Angel

Without You

She going back to her apartment with heavy heart. Eunbi actually doesn't do much for that day but she didn't know why would she felt so exhausted and tired. Feels like the whole building apartment weighing down on her shoulder.  Without even taking a shower or wash her face, Eunbi slammed her body on the bed with her eyes closed. She's too tired to do anything, her mind is too messy to think about everything. Fixing herself for a few moment, before drifting to a neverland. 

 

 

 

"Eunbi. What do you think about this shirt? Is it look good on me?" 

 

"Babe to be honest, even if you wear rag on your body, you still look good" 

 

"I'm serious!"

 

Seeing the girl infront of her pouting cutely, Eunbi couldn't stop herself to steal a kiss on her girlfriend cheek. She then intertwined their hands together as her eyes admiring the beauty in front of her. 

 

"I'm serious too. You are still look beautiful without even trying. My Yewonnie is perfect in my eyes and that's all matter"

 

"S-stop it. You are being creepy right now!" 

 

But Eunbi didn't stop. Instead, she pull Yewon towards her, reducing the unnecessary distance between them. She can feel a sudden feeling inside her, Eunbi look down hiding her face that started getting watery. 

 

Knowing her girlfriend well, Yewon fix her position sitting on Eunbi's lap cupping the latter face, facing towards her and when their eyes meet each other, Yewon can see the tears that the girl want to hide. 

 

"What's wrong, Eunbi?" Yewon ask, planting a kiss on Eunbi's eyebrow. 

 

Eunbi hug Yewon tightly, doesn't want to let go even for a moment

 

"Nothing. It's just you are so beautiful that makes me cry. You look li-like-" 

 

"Like an Angel?" Yewon continue. Teasing her girlfriend but it didn't make Eunbi tears stop, Yewon start worry when the girl start sobbing hardly

 

"Yeah-yeah, like an Angel. But i- i don't like it. As much as i want to deny it, you still look an Angel to me, and it's scare me" 

 

"Hey, what is wrong B? Please don't be like this

 

Despite Yewon who keep telling her to stop crying and wiping her tears, Eunbi still can't stop her tears. Yewon who know that she can't do anything at the moment, just let Eunbi letting her tears out, giving the girl time to calm down. Slowy patting the Eunbi's back assuring the girl that it will always be okay. 

 

"I-i don't want you to be like Angel. You know-Angel are bound to dissappear anytime. An-and I don't want you to be like that. Yewon-ah, I don't want to lose you" 

 

"Eunbi. I am not an Angel. You know that very well. I will never be. Stop that unnecessary thought. I'm not going anywhere Eunbi. Please stop these tears. You making me wanna cry too" 

 

"Promise me that you not gonna leave me" 

"I'm right here B. I promise i will never leave you"

 

 

 

 

 

Eunbi sigh. 

She wake up slowly and then take a look on her pillow. 

 

Wet. 

 

Eunbi wipe her remaining tears as she smile to herself. She's feeling grateful because the person that she's been longing so much, come into her dream again. 

 

But then she suddenly lose her smile after realising that what just come into her dream isn't a dream at all. That was reality. 

 

It has happened before. A long time ago. 

 

'You are getting crazy Hwang Eunbi. Why you suddenly can't differentiate between dream and reality' 

 

Her eyes darted at the drawer on her left side as her hand unconsciously pulling the second drawer slowly. 

 

The only drawer that she never open since the first time she move into that apartment. Finally at that night, she open the drawer that contain her whole world inside it. The drawer that contain her happiest moment in her life. 

 

Her hand reach for the ring that still nicely attached inside the ring box. Her thumb caressing it carefully with her eyes start tearing up again. 

 

 

Take me to your soul - KYHE

 

 

Words that engraved on the ring with a little diamond planted inside enough make Eunbi's tears fall slowly on her face. 

 

"How are you? Have you been well?" 

Eunbi say to the ring, as if the thing can hear and understand her. 

 

"I hope your days are filled with happiness. You deserve anything in this world. I pray that wherever you are, you always blessed with good people around you. I wish for your happiness in your entire life."

"Because i remember it was your only wish that you told me last time. And i hope that you already found it."

"Even when i was beside you, you still wish to find that happiness. Th-That's when i realise.. That i was nev-never be your happiness. I was never in your list of happiness " 

"I-i am sorry i had failed you. I should see that your happiness doesn't have me inside it."

"I hope that, in this very moment i h-hope that you already found someone that makes you believe in happy ending..." 

"Even though it-it wasn't me who gave you a happy ending"

 

Eunbi grip become tightly on the ring box. She couldn't breath properly because of her tears already falling non stop. She feel so bad towards her past love because she know she couldn't give what the girl want. She really hate herself for that. 

 

"I'm sorry, even though I already say those words, my heart inside hoping that it should be me instead of someone else. I know. I am sorry. I'm thr worse l- i was just-" 

 

"I'm sorry Yewon. I was just - please just allow me missing you and our memories once again for tonight" 

 

So there she is.

 

Crying nonstop. Bawling silently. Scare to be heard even though she know that no one inside her lonely apartment except herself.

 

'Dear god, please help me end this feeling. Please help me end this feeling towards her if we really have no hope left' 

 

Eunbi praying inside. She couldn't say those words out loud, because in fact she still hoping to the universe that Yewon and her still have a chance to be together. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12 years ago.. 

Gangwon High School Girl

 

Eunbi look at the girl infront of her, busy stuffing the chocolate cookies into . That was the only thing that she can buy for her friend. It wasn't expensive chocolate or not even special but she glad that the person in front of her enjoy every bite of it. She couldn't believe that her friend gonna sulking for the whole week because of her.

 

Last week, Eunbi treated her whole sport club their famous canteen burger because they won the championship game. Their canteen burger was the famous special menu that only sell 50 pieces per week. So she decide to book the whole 50 pieces just for her sport club.  But the thing that she didn't expect, her friend gonna mad at her over a hamburger. 

 

"Taste good?"  Eunbi ask. 

 

"Yeah, but the hamburger taste better" Replied the girl shortly.

 

"Yah! Okay i promise i will buy it for you next week. Just stop sulking" 

 

"Hehh as if you can get it next week"

 

Eunbi couldn't say anything after that. She felt sorry towards the girl, yet she still didn't understand how can a hamburger can be the topic of their argument. 

 

"Thank you for this chocolate Eunbi. I was just messing around with you, stop making that face. It doesn't suit you" 

 

Eunbi take a look the girl in front of her who already laughing. 

 

"If you're just messing around, how come you make life feels like hell this week? Don't do that again Yewon~" 

 

Yewon laugh again but the she reach Eunbi's hand and planted a kiss on the girl cheek after seeing Eunbi pouting. 

 

Eunbi on the other hand, froze after the contact. 

 

​​​​​" Don't make that face. It doesn't suit you" Yewon say as she pulling away from their position. She also startled by her own action just now but managed to hold herself together. 

 

Eunbi's heart beat still racing even after Yewon pull away. She always obvious with her feeling towards the girl, but she never try to talk about it.

 

It's been a year since they first met.You can call it as 'love at first sight' 

 

Eunbi always wanted to tell Yewon about how she feel, but she just scare. She scare that if she ever let Yewon know, their friendship will crumble into pieces. Obviously, Eunbi doesn't want it to happen. 

 

 

"Yah!" 

"H-huh ?" 

"You silly, are you even listening to me?!" 

"Sorry i was spacing out. Wh-what did you say?" 

"Nevermind" 

 

 

Silence. 

 

 

"Yewon ah" 

Eunbi voice out, breaking the silence between them. She wanna let the girl know. 

 

 

'Should I?' 

 

 

She really wanna let Yewon know. 

 

 

'I should. It's now or never' 

 

 

"Yewon ah" 

"I heard you for the second time Eunbi. What is it?" 

"Yewon I-you-you know- I actually"

 

Yewon look at Eunbi who keep fidgeting her finger curiously. She want to ask about why would her friend seems nervous but she just let silent, didn't want to interrupt whatever her friend wanna say. 

 

"I like you"

 

"You know, its been a year since we met and never in a single day that i didn't think about you. I know i shouldn't have this feeling towards you, but I like you Yewon. I really like you"

 

"Eunbi." 

 

"I'm sorry if my confession makes you uncomfortable. I know that i-i like you, but you don't have to worry. I- i will try to let this feeling go if you don't like me. But Yewon, please just don't stop being friend with me"

 

Silence engulfing once again between them. No one said anything, Eunbi hand still trembling from her confession meanwhile Yewon, still silent. Couldn't say any words after heard the shocking statement. 

 

Eunbi heart sank upon the latter silence. Her friend doesn't feel the same as her, having s thought about that enough make Eunbi's heart crack inside. 

 

Not long after, the bell ring. Letting the students know that it's the time for them to prepare for the second lesson of the day. 

 

"I'm sorry Yewon" 

 

Eunbi stand up, putting her notes and books in her backpack. She's getting ready to leave but Yewon's voice stop her. 

 

"Eunbi" Yewon's voice full of hesitancy. She then stand up, stepping towards her silence friend. 

 

"...."

 

"Let's walk to our class together"

It was just a simple statement but enough to make Eunbi confuse. She felt like the dumbest person in that school. 

 

Yewon look at her friend again with her smile planted on her face. Probably know that her friend is totally confuse with her random words. Few second after that, Yewon whisper to Eunbi before locking their hands together. 

 

 

"I like you too Hwang Eunbi"

​​​​​

​​​​​

​​

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next chapter gonna have a lot of flashback. 

Tqsm for still reading