Unselfishly Greedy

Baby, Don't Cry

Baek Hyun pants heavily, gasping breathlessly, as he lays his head down on the hard floor of the practice room, shutting his eyes. 
"Hyung," D.O. shouts, coming up to him, wiping his sweat with a tissue. "Get up, you lazy bum." 
"Yah!" Baek Hyun pouts. "Don't judge me. I'm tired." 
"Whatever," D.O. laughs. "Hey, I was just going to go the recording studio to practice, do want to join me?" 
"Didn't you hear me? I'm tired," Baek Hyun says, only half jokingly, before sighing "Arraso. Let's go." Baek Hyun takes D.O.'s hands and leads him to the recording booth. Baek Hyun enters the room, puts on a pair head phones, and takes a sheet of lyrics with him. D.O. grabs a set headphones too and follows Baek Hyun into the booth. Baek Hyun closes his eyes to relax and calm himself then begins singing the chorus of Baby Don't Cry. When he finishes, Baek Hyun plays back his recording. 
Just then, he notices D.O. hasn't sung, let alone record, at all yet. 
"Pabo," Baek Hyun chuckles. "Why haven't you recorded at all? Wasn't it your idea to come here in the first place?" 
D.O. sighs and nods. "I guess I'm just not feeling it anymore..." 
"Aww, what's wrong?" Baek Hyun asks with concern in his voice. 
"It's Chanyeol. He's too strict." D.O. simply states. 
"Mianhae," Baek Hyun mutters, wrapping his arms around D.O. to comfort him. 
Just then the door of the recording studio slams open as a tall figure walks in. The person takes Baek Hyun by the collar, restaining himself from throwing a punch at Baek Hyun's beautiful, yet terrified, face. 
"Ch-Chanyeol h-h-hyung!" D.O. cries. "Don't be angry at Baek Hyun, he didn't do anything wrong!" 
"Of course you'd want to defend your precious Baek Hyun," Chanyeol spits bitterly. "You two were just about to kiss before I walked in. Weren't you?" 
"What's wrong with you?" Baek Hyun asks with annoyance, tearing away from Chanyeol's death grip. "Can't you see your frightening another band member with you unreasonable anger?" 
Chanyeol sighs and closes his eyes softly. "D.O., go away," he murmurs. 
"No," D.O. refuses. "I'm not leaving you alone with Baek Hyun, I don't want you to hurt him." 
"Yah! I'm your hyung and I told you do something," Chanyeol whines, taking the last resort to try to shoo away the reluctant D.O. 
D.O. looks at Baek Hyun with unsure eyes, but Baek Hyun gives him a nod, signalling to him that it would be fine if he left. 
"Arraso, I'll leave. But if I hear any yelling or screaming I'm running back in here without a moment's hesitation. You got that?" D.O. says determinedly. "Hyung…" he adds in a mumble after Chanyeol gives him an irritated glare. 
D.O. quietly closes the door behind him as he exits the room, leaving the two awkward boys alone. 
"Baek Hyun h-hyung," Chanyeol says, nervously playing strings of his hoodie. The word 'hyung' uncomfortably rolls off his tongue because he never addressed Baek Hyun like that before. 
"Mhmm?" Baek Hyun says, failing at hiding his shock at Chanyeol's unexpected formalities. 
"Why don't you like me?" Chanyeol blurts out, blushing immensely after he realizes what he just said. 
"What do you mean?" Baek Hyun asks, pretending to be confused. He knew that he and Chanyeol didn't have the best relationship out of all the 12 members, despite the fact that they were roommates. The atmosphere was always uncomfortable whenever they were near one another, which is why they never uttered a word or hung out with each other unless absolutely, positively necessary. 
"You like D.O., don't you?" Chanyeol mutters, looking away. 
"Bwo?!" Baek Hyun shouts, this time genuinely clueless as to what Chanyeol was talking about. 
"You always prefer to be with him than being with anybody else. Than being with me." Suddenly, a clear tear falls from Chanyeol's eyelid down to his cheek, onto his lips, making them shine. Baek Hyun couldn't help but feel like he was the cause for Chanyeol's unhappiness, he wanted to kiss away every tear that Chanyeol produced. 
"I don't like D.O.," Baek Hyun says back, feeling as confused as ever. 
"Then why are you always with him? You practice with him, you go shopping with him…you put your arms around him," Chanyeol finishes in a meer whisper. 
Baek Hyun lets out a long, relieved laugh. At first, he thought Chanyeol was going to make some sort of silly love confession to him, but then he realized Chanyeol was just jealous that he was more comfortable with other members than with him. 
"Yah, Chanyeol," Baek Hyun giggles. "Stop being sensitive, you pabo~" 
Chanyeol just pouts, having enough of the older boy's foolishness. "Hyung…Y-you're really pretty!" 
"Huh?" 
"You're gorgeous. Beautiful. Perfect. I've never been open with you because I was afraid my real feelings for you would show. I was afraid you'd laugh in my face and would reject me. But I'd rather be hurt by your rejection than be hurt by you not knowing my feelings for you. I don't care about the pain you've caused me in the past. You don't know how many times I've cried over you. It killed me when I had to act harsh to you, just so you wouldn't find out I like you. But that just ended up with you ignoring me, more than you usually did. All those sleeplesss nights I thought about you holding me in your arms, when in reality we never even looked at each other. Hyung, I want you to know, I l-like you." 
Baek Hyun just stares Chanyeol, stunned at his sudden confession. 
"Baek Hyun," Chanyeol finally mutters after moments of silence. "You-you like me too, right? That's why you've been cold towards me?" 
Baek Hyun opens his mouth, unsure of how to respond, just to close his mouth again. He honestly had no idea what to say to this tall, cute, yet intimidating, boy. It never really crossed his mind that the deathly gorgeous boy's reason for being so rude to him was because he liked him. Baek Hyun wondered, in fact, why Chanyeol, a pretty, bubbly, wickedly talented rapper would like someone as simple and plain and bland as him. 
When they first met, he had to admit he was intrigued by Chanyeol and he started to like him a lot, but he was just too shy to actually get to know him better, like the other members. He tried to mask his secret crush on Chanyeol by ignoring him. He thought if he could just be separated from him, his feelings would go away. He never realized that by being distant towards Chanyeol, he was actually not only hurting himself, but he was also hurting Chanyeol, who wished for his hyung's attention. 
Seeing Chanyeol looking so desperate all because of his stupidity, made Baek Hyun want to cuddle up with the boy and kiss his forehead, begging for him to not be angry with him even though he knew he deserved all of Chanyeol's piercing, cruel anger. But Chanyeol is too sweet to be mad at the one person he loves, Baek Hyun is just such an oblivious person, he can't see why Chanyeol wouldn't be disappointed in him. All he knew was that Chanyeol deserved someone better than him, someone that would never make him sad and would make him giggle whenever he was on the verge of tears. 
"Chanyeol," Baek Hyun finally says. 
Chanyeol looks up at him with hopeful eyes. "Ne, hyung?" 
"Stop liking me, ok?" Baek Hyun says. 
"Bwo?" Chanyeol asks in total surprise. 
"You and me. We're completely different. Wake up from your ridiculous dream and open your eyes. I don't like you," Baek Hyun explains ruthlessly. 
"Hyung," Chanyeol murmurs, his eyes glistening from previous tears. 
Baek Hyun felt as if a sharp knife stabbed him a thousand times in the stomach. He felt like a horrible person for making Chanyeol go through so much pain because of him, but he knew doing this was for the best. He would only be selfish to admit that he liked Chanyeol back. Chanyeol had gone through so much suffering because of him, while he just calmly tried get over his little crush without a big deal. He figured that Chanyeol would probably get over him quicker if he mercilessly broke his heart, instead him confessing he liked Chanyeol back, but later doing or saying something wrong, ending in their break up. 
"Please forget me quickly," Baek Hyun says, walking out of the studio, abandoning Chanyeol. 

"Hey, so did Chanyeol tell you?" D.O. asks, creeping up on Baek Hyun. 
"Huh? What? T-tell me what?!" Baek Hyun replies nervously. 
"Uh...why he's mad," D.O. says, giving Baek Hyun a weird look, "are you, ok, hyung?" 
"Oh, yeah," Baek Hyun breathes, "I'm fine. I'm just...tired. I'm going back to the dorm. See ya~" 
Baek Hyun walks back to his room, praying Chanyeol isn't in there too. 
But his heart is crushed when he hears silent sniffles coming from the room. 
Should I go in, or not? Baek Hyun thinks to himself, finally deciding to be strong and go into the room. 
But he's totally taken off guard when he finds Kai with his body pressed against Chanyeols's and his arms around the older boy's body, whispering sweet, reassuring words into his ear. 

"YAH!" Baek Hyun shouts, peeling the two boys apart. "KAI, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"  

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for all those beautiful suscribers that suscribed<3 *squeals* Lol, seriously I'm surprised I actually got suscribers ._. Erm, well...hehe I was kind of thinking about making this into an actual chaptered story instead of my orginal plan of a two-shot...But it depends. If you guys just want it as a two-shot, that's what I'll do! But if people actually like my writing (ohemgee!) then perhaps I could make it into a chaptered story...I don't know. You guys suscribed for a two-shot, I just don't want to turn the tables on you guys and make it a chaptered story, I'd feel too guilty! Haha, anyways enough of my nonsense babbling. I really, really, really hope you guys enjoyed the first part! Comment and/or take the poll if you want the story to be turned into a longer one, or if you just want me to keep it my original plan of a two-shot! Thanks~!