chapter 16

last sorrows

Morning came even before I could say goodnight. I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm clock shrieking in my ear. Sighing, I went stretched out to turn it off and got out of bed to do my morning rituals.

 

Breakfast was toast and a cup of coffee. After that was a nice warm shower. And shower time is usually time for me to think. This time, my mind is occupied with a certain tan skinned women going by the name of Kwon Yuri. My thoughts brought back to last night and it could not stop the smile that crept up to my face. It has been a long time I felt like this. Free-spirited. Our date was simple. Dinner and a nice walk around the park and maybe something more if Tim hadn't called.

 

Talking about last night. Yuri hadn't called me… like she promised.

 

Walking out of the shower wrapped in only my towel I made a beeline for my phone charging. Turning it on I saw that I had heaps of messages. Some from Jessica. Some from my team in the office. And the rest from…Yuri. Oh she did call me. However looking at the time of the calls… lets just put it this way. Is it humanly possible for someone to be awake at that time.

 

Taking another glance at my phone I quickly set it down and walked straight into my walk in closet. Picking out yet another black work outfit and getting my make up done. Just as I finished the door bell rang.

 

"who can that be?" I wondered. I don't get many visitors and when I do they are usually Jessi or SooYoung but I know it can neither be any of them as Jessi texted me saying she would be late for work as sooyoung was down with the cold.

 

I was expecting everyone really. From Mr Clark to the Ahjumma leaving down the hall way.

However, I was really stunned when I opened the door. The last person I would like to see right now.

 

"Taeyeon" her name came out a whisper.

 

Before I could slam the door in her face she stepped inside and hugged me. I could smell that same vanilla scent she likes to use all the time. And a familiar pang rang through my heart again. I felt tears building up. Pushing her a way I took a step back shaking my head.

 

"You should not be here." I stared at her

 

"Pany please let me explain" her voice begged me. Her face was showing signs of distress.

 

"Explain what Taeyeon?"

 

"Why I left you… like that"

 

"Like that? LIKE THAT? TEAYEON YOU BROKE OUR ENGAGEMENT JUST TWO MONTHS BEFORE OUR WEDDING. TWO TAEYEON. You left me confused and hurt. You made me feel like I was worthless and useless. Like how my father made me feel when he was on he's death bed just because I said I choose you over any guy. I gave up everything to be with you. I… I tried so hard to make you love me Taeyeon and when you proposed, I thought I was going to leave happily ever after with someone I love the most. Are you going to go into further details of how childish I was? Or maybe how much I was a pain to you. Are you going to rub about how perfect the other one is for you? Taeyeon please no more. I barely survived the last time. And I don't think I have fully recovered yet. Please Taeyeon spare me…" I didn’t have any energy left and felt my knees give way as I sink to the floor crying my heart out. The pain I tried to conceal and bury burst through me like a dam.

 

"I'm sorry pany… really… please forgive me. I didn’t mean anything I said the last time. Pany please let me explain. Please hear me out" she begged me still standing at the same spot. Watching me as I crumble

 

"No Taeyeon. Please go. PLEASE" I looked up at her. And saw that she too was in tears.

 

"I'll be back Pany please let me explain. I still love you" she whispered the last part as she closed the door behind her.

 

---------------------

hi everyone sorry for keeping this much awaited chapter... took me a while but i finally managed to pull through. is it okay or am i lacking?

please do let me know ^.^

like usual please subscribe and comment. 

 

peace out,

Kaylac