If You Like Someone...

Bittersweet
Please log in to read the full chapter

Unlike his cynical appearance, Kyuhyun had a romantic view of destiny. There were always those kinds of scenes in movies and dramas, where you would meet your soul mate by chance, because that's the way it was always meant to be. Kyuhyun believed in love at first sight and it had happened for him on the very first day of school. It was fate that Yesung's backpack unraveled right in front of him, it was fate that Kyuhyun fell for him the moment he looked into those dark onyx eyes, and it was fate that they met under the oak tree. It didn't discourage him when Yesung was resistant to his advances, the older boy responded to his kiss so the attraction was there, Kyuhyun just needed a little more time and he was sure that Yesung would come around. Then he saw her, walking next to the object of his desire, a rather unimpressive girl in his opinion. All she had going for her was near perfect porcelain skin and silky raven hair. She was pretty, but she paled in comparison to Yesung and it irked Kyuhyun that Yesung could smile at her so sweetly. He wouldn't be discouraged though, Kyuhyun was convinced that he and Yesung were meant to be together.


“Hmm, his real personality is starting to surface.”

 

Kyuhyun turned sharply at the strange words whispered to him. Lee Sungmin was looking up at him with a sly smile.

“His real personality?” Kyuhyun barely spared Sungmin a second glance while his eyes followed Yesung's every move. The older student was smiling softly and trying to hide his flushed cheeks behind cute baby hands. Kyuhyun had a sudden urge to pinch those cheeks and hold onto those fingers.

“I've known him for three years, he's always been cold and aloof, and other students always idolized him for being cool.” Sungmin's bow lips curled up into a smirk, “But he's actually a soft-hearted dork and he's going to be way more popular this way.”

“I don't get it, I never thought of him as cold and aloof.” Kyuhyun thought back to Yesung's dreamy face while he sang with headphones on and his flustered face when his backpack broke. Kyuhyun just thought Yesung was adorable and...perfect.

“You have sharp eyes,” Sungmin studied Kyuhyun for a moment. “Or, you only have a keen sense for detail when it has to do with Yesung.”

Kyuhyun sputtered, “What are you talking about?”

“Puh-lease, you can't even try to hide it now,” Sungmin smacked Kyuhyun on the back and the freshman flinched. The baby-faced junior was a lot stronger than he appeared to be. “You like him, a lot. You're actually obsessed with him with the way you stalk around the second floor all the time.”

Kyuhyun turned red in the face, “So, what if I like him?”

Sungmin shrugged, “I just wanted to wish you good luck, Kyuhyun-ssi. It might be hard to catch him now that he agreed to date someone.”

Kyuhyun grabbed onto Sungmin's shoulder before the older boy could leave, “They're dating?!”

Sungmin narrowed his eyes at Kyuhyun's grip and the latter hastily removed his hand, “Yesung wouldn't have walked her to school if they weren't.”

Kyuhyun chewed on his lip pensively, “Well, that was fast.”

“And unusual, Yesung never agrees to date anyone, I wonder what happened yesterday.” Sungmin gave Kyuhyun a meaningful look.

Kyuhyun coughed uncomfortably, “Well...”

“Well, I can always get the details out of Yesung,” Sungmin winked.

“No, wait! Hyung!” Kyuhyun was a little anxious about what Yesung would tell his best friend.

Sungmin smiled, “You'll get a lot further if you start addressing all of your sunbaes respectfully like that. Especially, Yesung.”

Sungmin made his way down towards Yesung just as the first bell rang and Kyuhyun reluctantly made his way back down to the first floor classrooms. He was a little worried, but he was sure Yesung was his destiny and he wasn't about to give up that easily.

- - -

Please log in to read the full chapter