5.

A man who hates the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[HEECHUL'S POV]

 

“I'm really sorry. I didn't know you were going through something serious. If I knew, I wouldn't have done it.” Donghae said, in the verge of tears and holding my hands.

 

“It's not your fault and I'm fine. Look, nothing happened.” I comforted him and gently tapped his shoulder. 

 

Luckily, my mother came to the rescue and stopped Donghae when she saw what's happening. She hurriedly went upstairs and pulled me, asking Donghae to let me go. I cried, for a second I was scared for my life and I thought I would die any moment. If the sun hits my skin, that would be the end of me. I might experience of severe sunburn or If I'm too exposed, there's also a high possibility of skin cancer and also my brain starts to fail in short, I could die.

 

There's no cure—it's a life long disease and I'm doing my best to protect myself from it.

 

I looked it up and it says our life span is 29 years, if the neurological features are present and 37 years, if neurological features are not present. There's no guarantee that I can live longer and that's the reason why I want my mom to take care of herself too. I can't be with her and might die sooner or later.

 

“Why didn't you tell me? You should've told me in the first place.” He said.

 

“I know I should but...”

 

“You think I'm going to judge you? It's not even your fault.” 

 

“I don't want you to feel sorry for me just because I'm sick. I'm scared.” I admitted.

 

“Why would I do that? I'm not that kind of person and you don't have to be scared. Let's have fun, okay? Let's be friends and I'll make sure to protect you.” Donghae said and started to cry. I really feel bad because he's blaming himself so I gave him a comforting hug to ease his worries.

 

We stayed like that while my mother was watching us outside my room. I smiled at her and she smiled back. I found another friend and he knows what I'm going through. 

 

 

“Mom, I have to go.” I said, approaching her.

 

“Where are you going?” 

 

“Meeting my other friend. He's already outside and waiting for me.” I chuckled.

 

“Be careful, okay? Don't forget your curfew.” Mom reminded me.

 

“Noted!” I responded and kissed her cheek.

 

After bidding my goodbye, I went out and ran towards Jungsoo. When Jungsoo saw me, his face lit up and started waving his hands. Wow he looks fine and really genuine.

 

“Where are we going, Sir?” I jokingly said as I stood in front of him and Jungsoo extended his hand.

 

“Just trust me.” Jun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter