Ch.21

The Wraith And The Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where were you two?! Why did you leave without telling us?! I was so damn worried!" Giselle exclaimed, her voice laced with concern as tears streamed down her cheeks. She hit Jaemin's shoulder, unable to contain her emotions. Jaemin offered a reassuring smile, allowing Giselle to vent her fears. The sudden disappearance of Jaemin and Jeno had left the girls anxious, especially with the discovery of the tunnel. Karina and Ningning shared Giselle's sentiments, haunted by the fear of losing someone again.

 

As Giselle finally calmed down, Jeno hugged her in apology, joined by Jaemin. However, Giselle pushed Jaemin away with a pout, refusing his touch amidst her distress.

 

"Don't touch me!" Giselle snapped, her frustration evident as she struck Jaemin's shoulder once more. Haechan approached to offer comfort, only to receive a similar reaction from Giselle, exacerbating her distress.

 

"You too! What are you doing with that machine?! Why are you wearing that stuff?!" Giselle's tone was accusatory, her worry for their safety palpable. Jeno released her, allowing Giselle to seek solace in Ningning's embrace. "What if something happens to you?" Giselle's voice softened momentarily before Winter's cry pierced the air, sending shivers down their spines.

 

The intensity of Winter's wail escalated, forcing the group to retreat from her uncontrollable outburst. Karina, despite the pain, remained by Winter's side, offering unwavering support. Giselle's anxiety seemed to trigger Winter further, amplifying her distress.

 

The group's attempts to approach Winter only worsened the situation, as her wails grew stronger with each attempt. Karina, struggling but determined, insisted on handling Winter alone, her grimace masking her own pain.

 

"No. Let us help!" Ningning pleaded, but the increasing intensity of Winter's waves made it clear that Karina was the only one able to provide solace. With no other viable option, the group reluctantly accepted Karina's decision, though concern etched deeply into their expressions.

 

Karina ushered Winter into the office, carefully guiding her to the couch before her own knees buckled beneath her weight. She suppressed the urge to collapse entirely, unwilling to cause further alarm to her companions. With a gasp, she knelt on the floor, struggling to regulate her breathing amidst the pain coursing through her body.

 

Summoning what little strength remained, Karina enveloped Winter in her arms once more, gently soothing the distraught wraith. Recalling Winter's fondness for affection, Karina peppered her with forehead kisses, discovering by chance the comfort Winter found in having her ears rubbed. As Winter gradually calmed, Karina's senses were assaulted by waves of dizziness, culminating in the sensation of warm liquid trickling from her nose—a nosebleed.

 

Quickly wiping away the blood with her shirt to conceal her discomfort from the others, Karina continued to reassure Winter, despite her own physical strain. Winter, sensing Karina's distress, attempted to offer solace in return, tenderly patting Karina's head in apology.

 

"Rina... Rina..." Winter's voice was soft, tinged with remorse as she sought to comfort her companion. Karina mustered a smile, grateful for Winter's concern.

 

"I'm okay, it's okay." Karina reassured, embracing Winter once more. As Winter returned the embrace, Karina couldn't help but chuckle weakly as Winter began to nibble on her shoulder—an unconventional yet endearing gesture of comfort.

 

A knock at the door jolted Karina from her moment of solace, prompting Giselle's worried inquiry from outside. "Karina? Are you guys okay? We can't feel the waves anymore. Can we come in?"

 

Karina cleared , pushing aside her own discomfort as she addressed her concerned friends. With a blink to dispel the pain, she gave her assent, watching as Winter released her embrace and turned towards the door. As Giselle entered, followed by the rest of the group, their expressions mirrored Giselle's evident concern.

 

"Gi..." Winter's soft voice called out, her arms reaching towards Giselle. It was the first time Winter had attempted to say Giselle's name, catching everyone off guard, especially Giselle, who was moved to tears and immediately embraced Winter.

 

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I must've startled you." Giselle cooed, offering her apology as she hugged Winter. Winter seemed to appreciate Giselle's comfort, as well as Ningning's, while Haechan took the opportunity to discreetly pull Karina aside.

 

"Let me take a look at you. You had a nosebleed, right?" Haechan pointed out, prompting Karina to realize she hadn't completely wiped away the blood. Luckily, only Haechan seemed to have noticed. He signaled to Jaemin to distract the others, especially Winter, who was enjoying the affection from Giselle and Ningning, while Ningning hoped for Winter to call her name too, though Winter remained silent, content with their embrace.

 

Haechan led Karina out of the office to the laboratory's first aid section, where he helped her until her nosebleed stopped completely, offering her some temporary relief. Sensing Haechan's unease, Karina prompted him to speak up, sensing that something was troubling him.

 

"Is something bothering you?" Karina inquired, attempting to ease Haechan's evident worry and hesitation.

 

"I need to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter