The Stage

Bittersweet
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Most things came naturally to Kyuhyun and he possessed enough determination to obtain the things that did not. Things were finally looking up for Kyuhyun, or so he thought. Yesung was his and he had the perfect excuse to monopolize the elder's time and that's all that really mattered. He had been so focused on wooing Yesung for the better half of the first semester that he didn't pay much attention to anything else; and if he thought that everything would be smooth sailing from there on out, he was sorely mistaken. There were a great many things that Cho Kyuhyun excelled at, but being generous with his boyfriend's time and curbing his jealousy were not amongst his virtues. He would lock Yesung in a room and throw away the key if he could.

Yesung's popularity didn't suffer in the slightest after agreeing to a same relationship, but it was social suicide for a no-name first year like Kyuhyun and he didn't care. He had expected some backlash, he didn't expect people to be accepting of a same relationship especially since Kyuhyun was more than happy to stake his claim openly; but what he didn't expect were all the jealous glares. He knew Yesung was popular with the girls, the second year student still got love letters stuffed into his locker everyday, but there was a sudden explosion of love letters from other boys as well. So Kyuhyun had to deal with the jealous hisses from girls that blamed him for dashing their hopes as well as the envious glares from boys that were vying for Yesung's attention. He felt like the whole school was trying to sabotage their relationship. The only person that seemed to be on their side was Sungmin, but Sungmin was Yesung's best friend and Kyuhyun needed someone else to confide in, especially when it came down to how he should seduce his own boyfriend. Kyuhyun was getting ually frustrated.

 

- - -    

Yesung took a deep breath, his chest hurt, it constricted and he felt trapped. They started the curtain call and he froze in place. He had never experienced stage fright before and it confused him. It wasn't as if he had never performed before a live audience before, he was the choir club's president after all, but there was something about performing the musical that had him on edge.

He pulled on his long wig with trembling fingers and mumbled under his breath repeatedly. He was going to be okay, everything was okay, everything was going to work out. Yesung let out an exasperated sigh and started bouncing on the balls of his feet in agitation. Where was all this nervous energy coming from? He felt a dark cloud close in on the corner of his vision. He started panting, he was going to faint, he panicked, he was definitely going to faint.

A

Please log in to read the full chapter