Luna!” Taemin turned off the dryer. Luna grinned, happy at the result.

“Thank you Taemin! I really have to run now, I’m running late! Nice to meet you again, Jinki!” She got up and gave me a kiss on the cheek. My face burned into so many different shades of red.

“Keep on doing what you’re doing and you’ll be awesome, Jinki! Bye Taemin.” She paid and stormed out the door. I was still sitting there, mouth wide open, hand over the spot where Luna kissed me.

I don’t know. Did that count as my first kiss?

“Jinki hyung, stop blushing already and let’s go. I can leave early.” I snapped out of it and glanced at a pissed looking Taemin.

“Oh, yeah. Sure. Let’s go.” We went out the door and Taemin led the way to the café.


A/N : DAMN, JINKI YOU'RE SO FINE. YOU'RE SO FINE YOU BLOW MY MIND, OH JINKI! OH, OH, OH JINKI JINKI WOOOO!

Mwahahhahahahah damn he's so awesome.

Oh, if you pay attention. I put a lot of lunch-dates and everything food or cafe related stuff in this fic. Mwahahhahaha.

Sorry for any kind of typos or grammar mistake. Point it out for me and I'll fix it.

Anywaaays, my chappies are pretty long now, huh? *achievement!*

Comment, people? :D

p.s DID THE TITLE FOOL YA? /bricked xD

p.s.s Sorry, did a fix somewhere