Where did the tomboyish Seohyun went?

We belong together

“ Would you look at that?!” Mrs. Jung exclaimed as she came and hug the beautiful young woman known as seohyun. “ Years have truly been nice to you seohyun, you look so much more prettier that when you were a little girl. Gosh I can’t wait for yonghwa to see you, he will most likely be surprise to know his best friend turned in to such a beautiful woman.”

 

Seohyun could only smile even though she was feeling a little disappointed that yonghwa was not there to welcome her. “ Where is yonghwa, auntie?”

 

Mrs.Jung frowned at the mention of her son. She silently reminded herself to scold that son of hers for not being here on time. Heck she even try to remind him today that seohyun was coming and it will mean a lot to her that yonghwa will be here but obviously he didn’t care. “ Oh... Well you know how yonghwa is. With his promotion coming up, and the busy schedule he must have forgotten of the time” Mrs. Jung said as she hugged seohyun. “ I’m sure he will be here any minute.”

 

“o-oh... It’s ok auntie I know he must be under a lot of pressure with his career.” Seohyun said though her heart was aching for yonghwa’s absence. You should get used it seohyun...after all you are not his ‘special girl’ anymore.

 

Mrs. Jung couldn’t help but to feel sad for the girl she has seen as her daughter. It was pretty obvious that seohyun loved her son since she was just a little girl. Sometimes she wish that her son would stop being such an idiot and see that the girl he needs is right under his nose. “Seohyun do you still love my son?”

 

Not sure how to respond seohyun thought keeping silent was her best defense right now. After all she is not so sure herself what to feel anymore. It has been four years since she left Korea with her heart broken into tiny pieces. Does she still love yonghwa? There were times that she herself will ask the same question as she sat in her room in America. Though she always deny and convince herself that she no longer had feelings for him, she knew that deep down she still loves him.

 

“Seohyun don’t stay quiet and answer my question.”

 

“ I still do but I’m moving on.” Seohyun answer truthfully. “This four years had truly help me to see that I cannot keep on hoping that he will see me as something else other than a sister.”

 

“Aish my son is such a fool to not see that you are the one destined for him.” Mrs. Jung said as she hugged the girl once again.

 

“you only saying that because you don’t like sulli for him.” Seohyun said with a chuckle.

 

“Don’t remind me of that girl. I barely can stand her, I’m not even sure what my son saw in her.”

 

“Sulli is really pretty.” seohyun admitted. “And she has a cute aegyo, pretty eyes and..”
 

“seohyun stop putting yourself down. You much more beautiful than she will ever be, inside and out you are the most beautiful.”

 

“T-thank you” She smiled. If only yonghwa will think the same as you do auntie...

=0=

 

“and we are done.” The director said as the last mv scenes were finish.

 

Yonghwa could only smile as he thanked his director and the crew. “Shoot I’m already late.” He quickly took his bag and texted his mom that he was done with the mv and will be home soon.

 

“Hey yonghwa want to go for some drinks?” Minhyuk asked.

 

“I can’t, my best friend came back from America and I need to go see her.” Yonghwa said in a hurry. “I will see you guys later.”

 

“ his best friend? I thought I was his best friend.” Jonghyun said as he watched yonghwa running towards the exit.

 

“ I think he’s talking about seohyun...Remember he never stop talking about the girl who was like his sister/best friend since they were kids.” Minhyuk said. “I guess she finally came back.”

 

 “I guess its good she came back. It will definitely inspire yonghwa to write more songs.” Jonghyun said recalling that yonghwa wrote ‘I’m a loner’ just about the time that seohyun left to America.

 

=0=

 

-Flashback before seohyun left to America-

 

“Yonghwa please let me go.” Seohyun said as she tried to move yonghwa’s hand from her waist but yonghwa did not budge. She was trying hard not to cry but was failing miserably as her own tears were already in her cheeks. “ I’m going to miss my plane if you do not let me go.”

 

“Then missed it!” Yonghwa hissed as he hide his face in her shoulders. Slowly letting his own tears fall. “ Why do you have to go to America huh?! There are plenty of good universities here in Korea. Why can you not just study here?”

 

“I know but my parents decided to stay permanently in America and I want to be closer to them” Seohyun said.

 

“Your parents are divorced seohyun! They already have their own family...Tell me do you really believe you can fit with any of them when they basically handed you with my mom.” Yonghwa said harshly. He still cannot believe he is about to lose her...The one girl that promised that she will always be with him is leaving him. Heck he hasn’t seen much of her ever since he make her cry that day at the prom.

 

Seohyun could only glared at him as she pushed him away harder. “ That is not true! My parents love me!” She was about to turn around but yonghwa grabbed her again.

 

“baby please forgive me...I-I’m just mad because you are leaving me.” Yonghwa said truthfully as he cupped her cheek with his hands. “I need you seohyun please do not leave me.” He pleaded again.

 

He caress her cheeks gently. Seohyun could feel her own tears fall harder. He called her baby again though she already told him she doesn’t want to specially now that he has a girlfriend. “I-I cant. Please understand me though I know I may not fit in their family but I should try at least...besides you already have sulli” She said forcing a smile. “ you don’t need me in your life.”

 

“Are you still mad at me huh?” Yonghwa said sadly. “ Seohyun even if I have sulli in my life, you are still important to me. Having a girlfriend doesn’t mean that anything will change between you and me. I...I love you like a sister seohyun and sulli understands our relationship.”

 

“ Please stop making it harder for me...I’m not mad at you, I can never be mad at you. If I could I would not leave you but I have to do it. Please understand me.” Seohyun pleaded.

 

Yonghwa finally let go of seohyun. “ promise me that you will come back and that you will always keep contact with me.”

 

Seohyun could only smile. “ I will try my best.”

 

“ You better.” Yonghwa said as he turn around to leave knowing that if he stays longer he will not let her go.

 

=0=

 

Just as seohyun boarded the plane she finally let her tears falls. “ I love you yonghwa. Can you not see that it hurts to be away from you but it hurts more to see you with her. To see you kiss her, and sing in to her ears not caring that my own heart is being torn apart.” Seohyun whisper. “sorry for leaving you but if I stay I know that I will die of so much heartache. I will not be able to endure seeing you with her...I know you do not feel the same for me but I promise you that I will come back when I finally move on or at least be able to bare with the pain.”

 

-End of flashback-

 

Seohyun stood in the kitchen of Mrs. Jung home silently humming to herself as she was busy preparing so ‘Ma’ shake for her and Mrs. Jung who was currently taking a shower upstairs. 

 

Yonghwa quietly made his way to the house hoping he would be able to surprise seohyun. As he made his way to the kitchen he notice she was very focus on cutting a apple that she not notice him behind her. He stood behind seohyun and folded her into his embrace. Seohyun slightly jumped in surprise but when she realized it was yonghwa she quickly relaxed against him.

 

“Welcome back baby.” Yonghwa whisper as he gave a light kiss in her shoulders.

 

Seohyun blushed but try to compose quickly. “ hmmmm...I already told you not to call me that.”

 

He could only chuckle. “I don’t care. You are my baby like it or not.” Yonghwa lose his hold on her and turn her around to see her face. He could feel his heart beating faster as he finally took a good look at her. She was beautiful, even more than he could remember. As he frown slightly as he notice her short dress. “ YAH! That dress is way too short. Why are you wearing that?!”

 

Seohyun inspected her dress but she really could not see anything wrong with it. She has to agree that it’s a bit too short for her taste but it was a present from her hyunjoon oppa. He bought this dress and made her promise that she will wear it in her first meeting with yonghwa. He said it will give her confidence in her looks and so far he was right. “ Don’t you like it?”

 

“Of course I do but guys most have been staring you” Yonghwa said. Just thinking of the amount of guys that will have been drooling at seohyun make him mad for some reason. Though he knows it must be due to the fact that he always consider seohyun as his little sister so he can be overly protective of her.

 

Seohyun could only smile at his childish ways. “Then you should have been there so nobody stares at me.”

 

Yonghwa only folded his arms and pouted. “ I couldn’t go. I was filming an MV for my upcoming album...besides I’m still mad at you. You refused to video chat with me and stop answering my phone calls.”

 

“Sorry, I was so caught up with my studies.” Seohyun said.

 

“Its ok but don’t do it again.” Yonghwa said.

 

“Don’t do what?”

 

“Don’t leave me again. I don’t think I can take it if you leave me again seohyun.” Yonghwa said seriously.

 

Her heart started racing faster as she look in to his eyes. He was so closed to her face that if she move closer seohyun would be able to kiss him.  She was so tempted to do move closer but guess yonghwa could read her thoughts because he was the one closing their distance. Seohyun was starting to close her eyes in anticipation but yonghwa pulled back just as he felt his phone ringing.