The choice I made..

Junho, the Vampire Slayer †

 

Hi everyone!

The 6th chapter is here :)

 

After the Chapter 5 someone asked why Wooyoung cried. Well.. imagine the situation when: You heard that someone was murdered – You saw the dead girl – You saw the murder – The murder tried to kill you – You luckily escaped – You found out that he is a vampire – He is still somewhere in the town and probably wants to kill you.. Wouldn’t it be too much to hold inside you? I think in this situation I would be hysterical ;))

 

I am trying to show that our boys are like anyone else.. they can be scared as anyone else.. Do you really think that at the moment you found out that you are supposed to kill vampires you would happily risk your life? ;)

 

I have really hard time deciding how the characters should react.. I’m trying my best so I hope you can enjoy this story now and as well in the future ^^“

 

________________________________________________________________________________

 

He was leaning on the wall of an old abandoned charnel house which was now his temporary home. His arm was like in the fire. He was sure that this pain caused the bolt which had to be soaked in holy water. He hissed and closed his eyes.

 

‘Was it a good idea to move to this town? There are at least two hunters. One of them is probably a beginner though. Should I play with him a little before I’ll kill him? It might be fun..’

 

*

 

Junho opened his eyes and realized that it’s dawning. He sat up and looked round the living room.

 

“Uncle?!” He shouted. No response.

 

Uncle Jae Sun was probably still somewhere with one of his girlfriends.

 

Junho went slowly to the bathroom. He washed his face and was staring in the mirror for a while.

 

H U N T E R

 

How could he be a hunter? Sixteen years old boy who never used a weapon to hurt someone.

 

‘What is he expecting? That I will fight with vampires? That I will be killing them? Me? Ridiculous..’He was clenching a washbasin and breathing heavily.

 

H U N T E R

 

Actually it sounded pretty good. He had the opportunity to prove that he is worthy of something. To be a cool person without fear of doing right things.

 

‘There must be more than one vampire in the town. What if they attack again? Wouldn’t it be better to be prepared?’

 

He went to the kitchen and made a breakfast.

 

‘What should I do?’He was eating the rice and looking blankly at the wall.

 

‘And what about Wooyoung? Why can’t he be the hunter too? Oh ! Wooyoung.. I left him alone yesterday.. I didn’t say anything to him and just left.. Aiiish!’ Junho frowned. ‘Hope he’s not mad at me..’

 

He grabbed his phone and wrote an sms: “Woo, are you alright?”

 

He didn’t realize it’s just 6am. But the answer came immediately: “Come at 8 to our shelter..”

 

‘Our shelter? What does he mean? Maybe thatplace.... but we haven’t been there for a very long time..’

 

*

 

Wooyoung was standing in the forest in front of the huge tree. He was skeptically looking onto an old treehouse. He and Junho used to hide here when they were kids. Nobody knew about this place. Just the two of them.

 

He was biting his bottom lip nervously until it was totally reddish and wondering.. To stay on the ground and wait for Junho or climb upwards? Even though it was sunny morning he wasn’t feeling safe alone in the forest so he decided to wait in the treehouse.

 

He began climbing up the old ladder but when he was finally up he almost fell down from shock. Someone was lying here. A boy.

 

On his hands and legs were scratches. He has closed eyes and was lying motionless.

 

Wooyoung was staring at him with fear. ‘Is he dead?’

He carefully touched his hand. It was ice cold. He was looking at the boy for a minute and realized that he didn’t breathe. He gulped and laid his head on the boy’s chest. At that moment body under him moved.

 

Wooyoung screamed and stood up. The boy slowly opened his eyes and looked confusedly at Wooyoung and then slowly closed his eyes. Woo was standing there quietly for a while.

 

“Um... e-excuse me..?” He said silently. “Are you alright?” he sat down.

 

Boy slowly opened his eyes again but didn’t say anything. He was looking blankly at the ceiling.

 

“I’m Wooyoung.. and what’s your name?” Wooyoung tried to start a conversation.

 

“Nichkhun..” Boy whispered.

 

Wooyoung was surprised that the boy answered him.

 

“Nichkhun.. ok.. what happened to you? Are you injured?” Wooyoung asked anxiously.

 

“I’m thirsty..” The boy said.

 

“Ok.. I will bring you some water-“ Wooyoung was about to leave when the boy grabbed his wrist and sat up.

 

“You don’t have to go anywhere..” He whispered. His hand was still ice cold. Wooyoung was looking at his pale face and noticed that his eyes are red. He began trembling.

 

‘No.. this can’t be true. It’s day.. it’s sunny morning. Even though it’s dark in this forest it’s impossible for vampires to be on the daylight.. or not?’

 

Nichkhun was hypnotizing Wooyoung’s lips and Woo realized that he was probably biting them till bleeding.

 

‘I’m so stupid!’

 

He tried to get out from the boy’s grasp but he was holding him really tightly.

 

“Stay still..” The boy ordered. “I just..” he was moving closer. “..want to..” And he touched Wooyoung’s lips. He the blood from it, closed his eyes and smiled with pleasure.

 

Wooyoung was sitting there with eyes wide open and wasn’t able to do anything.

 

“Your blood is so sweet..” the boy said. “It was a streak of good luck that you appeared here..” he smiled gently. “You saved me..” And he bit Wooyoung’s neck.

 

Wooyoung screamed and began hitting the boy with his fists but the boy didn’t stop his blood. Woo started to feel dizzy. He stopped punching that boy.

 

Nichkun noticed it and immediately stopped. He looked at now pale Wooyoung. Woo suddenly put his hand to his pocket and put off the stick.

 

Nichkun backed and was looking at him with fear in his face.

 

“Are you a hunter?” He asked shakily.

 

“Woooooooyooooooung!” they both heard someone’s voice from below.

 

“No.. but he is..” Wooyoung answered shakily too.

 

At that moment the boy disappeared.

 

Wooyoung was sitting here with stick in his hand and shaking badly.

 

“I-I’m here..” he shouted. “B-be careful.. somewhere here is a vampire..” he said and his eyes began closing itself. His vision went dark and he collapsed on the floor.

 

*

 

“Woo! Jang Wooyoung!!!” Junho was shouting until his friend opened his eyes.

 

“Oh my god! Are you alright?” Junho was also pale. He was shaking and constantly looking around with fear.

 

“I am.. I think..” Wooyoung whispered. He felt weak and his neck hurt like hell. He realized that Junho bandaged it with some fabric.

 

“We have to get out of here!” Junho said and his heart was beating crazily. “I will help you to climb down..”

 

“I don’t know if I can do it..” Wooyoung looked at him with fears.

 

“You can!” Junho helped him to move to the ladder. “I will be holding one of your hands. I am definitely not going to let you fall. So you just climb down with one hand. I’ll be right above to you. I’m stronger these days.. do you remember? It will be alright..”

 

Wooyoung nodded and began climbing down. They both were shaking and still looking around carefully. At the moment Wooyoung’s leg touched the ground he collapsed on it from exhaustion.

 

Junho looked at him desperately. “Woo.. get on my back.. I’ll carry you..”

 

*

 

“Teacher Pak! Open the door!!!” Junho was hitting the door of the nice small house with his fist.

 

The door finally opened and Park Jin Young appeared.

 

“What happened?” He asked immediately when he saw totally scared Junho with sleeping Wooyoung on his back. He let them go in and locked the door.

 

“Some vampire bit him..” Junho put Wooyoung to the couch and continued very loudly. “Is it even possible? I thought they can’t go on the daylight!”

 

“Who told you that?” Jin Young frowned and took off the piece of Junho’s t-shirt which was covering Wooyoung’s neck. “They can’t stand sun’s rays. They burn their skin and then their whole body.. but only direct sunbeams.. So they can hide in the shadows. But most of them are hidden during the day.”

 

Junho sat down on the arm-chair. It was just too much.

 

Teacher Park started to apply some salve to Wooyoung’s neck. “If you want to kill them, you have to put a stick through their heart.. or chop their head off.. or burn their body.. Only weapons soaked in holy water can really hurt them. If you hurt them with normal weapon their injuries heal really quickly. It’s a lie that they can’t stand garlic.. so.. don’t use it. What works is just holy water.. and fire.”

 

Junho was listening and looking at Wooyoung who was now sleeping peacefully on the couch.

 

‘I have to protect him. To protect my family and people in this town. Well.. I guess from now onwards.. I’m the hunter..”

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

On Friday I had a birthday.. and it was somehow strange.. You know.. two months ago I wrote a chapter where the main character (Junho) had his birthday on Friday.. and his father couldn't come because of work... And now.. It was Friday.. I had a birthday.. and my father couldn't come home that day because of work :D

But we celebrated it on Saturday.. it was a big birthday party for me, my cousin and my uncle (since we had birthday almost at the same time) so it was ok :))

 

But I had that feeling since it was almost how I wrote it I must write another chapter soon :)) so here it was. Hope you liked it ^^
I'm not sure when I will be able to write another chapter because of exams.. but I will try to update soon ;)