You are so Gay

Born for the Stage

 

tumblr_len123bFKU1qg6tgwo1_500.jpg

Photo not mine :)

 

 

Chaerin ended up treating the entire group.

 

Dara sat on her left, then her boyfriend Taeyang, Seungri, Minki, Daesung, GD, Seunghyun, and then Bommie. She was happy that Jiyong was not beside her, but the problem is he was right in front of her. And their current topic is; the fourth member of the girl group. “How about Ra-im? From the chorale?” Taeyang suggested. “I heard she’s good.”

 

“There can’t be two main vocals in a group.” Seunghyun replied. “What you need is a leader.”

 

“Hyung said that he’s planning to make you the female version of us, so that means he’s looking for a female GD.” Daesung said. “Eh? Yah—Jingyo-ah, don’t you have a sister?” Bommie asked before she took a bite of her Hawaiian pizza. “I do, but she’s not into music. She’s not even in YGSA.” GD replied.

 

“Omo, this is going to be harder than I thought.” Dara said after draining her iced tea. “Wait, why don’t we all look at Jingyo-oppa.” Minki suggested, and all eyes went to the leader. “Let’s all define him.”

 

“Charismatic.” Bom said.

 

“Strict.” Seunghyun added.

 

“A musical genius.” Minzy said, “Gee—thanks, Minki-ah.” Jiyong told their youngest friend.

 

“Cool.” Dara said with a nod.

 

“Fierce.” Taeyang said right after Dara.

 

“Boring.” Seungri commented, everybody raised a brow, “What? It’s true.”

 

“A perfectionist.” Daesung said after swallowing a lump of pizza.

 

“Now, you better give a good comment, Vanessa.” GD said before he slurped from his iced tea. “I’m not a part of the group; I better keep my thoughts to my self since I really don’t want to hurt your ego.” CL said. The others just ‘woah-ed’ at them. “Glad that you cared so much, now come on, tell me your honest opinion.” GD dared. Nobody ever did try challenging him the way she does. CL crossed her arms and said, “You’re a narcissistic, arrogant gay-tard.”

 

The time just stopped.

 

The smirk—deleted.

 

Jiyong stared at her—nobody ever did call him gay before. The others looked at the confident CL. “Accepted.” GD said—but he was far from sounding insulted—because he sounded amused, much to CL’s anxiety. “You have to search the whole world in order to find a female GD.” Seungri commented. “Wow, thanks for stating the obvious, chestnut.” Dara glared at the youngest of Big Bang.

 

It was supposed to be their biggest break, a dream come true. Now it has a tendency not to happen because they lack a member. “Wait—” Daesung beamed and look at the cat-eyed blonde, “What if, Chaerin-ah becomes the fourth member?” CL looked stressed, the others agreed. “Yeah , Chae. You seriously shut Jiyong earlier with that outstanding rap.” Taeyang added before eating a fry.

 

“And you should be fiercer than a lion to call Jiyong gay.” Bom added, “Ah—” CL looked at them. Bom, Dara and Minzy all gave her a hopeful look, she was starting to love them but, “I’m sorry. I just can’t.”

 

“Can’t doesn’t exist, only won’t.” Top’s statement earned another wave of ‘woahs’ from the others. “I mean, that rap was just pure adrenaline rush. I was so irritated and it all came out. And besides, I have my feet dancing to the left, I’m like a burp in a symphony.” CL explained, oh no, she was not going to take any chances. Chaerin Lee won’t be making the same delusion twice.

 

The three girls slouched, Bom leaned unto Top, Taeyang’s hand was on Dara’s shoulder and Minki had her face on her hands. Conscience could kick you on the gut sometimes. The table was suddenly quiet. CL sighed before looking up, only to find Jiyong gesturing at her to say something. Wow, thanks for the support.CL thought.

 

“Hm, what if you just show YG that you don’t need a leader?” CL asked, but it didn’t lighten the mood. She looked at Jiyong and turned another gesture, “Ah—” he started, “Democracy is good right? Equality is very good.”

 

What the hell? She mouthed at him. He shrugged, What should I say? He mouthed back.

 

Now, when did they start camaraderie? “Um since Vanessa doesn’t want to be the permanent member of the group, why not make her the temporary member?” Three pairs of eyes looked at Jiyong with hope; CL just gave a glare filled with utter disbelief. A moment later, eight pairs looked at Chaerin.

 

It was hers to decide in the end after all. She sighed, No going back anymore, Lee. Time to face your fears. “Okay.” She said. The others cheered, even GD. “But—” CL voiced out as she tried to ease the others. “I’m not doing any stage—nor dance numbers.”

 

That caught their attention. “I’ll act as vocal practice ground, a temporary voice. Okay?”

 

**

 

CL walked back and forth on her big gray tee and short shorts. A Korean pop song banged her speakers. What was he thinking? She asked to herself. He did solve the problem but it brought all attention to her. And that attention will make her departure at the end of the semester even harder.

 

She would .

 

The girls will laugh.

 

GD would be disappointed.

 

And when did he enter the scene? No, she would be lying to herself if she says she didn’t see that look on his face. When he said about her being a temporary member, his eyes exposed hope. He was actually rooting for her, as if that small rap actually concluded his thoughts of her; as if he really knew her capabilities—not her limitations.

 

CL was so deep in thought that she didn’t notice that she was singing along the Korean girl group After School’s, Because of You. She was starting to like these girl groups and their simple rap. They actually have the kind of swag that American artists don’t have. Chaerin couldn’t define what kind of swag—but it was just there.

 

The different kind of swag—CL’s thoughts lingered there for a moment as she rapped along the song. What if she was one of those people who have the different flavor of swag?  She bit her lower lip, There’s exactly no way out of this, isn’t there?

 

“That was—” CL turned to look at the familiar voice, “That was hot cousin.” Teddy. At least he looked amazed. CL put a hand on her waist, “Don’t you know how to knock?”

 

“I did knock, but since nobody answered, I took the liberty to enter.” He sat on the couch he seemed to be fond of since it was the same seat he took every time he came over. “Chae—” he bowed and shook his capped head, “You were amazing.”

 

“Why are you here?” She wasn’t going to talk about it. “My boy, Jiyong told me you did an impromptu rap to shut him up, is that true?” Boy, Teddy doesn’t play games. He just hit the point at the first wave. “You know that Kwon?” She asked back. Like she said, she was not going to talk about it. “We go around, just answer the question ‘cous.”

 

“Yeah, I did. Pure adrenaline rush—no strings included.” She said before shutting her speakers off. “Did YG tell you that he shifted me to Performing Arts?” She asked and she was still unconvinced by it.  “Yes, I think it’s good for you. YG has his own way of reading people.” He said. “What? You’re just going to let him do that?”

 

“I heard you befriend the girls—good, talented chicks. Great choice.” Teddy said instead, why does he keep on ignoring her? He took some papers to what it seems a folder he brought with him. “These are songs GD and I composed for some time in case the girls would make it.” He gave her the compositions. “YG told me that he made you the boss of the girls, not really a member but a kind of support or whatsoever. He said that he’ll trust you to teach the girls their parts.”

 

CL used to have musical lessons so she understands written notes. These days, it became a habit for her to sigh so she gave one out. She sat beside him, “I can help them, and I even agreed to become the temporary member.”

 

“I’ll sing the other parts, at least until they find a permanent member.” She scanned the lyrics, “2ne1? What’s that?”

 

“YG told us that that will be the name of the group, 2-n-e-1, said that it’s the 21st century or ‘to-anyone’. I think it’s a good name for the female Big Bang, from the Big Bang theory to the 21st century.” He explained. “Oh yeah—” he took one of the papers, “—this one is for two people only.” Please Don’t Go.

 

A/N: Aigoo, I did not update for soooo long and I gave you this?? I promise to make it up on the next one though :) So leave me comments and subscribe !!