Angel pt 2

Without You

 

 

She stepped inside the apartment with a little hesitation. Today might be her last time meeting with her friends before she going back to South Korea. Part of her don't want to let her friend know about her sudden transfer back to their country, but she know she doesn't have much choice to tell the duo about the news.

Afterall, it was her mistake. She still thankful that Ms Kim didn't fire her, otherwise she really gonna be a jobless bum again. Losing the employment from such big company of course will be her lost if she ever decline those last chance that was given to her. 

 

"Eunbi yang~~~ we miss you~~ wait. What's wrong with your face?" Yerin welcome her best friend with her biggest open arm that she can give. 

 

"It's nothing. I miss you guys too" Reply Eunbi, trying to hide her obvious worry face.

 

How she gonna tell her friend about it. She definitely have no idea

 

"Come and take a sit. Today is our lucky day because Eunha decide to cook for us. Let's play some game while we wait for her" Yerin pull her hand towards the sofa on the living room. Yerin and Eunha been living together since they first come to the country. It's their way to cut the living cost that always skyrocketed every year. To be honest, Eunbi also want to live with them but she know she can't because, she actually prefer to live alone and spent time alone especially at night. Eunbi aware if she ever live with those two, her night time will never be peaceful. So, she willing to pay more to live alone rather than staying with her loud best friend. 

 

"Eunha yah" 

 

"Yes Eunbi? I'm busy here. Whatever you want, just ask Yerin" Eunha shout from the dining room ehile continuing whatever she do inside there, didn't even bother to peek outside to look for Eunbi. 

 

"Let me borrow your pyjamas" 

 

"Okay!"

 

"Eunha yah!!!" 

 

"Gosh, shut up Yerin!! What do you want?!" 

 

Yerin loud laugh can be heard across the living room. She is just messing around with her short bestfriend knowing the girl doesn't like get disturbed even a little when she's doing something. Eunbi just laugh before leaving them bickering in the kitchen. She make her own way to Eunha's bedroom as if it is her home, rummaging her friend clean laundry. Well, to be honest Yerin and Eunha apartment is her apartment too and vice versa. When it comes to three of them, they know nothing about anything that called boundaries. 

 

Again, her heart feel so heavy when she heard the laughter of her friends echoing inside the room as her eyes landed on the little frame hanging nicely on the wall showing her, Eunha and Yerin face smilling together. Without the duo, her life will not be the same as now. The duo basically her lifeline, they always support her, giving her unconditional love that she know she will never get from anyone. 

 

As someone who growing up as an orphan and poor, she always get discriminate by the other. No one wanna be friend with her, always getting curse by other student when she still in school. For the other students, she's a bad luck that shouldn't exist in their school. Because of that, Eunbi always come to school with her hanging down for the whole year as junior. 

 

But after the duo transferred to her school, she never felt lonely again. They always make her feel better, always standing beside her whenever she need a shoulder to lean on. No words can be enough for Eunbi to say thank to her friend. They are her lifesaver, they are one of her happiness and, even if Eunbi ever face any situation that involve her life and death to save the duo, she will never hesitate to choose her friends life over her. 

 

 

........ 

 

"Is this another episode where 'tell your friend that you're lying without telling your friend that you're lying' thing again? Because I'm not doing this anymore" 

 

"Eunha" 

 

"How come you decide to do that by yourselves!" Eunha definitely don't like the idea. 

 

No one touching the food anymore. Everyone suddenly losing their appetite to eat whatever infront of them. Especially Eunha, someone that  never stop eating if the all the food infront of her haven't finish. 

 

"How could you never discuss this with us first Eunbi?!" 

 

"And your flight is what?! TOMORROW?! How can you do this to me! TO US!" 

 

Eunbi couldn't say any words. She look up slowly and made the eye contact with Yerin to get some help from the blonde but, Yerin eyes also seems disappointed with her decision. 

 

"Why you always decide to do things by yourself Eunbi? What am I? Yerinnie,? Are both of us just a stone to you? Did you even consider us as your best friend Eunbi?" 

 

"No-no, both of you meant everything to me, i was just-it was sudden decision. It was my fault. I'm sorry" 

 

"Just how big is your mistake for your boss decide to transfer you to South?" Yerin finally voice out as her hand caressing Eunha's trembling back trying to calm her anger down. 

 

"I-i messed up. Sh-she was at her final straw" 

 

"And this is my last straw too Eunbi. I don't care about you anymore. You are not my friend! Have a safe flight to South!" 

 

Eunha say as her hand yanked Yerin's arm before standing leaving the girls behind dumbfounded. Eunbi want to chase after the girl but getting stop by Yerin's voice. 

 

"You know if you run to her now, you will get nothing but a smack right?" 

 

"I-i'm sorry" Eunbi start sobbing.

 

"She didn't mean that, just let her take her time alone for awhile" 

 

Eunbi know that Eunha didn't mean that, their friendship isn't that fragile but part of her felt bad for only letting them know at very last minute. If she's in her friends position of course she will get mad too. 

 

"I'm sorry, i really have no choice" Eunbi say again. 

 

"I know, but how about you? Are you okay? Are you really sure wanna go back there?" Yerin ask softly. 

 

"I really have no choice" 

 

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, i always pray the best for you Eunbi. You know that right?" 

 

"Y-yeah" 

 

"South isn't that small. So the chance for you to bump into her probably.... Uhm no ?" 

 

"I hope....... so"

Say Eunbi slowly. If they ever in the other situation where their surrounding a bit loud, Yerin can never hear what Eunbi reply to her.

 

Yerin's eyes queitly dart at her silent friend in front of her. Listening to the younger reply just now, enough to let Yerin know that deep inside Eunbi's heart is the opposite. She know Eunbi well but she just let it be because both of them know that Eunbi never be ready to talk about that and Yerin respect that decision. 

 

''Just promise me that you gonna be alright. Promise me that you will not break down again just like how you broke down years ago. If you ever felt that kind of feeling again, please i beg you to contact us right away. Please do not shut us out again. I beg you'' Yerin say again, while looking at Eunbi who obviously start spacing out with a drop of tears fall from her eyes. 

 

''Eunbi, please just don't ever hurt yourself again'

 

''I've promise to both of you long time ago,Yerin.  Hurting myself same as hurting both of you, I will never do that kind of thing again. I live my life for you guys, remember'' Hearing that answer makes Yerin smile before give Eunbi her sincere hug. 

 

''I'm glad you say that. But don't live your life for us Eunbi yah, live your life for yourself. Okay?'' Say Yerin again before planted a kiss on her best friend cheek. Eunbi on the other hand just smile in tears because of the contact. 

 

Yerin always have her own way to make people around her feel better. Aside from her beautiful smile, the older always love to show her care and affection by physical touch makes other people sometimes flutter inside and that people including  Hwang Eunbi. Eunbi swear if her heart doesn't have someone residing inside, she's pretty sure she already fall for Yerin over and over again. It's still mysterious to Eunbi about how Eunha and Yerin didn't fall for each other before, when both of them basically together for their whole life. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...........

 

Eunbi excitedly running accross the hallway to meet Yewon. With her hand clutching onto the paper that contain her diploma result. She couldn't hide her happiness when the first time she look at the paper, with that result, she surely gonna get into any university that she want. 

 

"Watch where you going loser!" 

 

She just ignore the voices that she don't where it come from, the only thing that she know is she want to be beside Yewon as fast as she can. 

 

Eunbi panting heavily after she reach Yewon's classroom. There's no one else inside the room except her girlfriend who seems lost in her thought. She step towards Yewon carefully not wanting to surprise the girl. 

 

"Yewon ah, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Eunbi ask reaching for Yewon's hand. 

 

"B? What are you doing here?" 

 

She look into Yewon's eyes only to found out that the girl in front of her been crying for a while. 

 

"I-i was looking for you, they said you're alone here. What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

Eunbi scare. Even though she still don't know the reason, but seeing Yewon's tears make her heart crack inside. 

 

"How's your result? Can i see it?" Yewon ask, ignoring Eunbi's question. 

 

Eunbi just let her girlfriend take the paper and take a sit besideYewon. Her eyes still didn't left looking for Yewon face even for a second. She's having a mixed feeling inside, when Yewon didn't even look straightly into her eyes. 

 

"Yewon ah, did i do something wrong?" Eunbi carefully ask. 

 

"Huh? No. I was just-hey you result is amazing! Congratulations!" Yewon answer with a smile plaster on her face. 

 

"How about you? Can i see it?" Eunbi ask again, but then she saw the smile that she's been looking for suddenly dissappear. Without any words, Yewon hug Eunbi tightly. 

 

"B yah, i know you've been curious but i don't want to show it to you. You know, actually i fail. My result is disappointing. I don't want you to see it" 

 

Eunbi went silent after heard her girlfriend answer. She know none of her words can comfort the girl infront of her, so she just holding the latter hand tightly while her other hand rubbing Yewon's back softly. 

 

"I'm sorry, Yewon" 

 

She know how hard the girl studied. She was there every single night accompany Yewon to review all the things that they learnt in the classroom meanwhile Eunbi doesn't even trying to study hard. Remembering that now, make Eunbi felt so bad, make her beat herself inside.

 

She was a distraction. 

 

"Don't blame yourself Eunbi. It's not your fault. I'm just sad that after this we might not be able to go to college together. I want you to know that i am really happy for you and proud of you. And-actually I'm getting late, my parents are waiting for me-I gotta go"

 

"Yewon-ah" 

 

"I love you, B. Let's meet this sunday okay?" 

 

Just like that, Eunbi left alone inside the room. She don't want to assume anything but she pretty sure that Yewon is upset with something or worse, upset with her. 

 

​​

​​​​​

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

New update :) hope yall enjoy.