i know, i feel like i’m a different person

Love is you (only you) [Ningselle]

( continuing chap 1 )

 

As the trio gathered on the rooftop. The sun began its rise in to the morning sky, casting a sunny and warm sky over the city, Giselle, Minjeong, and Liz stood atop the dormitory rooftop, their nerves bursting through the seems.

 

Giselle adjusted the mask covering her face. Both she and Minjeong looked ready to start a robbery, maybe even on Liz. Though they both would never do that.

 

Probably.

 

The fabric of the mask felt rough and foreign against her skin. She stole a glance at Minjeong, whose eyes sparkled with a mix of determination and wariness. Liz looked between them with a reassuring smile.

 

“Okay, so what exactly are we going to do?” Minjeong asked, turning her head to Liz.

 

Liz shrugged. “Honestly, i dont know. But Yujin seemed pretty confident we’d figure it out.” She scratched her head awkwardly, a crooked little smile forming on her face.

 

Giselle sighed inwardly face palming, feeling the weight of the incompetence out of the three of them.

 

‘Seriously? How did I get stuck with them?’

 

Liz’s after a bit of thinking, suggests to start with their webs. The suggestion sounded reasonable enough, but executing it was proving to be more challenging than anticipated. Giselle watched as Minjeong nodded fervently in agreement, her own excitement shining through.

 

“Yeah, no problem. We got this.” Minjeong affirmed, her confidence through the roof. She turns to Giselle with an expectant look.

 

“What?” Giselle asked, feeling awkward with the stare.

 

“Well you did it, i’ll just copy you.” Minjeong replied, unfazed by Giselle awkwardness.

 

Giselle took a deep breath, trying to push aside her nerves. She closes her eyes, focusing on the sensation of the spider DNA coursing through her veins. With a swift movement, she flicked her wrist, expecting to see the familiar web shoot out.

 

But to her dismay, nothing shoots out.

 

Giselle lifts her head to turn to the other two, Minjeong tilts her head bewildered while Liz ponders.

 

“Maybe do a pose? Like the peace sign, or rockstar hand thingy” The blonde suggests, posing her hands as a demonstration. Giselle nods, getting ready to try again.

 

“Yeah, i’m ing tomboy, uh-uh-uh-uh”

 

“Minjeong, shut the up”

 

Giselle laughs, unable to contain her amusment. She refocused her attention, feeling on the power through her veins once again. She adopted a hand pose and flicked her wrist in a swift movement. And there it was, the thin strand of web being shot out, landing on the rooftop wall with a small thwip.

 

“Holy , it worked!” Giselle exclaimed, her eyes sparkled with joy.

 

Minjeong’s eyes gleamed with admiration as she watched Giselle shoot out a web. With a wide grin, Minjeong held out her own hand and mimics Giselle’s motion.  To her delight, a strand of webbing shot out from her wrist as well.

 

“That’s so cool!” Minjeong exclaims, her excitement resembling that of a kid, which brings a grin to Giselle’s face under her mask.

 

“What should we try next?” Minjeong’s eyes are wide with excitement as she looks up.

 

Liz takes a quick minute to think, coming up with an idea. “Strength, or how your senses have changed?”

 

“That could work,” Giselle nods in agreement.

 

“Okay, I’m gonna try something—don’t! And I mean don’t!—kill me,” Liz says with a light tone in her voice, holding up both her hands. though there's a mix of seriousness underlying her words.

 

Giselle stares as the blonde, puzzled by what Liz is up to as she makes her way to the other side of the rooftop and picks up a seemingly used baseball. Before Giselle can even question the blonde’s actions, she’s met with a baseball being hurled straight to her face at full speed.

 

And, no joke, Liz could be a professional pitcher.

 

Instinctively, Giselle moves her body sideways, flicking her wrist and grabbing the baseball with her web before throwing it back on the ground.

 

“When the did you learn that?!” Minjeong exclaims in disbelief, turning  to Giselle her eyes as wide as saucers.

 

“I didn’t.” Giselle answers, equally confused by her own abilities.

 

Looking back at Minjeong, Liz explains, “Spiders tend to react quickly, i guess you got that from it. So if Giselle has it, I’m pretty sure you do too, Minjeong.”

 

Giselle looks around her body, somewhat enjoying these new abilities.

 

“Spiders have a lot of different skills. So far, you both have their webbing and quick reaction’s.” Liz explains, her hand below her chin satisfied with the results. “Let’s see if your webs are durable enough.”

 

“Durable enough for what?” Minjeong inquires.

 

“About anything, like carrying your own weight, or someone else’s too.” Liz shrugs, walking off and leaving Giselle and Minjeong curious.

 

“You guys see the little light hanging off here, right?” Liz asks, pointing somewhere little higher than they were. The two spiders nod.

 

“One of you web on to it and see if it can hold you up there.”

 

Giselle shares a glance with Minjeong. Minjeong nods and flicks her hand up to the light.

 

She misses.

 

Giselle and Liz stiffle a small laugh, while Minjeong glares at them both. Turning back and focusing on the light again, she flicks her wrist and ultimately lands on the light. Before she can celebrate the web brings her up with it.

 

Minjeong yelps, and now Liz and Giselle crane their neck to see the woman, now perched over the light looking down at the two.

 

With a playful grin under her mask, Minjeong waves down at them, her eyes in crescents. “Hey guys!”

 

Giselle and Liz couldn’t help but share a chuckle at the sight. Liz then redirected her attention back to Minjeong.

 

“Minjeong!” Liz called out, pulling Minjeong’s focus away from whatever had her attention below.

 

Minjeong blinked, momentarily disoriented before turning her gaze back to Liz.

 

“What were you looking at?” Liz inquired, her curiosity evident in her voice.

 

Minjeong hesitated for a moment before offering a dismissive wave. "Nothing! Don't worry," she reassured them, though her rapid heartbeat betrayed her attempt at nonchalance. "What do I do next?" she asked, a nervous laugh escaping her lips.

 

Liz gives her a skeptical look but doesn't think much about it. "Anchor your web line to the light!" Liz yells, cupping . Minjeong nods and fires a web line on the surface next to her.

 

"I know you're barely learning how to use your powers, but focus on adjusting your stance and lower yourself down from the light. Okay?" Liz asks, worry written on her face.

 

Minjeong gives a tight nod, slowly fixing her stance she gets in a position. Then she starts hanging upside down, and with a few breaths in and out she starts descending. Her eyes gleam with joy.

 

"Holy , I'm doing it!" Minjeong yelps, before finally making it to eye level with the other two.

 

"Okay, now get down before all the blood gets to your head."

 

"Okay, mom." Minjeong rolls her eyes, quickly standing up.

 

"I have two more things for you both to try, and then we will rest. Capisce?"

"Aye aye, captain!" Minjeong salutes.

 

Giselle blankly stares at Minjeong before giving a small 'yes'.

 

"Giselle, do you see that billboard?" Liz asks, pointing across the street to another building. Giselle nods, urging her to continue.

 

"Web to it. Once you're on top, crawl around the board. I want to see if you guys are able to stick to walls." Liz's eyes shine with adoration while suggesting this horrendous idea.

 

Giselle gapes at the suggestion, slowly turning to the blonde as if she grew two heads. “Liz, I literally just found out I had these powers not even 2 hours ago!” Giselle harshly whispers.

 

“It’s perfect practice! I promise if you get hurt, I’ll buy you a month's worth of—“

 

“Deal. I’ll be back!” Giselle grins under the mask, getting a running start. She dashes to where the building ends, feeling the adrenaline coursing through her veins. With determination etched on her face, she jumps, directing her hand across the street and angling them towards the billboard. With a flick of her wrist, she shoots out a web line across the gap. As she soars through the air, she quickly pulls herself using the web she shot across, feeling the exhilaration of flight coursing through her. With precision and agility, she lands on the top left corner of the billboard, perching herself like a spider surveying its domain.

 

From her elevated vantage point, she looks back towards the other two, feeling a rush of excitement and accomplishment wash over her.

 

From across, Giselle can see Liz's mouth gaping open, while Minjeong has her hands on her head, seemingly just as shocked as Liz.

 

Giselle grins and starts to lower herself to crawl over the billboard. With each movement, feeling the texture of the surface beneath her hands. She crawls until she reaches the platform of the billboard, her heart pounding with exhilaration. Looking back at the duo across, she flashes them a thumbs up, her eyes shining with excitement and pride.

 

In a swift and determined move, she repeats the same process, running, jumping, shooting, and pulling. Making it back on to the edge of the rooftop, she leaps higher than the two, quickly making it back behind them.

 

Giselle is quick to turn around and throw the two in a crushing group hug, her excitement palpable beneath the mask. With a wide grin spread across her lips, she squeezes them tightly, reveling in the rush of adrenaline coursing through her veins.

 

"Did you guys see that?" Giselle asks eagerly, her eyes shining with anticipation.

 

"You were so cool!" Minjeong exclaims, her voice filled with admiration as she looks up at Giselle.

 

"We are cool! So is Liz too," Giselle adds, pulling them in a little closer

 

“You’re a fast learner, all that for snacks.” Liz sighs, shaking her head with a soft smile grazing her lips.

 

Giselle's heart swells with pride at Minjeong's admiration, and she returns the sentiment with a warm smile. Liz's words bring a soft chuckle from Giselle, as she remembers their earlier deal about snacks.

 

"Yeah, who knew snacks would be such a motivator," Giselle remarks, her eyes twinkling with amusement.

 

As Liz clasps her hands together, Giselle and Minjeong exchange curious glances, their anticipation growing.

 

"The one last thing I want you guys to try, which I'm highly positive you both will have no troubles in doing," Liz announces, her voice tinged with excitement and mystery.

 

The spider-women raise their eyebrows, considering Liz's words carefully.

 

"Swing around the city. Make yourselves known," the blonde suggests, her soft smile reflecting her confidence in them as she punctuates her words with a gentle tap to their chests.

 

"What about you?" Minjeong questions, narrowing her eyes inquisitively.

"I'll be in the dorm, probably sleeping. I want you guys home before

midnight," Liz jokes, her tone light despite the seriousness of her request.

 

"No, I meant why not make yourself known?" Minjeong clarifies, her curiosity piqued.

 

Liz smiles and shakes her head. "How am I supposed to? I don't have any powers. Even if I made myself known to the world as the spider-women's second hand, that's just putting a red target on my back. No thanks," she explains, her eyes reflecting a mixture of amusement and sincerity.

 

Giselle sighs and nods in understanding. "Okay Mom, we'll be home before midnight. I'll make sure of it," she promises, offering Minjeong a pat on the back

 

“Ready, partner?” Giselle asks with a playful grin.

 

"You're on!" Minjeong beams, her excitement palpable.

 

"Bye Liz, be careful!" Giselle calls out as they prepare to swing away.

 

"Bye, you two! Be safe! If one of you gets hurt, come home immediately. Don’t be afraid to wake me up!" Liz's voice carries across the rooftop, filled with genuine concern.

 

“Yes, ma’am!” They respond in unison, punctuated with a playful salute.

 

They glare at each other before laughing it off. As if they had done this before they blew past the wind with speed and webs.

 

As Liz heads back to her dorm, her phone buzzes in her pocket. Retrieving it, she unlocks the screen to find four unread messages awaiting her attention.

 

 

cutie

 

 

 

 

She beams at the messages, her eyes forming crescents and her smile as wide as the sun. Hurrying into her dorm room, she closes the door behind her and makes a beeline for her bed. With her phone in hand, she lays back and starts to read the messages.

 

However, her joy is short-lived as her phone suddenly dies, leaving her without any means of communication. Frustrated by the unfortunate timing, especially since her charger recently broke, she sighs and sets her phone down on the bedside table.

 

Deciding to make the most of the situation, she closes her eyes and settles in for a nap.

 

She’ll sleep it off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: i honestly was about to make something bad happen here but thats way to early …

 

 

again im gonna be honest this fic was NOT planned at all so i lowk have no idea where im going with this … like i have some elements planned but like LORD

 

I also have a playlist of potential songs im gonna use in this ff (who knew frank ocean is lowk good?????)