2.

A man who hates the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[HEECHUL'S POV]

 

“Don't forget your curfew, sweetie.” Mom reminded me once again before I leave the house.

 

“Noted.” I said and went out. It's not really far from our house so I could've just walked since Donghae guided me earlier. I didn't know my neighborhood is this kind, I thought they were mean and scary. This is my first time coming out, I'm glad I've had a reason for it or else I'd be stuck at home.

 

For all of my life, my mom is my only companion—when I was a kid my parents got divorce and she took the custody to have me because she didn't trust my father. My mother fought for me so hard and I'm happy to be with her. She's the best mother I've ever had, If it weren't for her, I wouldn't make it this long.

 

I know she's tired and sometimes I feel bad about it because I couldn't help her all the time. I always blame myself—If I was just like the other kids, our lives would be so different.

 

I arrived and already in front of his door. I'm so anxious because I'd meet new people but half of me is happy. I'm not in a box anymore, I'm trying to normally live my life.

 

“Fine just press the doorbell.” I whispered to myself and pressed it. In just a minute, Donghae opened it up and was so happy to see me.

 

“I thought you'd ditch me. Come inside.” Donghae said and I saw a bunch of people. They are dancing, having their own moments and drinking.

 

“How could I do that? You personally went to our house and invited me.” I responded, looking around and observing his friends.

 

“Suit yourself and have fun.” Donghae tapped my shoulder and went inside the kitchen, leaving me alone with a bunch of strangers.

 

Is this really a party? I mean yes, it does but I'm not used to it. I feel like they are scary and some of them are staring at me.

 

“Hae, someone's knocking.”

 

“Coming.” Donghae went out from the kitchen and greeted his guests.

 

Okay, I feel so out of place. Did I make the right decision to come here? I'm slowly regretting it. I should've just stayed at home and watch the television.

 

“Hey, are you new here?” someone sat next to me and handed me a drink.

 

“No, I've been living here since I was born.” I smiled at him.

 

“Really? I've never seen you around and you aren't even familiar. Are you really sure about that”

 

“Yes, I just don't go out that much.” I explained and took a deep breath. 

 

“Hey, stop pestering my new friend.” Donghae butted in while looking at us.

 

“Ah a new friend. Anyway, you look good.” out of nowhere he complimented me and left me.

 

Is it supposed to be like that? I thought he would stay a little bit longer but I gue

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter