Changes

Gamer to Player

“Get your out here, Lee Jinki!” Kibum, nicknamed Key, shouted from outside my apartment door. Yesterday during dinner he forced me to promise him that I would go get a haircut. I didn’t say yes, of course. Because I promised my friend to help him out with a quest that he had troubles with. But Key decided that I need to get my hair out of my eyes.

“Lee Jinki, you better open this door right this second or I’ll break it down!” He started banging on the door and I groaned.

“Key, I’m busy!” He started banging the door even harder. I went super speed to finish the quest. I did it before so it was no big deal. It was really easy.

“How dare you say that to me! I know you’re playing that game of yours so open this damned door right now! Or I’ll cut your internet connection. Believe me, I can do that, Jinki!” Knowing that Key’s best friend was the son of the apartment’s owner I hesitantly got up and unlocked the door.

“What, Key? I told you I don’t wanna go- OUCH!” As soon as I opened the door this disrespectful dongsaeng flicked my head.

“Nonsense. Look at yourself! Do you know how ugly you are with your fringe tied up like that? Look at those bags under your eyes. How long did you play last night? Gosh, Jinki, start taking care of yourself! I just can’t stand looking at you like this anymore!” He inspected my hair and held my face in his hands. He almost wept. Seriously. He almost wept. Looking at him like that I wondered if I did look that bad…

“Come on, Key. It’s not like it’s important…” He (not so) lightly slapped my cheeks and glared at me.

“You little- Just do as I say! Now get your in the bathroom, shower, throw on some decent clothes and come with me to the salon. You’re getting a makeover!”

“What? No! I don’t need a makeover! You can’t make me go with you!” That was a bad move I deeply regret.

“Oh yeah? Watch me!”

He bullied me. He practically dragged me to the bathroom and made me shower. He forced my jeans that was one size smaller and a short sleeves dark blue button up shirt on me. He dragged me out the door. Oh before we passed the front door he threatened to throw out my game consoles if I don’t follow through with him. Did I say he’s a good guy? I gave a second thought about that. I was bullied by a guy 2 years younger than me!

“We’re here. Don’t forget that I can ruin your life or make it better, hyung.” We reached a fancy looking salon and we entered. The salon was decorated mostly in brown colored furniture, making it cozy but still sophisticated. There were several customers in there, basically business is pretty slow.

“Key! How are you today?” A beautiful young girl greeted Key. Her hair was brown and long, tied into a high ponytail. She was wearing a black v-neck t-shirt and black skinny jeans. She was probably the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen!

“Hey, Taemin. I’m good. By the way thanks for the hair tips you gave me yesterday over the phone. You really saved my life.” Taemin grinned and her eyes turned into half moons.

“No problem! Glad I could help you out. By the way, what brings you here today?” Key pulled me and held my shoulders.

“This. Make him look good.” I could see Taemin’s eyes widened and he bowed a little.

“Hello there, hyung. I’m Lee Taemin. It’s … nice to meet you.” What’s with that pause? Sheesh!

Wait. What?

“Did you just call me hyung? I thought you’re a girl!” I could practically hear Key rolled his eyes and smacked his forehead. Taemin just laughed and covered his mouth with his hand.

“Lee Jinki. Are you really serious?!” Key said as he rubbed his temple.

“What?! He does look like a girl!” Taemin laughed even harder. I was dead serious! It was impossible for a guy to look like that.

“Sorry, Taemin. This guy definitely lack social skills.” I was about to complain but Taemin finally stopped laughing and rendered down to soft giggles.

“It’s okay. Jinki hyung, right? I get that a lot. So it’s totally fine. Anyways, what made you want to get a makeover?” He led me and Key to a seat in the corner of the salon.

“Actually, I never wanted to do this. So it’ll be very nice of you just to trim off my hair a little bit.”

“Oh Jinki hyung! Look at this! Jonghyun just texted me! I wonder what I should say to him concerning your reluctance to this makeover… You know, he has been eyeing your Xbox…” He fiddled with his cell phone and raised his eyebrow at me.

“Taemin-ssi, please do whatever you and Key think is best.” I sighed and rested my life in their hands.

“Good boy Jinki!” Key squealed in delight and stood in front of me.

“Don’t worry, Jinki hyung. We’ll make you look stunning!” Taemin’s bright smile didn’t convince me at all, honestly. I had no idea what will happen to me. My whole life might change and I wouldn’t know what to do! I had been comfortable with the way I had lived.

“Taemin, baby. We have lots to do.” He took off my glasses and everything went blurry for me.

“Chop that off. Make it darker brown. Pluck those ugly eyebrows. Make it neat. Facial. Face mask. Blackhead remover. Highlights? Meh.. Darker brown is a must! Blonde? No way! Yeah, yeah. Chop that part off.” Key and Taemin talked and talked, deciding how I should look like without even consulting me.

And so it started. They washed my hair, chopped it off, dyed it, plucked my eyebrows (which hurts), smeared stuff all over my face, washed it, smeared another stuff on my face and finally blow dried my hair. I had no idea what they were doing. After an excruciating 3 hours they finally finished.

“Wow.” Key breathed out. I was praying I didn’t look funny. I was praying and praying and praying.

“Wow… Key, we did it.” Key squealed and I could see their blurry image jumping up and down.

“What did you do, guys? Can I see now?”

“Taemin we did it! You’re such a talented boy! This is our greatest masterpiece!” Blurry Taemin hugged Blurry Key and they continued jumping.

“Guys, I’m not kidding. What did you do? Give me back my glasses!” I was starting to worry. Did they change my face or something?!

“Jinki, you look so different! I can’t believe it’s you! You’re stunning!” Key messed up my hair and squealed again. What’s with all the squealing?! Did I change that badly? It was getting on my nerves to the point I didn’t want to see myself anymore.

“Okay, just let me go home. I don’t even want to take a look at myself anymore.”

“Come on, Jinki hyung. Give it a shot! Key even brought your contact lenses. You’ll love the new you!” Taemin was excited over this. Probably too excited.

“I don’t even like wearing my contacts! They’re not comfortable…” I whined. I really hated my contact lenses. I only use it when I break my glasses and that happens so rarely.

“Yeah, you bought the cheapest one you could get. It was not moist enough. I got you a new one and put it on your apartment rent. So you better put it on, Jinki.” I groaned and Key practically shoved the lenses in my eyes. I blinked away some tears and realized it was more comfortable than the last ones. My vision went clear but I kept my head down.

“Look up, Jinki hyung. Look at yourself in the mirror!” Taemin urged me.

I slowly lifted my gaze and stared at this guy. He was staring back at me. I tilted my head to the right and he followed. I touched my forehead and he followed.

“THAT’S ME?!” I looked at the two younger guys who were looking at me like proud parents. I looked back to the mirror. A guy looked back at me. He was hot. He was desperate. Oh, that guy was me. I looked hot and desperate.

I was screwed.


A/N : Do you know how badly I spazzed over that picture? Do you realize how irrelevant the pictures look like?

EXPLANATION TIME~

So basically their hair is the current Sherlock hair. As of Onew's geek hair, it's long and messy with the face of the pic on the first picture.

I like Taemin's long hair, like the ones in the current performances. So yeah. Hope that clear things up a bit.

God, Onew's so freaking hot.