I'll Carry You

Bittersweet
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Yesung woke up with butterflies in his stomach, he was feeling restless. He looked at his own reflection in the mirror and smiled shyly at the memory of Kyuhyun's confession. He touched his lips with his own fingertips and felt a warm tingling sensation spread through his face, he was blushing. He covered his burning cheeks with his hands, he had it bad, he was falling in love with a younger man. Even though Kyuhyun repeatedly assured him that his feelings were real, Yesung couldn't help but have insecurities. He exhaled slowly, he wasn't sure how he'd face Kyuhyun today, even worse, he would have to deal with the meddling Sungmin. Yesung's cheeks flared up with embarrassment again, he wished he wasn't the type to blush so easily, but did he used to blush this much? Most people referred to him as cold and stoic, but he became a catastrophic mess of emotions ever since he met Kyuhyun. Yesung frowned at himself and grudgingly admitted, to the empty room, that Kyuhyun was someone special.

 

- - -

 

Kyuhyun watched – or rather, stared with his mouth agape – as Yesung recited his lines and practiced his fight choreography with Sungmin by his side. The second year students had practice for the upcoming musical everyday and they stayed after school for hours. Not wanting to let Yesung out of his sight for even one moment, Kyuhyun joined them in the auditorium every afternoon and just worked on his homework while he waited. However, he only managed to finish his homework the very first day while the costume designers took Yesung for measurements. Everyday after that he was just too busy staring at the older student and his surprisingly toned arms as he practiced in nothing but a wife-beater tank top and loose sweat pants. Yesung-watching was fast becoming his favorite hobby.

 

That afternoon, Sungmin was demonstrating how to wield a staff and Yesung just shook his head. The martial artist had the wooden pole whirling and spinning in the air effortlessly while Yesung complained to him that it wasn't plausible to him to learn how to use it by the time the musical started. Sungmin merely grinned and said “Practice makes perfect.” He soon swallowed his own words when the staff slipped out of Yesung's small hands and went flying towards Sungmin's face. The shorter boy then mumbled something about adding super glue to the weapons as a safety measure. Kyuhyun tried really hard not to burst into a fit of laughter, but failed. Yesung shot his lone audience member a menacing look and approached the edge of the stage.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, are you really okay with spending all your free time here with us? Aren't there other things that you want to do with your time?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled, “I'm already exactly where I want to be.”

 

Yesung blushed, “You know, Kyuhyun-ah, this is an arts school, aren't there any clubs that you're interested in?”

 

“Whatever club you're in,” Kyuhyun stated decisively.

 

Yesung frowned, “You really have no interest in developing a particular talent?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled up at Yesung innocently, “Didn't you know, Hyung? I can sing.”

 

Yesung looked at him skeptically, “Then you can join the choir during rush week.”

 

Kyuhyun hummed, “When's that?”

 

“In about two weeks,” Yesung sighed, “And that's when we're supposed to have a preview of this new musical ready.”

 

“You're already doing quite well, don't worry.”

 

“I can't help but worry,” Yesung chewed on his bottom lip.

 

Sungmin called for Yesung before Kyuhyun could say anything else and the

Please log in to read the full chapter