Insomnia

Insomnia [ONESHOT]

You’d think that being worked to death to prepare for debut would wear one out immensely, right?

                Well of course. But for some reason or another, it still takes Baekhyun an eternity to fall asleep. He was losing precious resting hours and he could do nothing about it because his body simply did not want to shut down on him.

                He tried everything he could to close his eyes and drift off but so far he’s been unsuccessful.

                He’s tried counting sheep. Whose idea was it to count friggin sheep? At best it just made Baekhyun bored out of his mind.

                He’s tried drinking warm beverages before he went to bed. But that just lead him to getting up to go to the bathroom at 3 in the morning.

                He’s tried going for a run to wear him out. But that just leads to him being more energized than ever.

                Baekhyun was a weird kid. Everything that made others fall asleep would just work the opposite effect on him.

                He was pretty sure he was disturbing his roommates sleeping pattern as well.

                Chanyeol used to sleep so easily. When his head hit his pillow after a long day of practice, he’d be out like a light.

                But not lately. Lately Chanyeol’s been lying awake at night, staring at the white ceiling until the early hours of the morning.

                It’s actually taken a toll on their group dynamics. Chanyeol’s been snapping faster and faster as the days go past. He was irritated. He doesn’t get his beauty rest.

                And then both discovered the reason why neither of them has been getting their good night’s sleep.

                It was after the High Cut photo shoot and interview. The members stumbled into their dorm with slumped bodies and tired eyes. Kai and D.O hung off each other for support as they both made way to their room to sleep. Suho lazily dragged a half-awake Se Hun to their own room. They would probably be too weary to get in their individual beds and would just crash in the same one to save time. It wouldn’t be the first time Baekhyun found Suho and Se Hun sleeping together.

                And that just left Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

                They trudged over to their shared room and snuggled up in their respective beds.

                But they didn’t sleep. They just stared into oblivion.

                Chanyeol loudly sniffled before turning over in his covers.

                “You did it again,” Baekhyun said suddenly.

                Chanyeol looked over at him, “what?”

                “You heard me. You’re why I can’t get to sleep at night,” he replied.

                “No way puppy, you’re the reason why I can’t get to sleep at night,” Chanyeol shot back.

                “Puppy?!” Baekhyun sat up.

                “Yeah, you whimper like Monggu when you’re trying to sleep.” He smirked.

                “I do not!”

                “Oh yeah? I really beg to differ after I’ve lost hours of rest because you’re too noisy.

                Baekhyun looked away, “so what you said in the interview was true, huh.”

                “Of course it was,” Chanyeol slid out of bed and walked over to Baekhyun. “Every last bit of it.”

                “W-what?” Baekhyun stuttered as Chanyeol inched closer. He squeaked when Chanyeol slipped into Baekhyun’s own bed and wrapped his longer arms around him, snuggling into his neck. “Channie-ah, what are you doing?” Baekhyun whimpered.

                “See, puppy? This is why I can’t sleep. You sound too cute,” Chanyeol grinned. “Remember when I said we loved each other?”

                “Y-yeah?”

                “I meant what I said. Now shut up and go to sleep.” 


A little drabble for you all. CAUSE BAEKYEOL'S SO CUTE!