I hope your fine

Love is you (only you) [Ningselle]

Giselle was beginning to feel like she was stuck in a loop. Are headaches and soreness actually  going to be a regular thing now? She needs a refund immediately. 

 

Groaning at the bright lights, she found them blinding. Her body ached all over, and she wondered if she was covered in bandages

 

"Where am I?" Giselle murmurs, her voice soft and muddled. She senses a firm reassuring grip on her hand, grounding her in the unfamiliar space. As she struggles to adjust to the glaring lights, she slowly raises herself up, blinking away the haze. Hospital equipment surrounds her, a stark reminder of her current situation.

 

"Why am I here?" She questions aloud, her confusion evident as she tries to piece together the events leading up to her hospitalization

 

She’s so lost.

 

She glances at the last spot which was next to her. Beside her lay Winter, her face showed distress, her eyes puffy from crying and her cheeks flushed. was slightly agape as a small trail of drool slinked down. Her hand clasped on Giselle’s with a firm grip, as if afraid to let go.

 

Giselle gently nudges Winter’s face, feeling the warmth of her skin beneath her touch.

 

“Hey Winter, wake up.” She urges continuing to nudge her for a response.

 

Winter stirs at Giselles nudges, her movements slow and hesitant as if trying to resist waking up. Giselle frowns.

 

Then, in a sudden burst of movement, Winter jerks awake. Her eyes snap wide open, showing urgency and alarm. Without hesitation she sits up abruptly, startling Giselle with the sudden movement.

 

“Giselle!” Winter’s voice is sharp with panic, as she practically throws herself in to Giselle, her arms wrapping tightly around her. Giselle feels the desperation in her embrace, as if she’s afraid to let go. Winters embrace slips, her arms sliding down as her hands grasp the fabric of Giselle’s gown, leaving wet streaks from the tears beginning to fall.

 

“Winter?” Giselle voice is gentle, soothing Winter the best way it could. She reaches out, and with a tender motion, Giselle’s hand rests on Winter’s lower body, moving in a gentle rhythm.

 

Winter’s cries fill the room, echoing with the weight of her tears. Each sob breaks Giselle’s heart even further, a painful reminder of Winter’s helplessness.

 

For once, Giselle is at a loss.

 

 

Winter’s voice trembles with apologies, her words strained by her tears. “Im sorry, Giselle… I’m so sorry,” she stammers between hiccups, her hands never losing its grip. “Im sorry, i wasn’t there for you. I’m so sorry,” She repeats, her face buried in Giselle’s gown, seeking comfort.

 

Giselle, feeling a mixture of pain and sympathy, tries to comfort her friend. She gently lifts her arms, intending to offer a reassuring embrace, but the movement sends waves of soreness through her wounded limbs, causing her to hiss in discomfort. She eases her arms back down, wincing as she feels the ache in her shoulders and arms, now wrapped in bandages.

 

Winter's words tremble with guilt, each one heavy with the weight of her self-blame. "It's all my fault. You got shot twice, and both those times I could've... helped you. You could've avoided it in the first place... if it wasn't for me," she stammers, her breaths uneven and shallow.

 

Giselle's heart aches at Winter's cries, her own pain momentarily pushed aside. Ignoring the throbbing pain in her arms, she lifts them over Winter's head and pulls her close. "Shh, Winter, just breathe. In and out," Giselle murmurs soothingly, wrapping her arms around her friend with a gentle yet firm embrace. She feels Winter's grip on her gown loosen, a small sign that her words are starting to reach her.

 

"It's not your fault, nothing is your fault," Giselle whispers, her voice a gentle reassurance. "Don't blame yourself for something out of your control. You were busy with other things, and none of it was your fault. It was mine, and only mine, okay?" She hushes, her fingers soothingly combing through Winter's hair. Feeling Winter nod against her, Giselle smiles faintly.

 

"I'm sorry," Winter sniffles, lifting herself off Giselle and standing up straight, wiping her sleeve across her tear-streaked face.

 

"Stop apologizing," Giselle interjects, her tone tinged with annoyance.

 

"But.."

 

"No buts, like I said, it isn't your fault, okay?" Giselle reassures Winter, who nods and manages a small smile.

 

"Is it just you?" Giselle asks, concerned.

 

"Oh, definitely not," Winter chuckles mischievously. "We are definitely gonna hear it from the two, or three."

 

"Three?" Giselle's curiosity piques.

 

Winter's devilish smile widens as she nods in confirmation.

 

"No, I don't like that smile.. Winter!" Giselle protests playfully as Winter heads towards the door, apparently intending to call the other two.

 

Winter is nearly knocked over as Yujin and Liz burst into the room. "Wow, okay then," Winter remarks, brushing herself off and exchanging a smile with someone outside.

 

Yujin and Liz follow Winter's lead and throw themselves onto Giselle, nearly causing her further injury. Unlike Winter's tender embrace, they start playfully punching her, calling her "stupid" and "idiotic." Giselle winces in pain but laughs out a sorry.

 

"Stop! I'm literally an injured citizen," Giselle protests, rubbing her arms.

 

“That’s what your stupid gets! Do you know how ing horrible we felt? seeing you being hauled into the back of an ambulance!?” Liz yells, her voice trembling with emotion as she delivers a final weak punch to Giselle, tears threatening to fall.

 

Giselle looks down, overwhelmed with guilt. “You told us you were going to skip, and go straight home,” Yujin says, her glare filled with anger. “That doesn’t mean you should throw yourself into a fight just because there’s something going on! God, Giselle, and you too Winter, someone already knows what you guys have. Do you know how stupid it was? Throwing yourselves into a fight like that?” Giselle and Winter wince as Yujin’s voice rises as she expresses her frustration.

 

She never shouts.

 

Yujin's voice softens as she looks at Giselle, her expression reflecting concern. "I don't care about that anymore. I'm sorry for shouting," she says gently, her eyes filled with remorse. "How are your injuries? I think the one on your cheek is gonna scar." Yujin quickly changes the topic, her tone shifting to one of practicality.

 

Giselle chuckles softly. “It’s fine, I get you’re mad,” she says, acknowledging Yujin’s frustration. “I got one on my cheek?” Giselle asks, surprised.

 

“Yeah,” Liz giggles, pointing at her face.

 

“When can I leave?” Giselle inquires.

 

“The nurse said you can leave early, just as long as we take care of your injuries,” Yujin replies, smiling and nodding to Liz. “Liz said she can do that. But, I will be staying over. Nobody can say no,” she adds, pointing her finger at both Winter and Giselle.

 

Winter groans and mumbles into her hands, “We should’ve ignored it.”

 

“There’s one more person waiting outside though, we kept her waiting out there for way too long,” Winter adds, laughing at the annoyed expression on Giselle’s face.

 

“Who’s waiting? Tell me!” Giselle whines.

 

“You’ll see!” Liz drawls, opening the door for them to exit.

 

“They’re so annoying,” Giselle grumbles under her breath as she crosses her arms.

 

Minutes pass, each one feeling like an eternity, and the suspense is starting to kill her inside. She considers checking up on Ningning. What if she saw? The thought makes Giselle cringe.

 

Then she remembers her phone. Where is it? Did it get broken in the fight? Giselle groans, realizing it probably out of her reach even if it’s not broken.

 

Finally, after what feels like an eternity, the door opens. Giselle’s eyes widen, and her jaw almost drops.

 

 

 

“Ningning?” Giselle utters Ningning’s name in a soft whisper, her voice filled with a mixture of surprise and longing.

 

Ningning doesn’t say anything, she just walks up to Giselle and hugs her.

 

As Giselle feels Ningning’s arms around her, a sense of warmth and security washes over her. She’s never realized how much she needed this hug, how much she needed Ningning’s comforting presence in her life.

 

Despite the pain throbbing in her arms, Giselle holds onto Ningning even tighter, reveling in the love and solace she finds in her embrace. It’s as if the world fades away, leaving only the two of them, entwined in each other’s arms.

 

“I’m sorry,” Ningning’s voice is muffled against Giselle’s collar, her words laced with sincerity and concern. “I know it was stupid and random for me to show up… I was just… worried.”

 

Giselle’s smile widens, her eyes reflecting gratitude and warmth. “What are you sorry for? Caring? I’m glad you’re here,” she responds, her embrace tightening around Ningning.

 

They linger in that intimate embrace, the moment stretching out as they find solace in each other’s presence.

 

“Well, I’m not sure if I can make it to that hangout. Considering I’m in bandages, sorry..?” Giselle’s nervous chuckle fills the air, but before she can finish, Ningning’s hand gently slaps her face.

 

Slap is a term to be used extremely lightly, it was merely a tap to Giselle’s cheek.

 

“It’s okay,” Ningning’s voice is soft but firm, her eyes conveying reassurance and understanding. “Can you stop thinking about that stupid hangout? When you recover, you’re definitely treating me. But for now, just focus on getting better. Okay?”

 

Giselle’s expression softens, a mix of gratitude and amusement dancing in her eyes. “Fine,” she grumbles playfully, allowing herself to be swayed by Ningning’s gentle insistence.

 

“Don’t be grumpy,” Ningning’s smile radiates warmth and affection, but Giselle remains stubborn, sulking in response. “Stop sulking!” Ningning whines, her touch gentle as she grabs Giselle’s arm. Giselle turns to her, her expression softening as she laughs.

 

“I’m kidding,” Giselle reassures, her smile genuine and warm. “I promise I’ll stop thinking about that hangout. But I also promise to treat you to the best hangout ever.” Her words are sincere, filled with a sense of anticipation and excitement.

 

“Okay, you better keep that promise. I have to meet up with my friends. So, text me later?” Ningning asks, her finger pointed playfully at Giselle’s face.

 

Giselle nods eagerly, the big smile still adorning her face.

 

Suddenly, Ningning leans in close, her presence filling the space between them with warmth and affection. With each inch closer, Giselle’s heart races, anticipation building with every breath. Then, as if in slow motion, Ningning plants a gentle kiss on Giselle’s cheek before pulling back with a playful smile.

 

“Bye!” Ningning’s voice carries a hint of excitement as she waves and dashes outside the door, leaving Giselle feeling both elated and slightly breathless.

 

Giselle raises a hand to her cheek, feeling the warmth left behind by Ningning’s kiss. Her fingertips brush over the newly formed scar, a tangible reminder of the events that transpired.

 

At that moment, the three others return, their expressions filled with confusion as they notice Giselle holding her cheek. Yujin points to the door with her thumb, prompting them all to glance in its direction. Winter rushes forward, her concern evident as she examines Giselle’s cheek, her touch gentle yet reassuring.

 

Winter’s expression shifts from concern to bewilderment as Giselle grabs her shoulders and begins to shake her. “Hey, does it hurt? What happened?” Winter’s voice is filled with genuine worry.

 

Giselle’s eyes sparkle with excitement as she releases Winter’s shoulders and beams at her friends. “She kissed my cheek!” Giselle’s voice carries a joyful squeal, her grin widening to match the contagious excitement radiating from her.

 

Yujin offers a knowing nod, her expression reflecting understanding, while Liz’s laughter fills the room. “Oh, that makes sense,” Yujin remarks with a playful smirk.

 

Giselle continues to shake Winter, her grip tight and unyielding despite Winter’s attempts to break free. “Good for you, Giselle! Let go!” Winter protests, though her disapproval is met with Giselle’s never ending excitement.

 

-

 

 

Giselle is dismissed from the hospital after a brief wait for a nurse. Armed with a list of instructions and some numbing paste, she exits without the burden of casts on her arms, the pain subsiding enough for her to move them more freely.

 

“Finally out of the hospital, finally, and I have my phone!” Giselle’s grin stretches wide as she revels in the freedom.

 

“The first thing you do out of the hospital is text your girlfriend. Unbelievable,” Yujin mutters, rolling her eyes.

 

Giselle gasps, her cheeks flushing red. “She’s not my girlfriend, Yujin!” she whispers sharply, playfully punching Yujin in the arm.

 

“Ow! What the ? You’re an injured civilian, yet you hit like a ing hammer,” Yujin hisses, rubbing her arm and shooting a glare at Giselle, who is smiling at her phone.

 

Winter joins in teasing Giselle. “‘She’s not my girlfriend!’ she says as she looks back at her phone with a big- smile. Okay, Giselle…” Winter laughs, mimicking Giselle’s voice. Giselle scowls and pockets her phone after sending one last message.

 

“Just say you guys are all losers and don’t have anyone to text,” Giselle retorts.

 

“Well, you sure are a loser, giggling and ,” Liz chimes in.

 

Giselle groans. “Leave me alone!”

 

They all share a laugh as they head back to the car, finally making their way back to the dorms.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

 

A man standing close behind them discreetly adjusts his earpiece, holding something in his hand.

 

“Yo boss, I found Jiwon,” he says quietly into the device.

 

“Wow, you’re quick. Where?” the voice on the other end responds.

 

“At a hospital, she walked out with three other people.”

 

“You think we can use them?”

 

“Hm, maybe for leverage. But I think one of them can be useful. Her name’s Giselle.”

 

“Great, but we can focus on her later. Focus on Liz; we need her to activate her.”

 

“Don’t we have to do that?”

 

“Well, yeah, but we have to gather them all first. We already have Mark, Felix, and Sakura.”

 

“Okay, I’ll update you further when I get more information.”

 

He lowers his hand from his earpiece and smirks. “Oh Liz, did you really think you could run away?” he mutters to himself, a sense of satisfaction in his tone. With a smirk still playing on his lips, he walks away from the hospital.

 

“It’s sealed in your fate.”

 

 

 

 

You can’t run.