chapter 13

last sorrows

"Mr Clark? Ms Hwang is here for you" Penelope he's assistant spoke through the intercom

 

"Ah yes send her in"

 

At least he sounds  cheerful. Whenever Mr Clark calls for someone it's either your in deep or he's really happy with your work. Right now I think it's the latter.

 

"Don't worry. He's not going to fire one of he's top and most trusted designer. From what I heard with he's conversation with the head boss last night he might actually set you up for another promotion" Penelope said with a smile on her face as she led me into he's office

 

"Thank you Penelope" a small played on my lips.

 

Penelope is this drop dead gorgeous women who is married to a man and has three kids but she is still able to keep her figure. I really admire her. She used to be one of our top designers but she settled down to be a secretary because of the kids. Said something about having more time for them.

 

"Tiffany! Come in take a sit. Penelope can you get tea for us please?" Mr Clark gestured to the leather sofa.

 

"Right away sir" Penelope soon disappeared through the door leaving us alone

 

"Tiffany great work on the design last week. Mr Hutchens is really proud of the fine work you have displayed."

 

"Thank you sir but not all of the designs were my own." I replied honestly. As much as I like to take credit but some of there really was not my own. Some designs belonged to Yoona and Jessie and I like to give credit when it's due.

 

"Really? That's fantastic. Anyway Mr Hutchens told me that there would be an opening for a position for chief executive. And I put your name up for it. Don't worry because the position is right here in Seoul." he exclaimed excitedly.

 

"But Sir chief executive is your position. How can I take that away from you? Plus I feel that I'm still too young in the company to run such a position. Maybe Mr Kangin or Miss lee is best suited."

 

"Tiffany dear. I'm going back to New York. I've been here too long and my wife really wishes to go back home. Settle down for good. As to Mr Kangin and Ms lee they are good. And maybe better than good but you are the best at this. And I find you very capable of adapting to new environment much better. Don't worry because Penelope will be there to guide you." I sense that he's paternal instincts has taken place.

 

Mr Clark is like a second father to me. He took me in as an intern and kept pushing me for promotions right after fashion week three years ago. He really doted on me and I cannot be more than thankful for what he has done to me.

 

"Mr Clark the Tea sir" Penelope walked in with a tray carrying our tea in he's hands.

 

"Thank you dear."

 

Penelope set down the tea and walked out. Letting us resume our conversation

 

"And what about my position?" I cannot help feeling curios to who will feel my spot. I don't want my team to suffer with some asshat that doesn't know how to do anything.

 

"Well as of now there are no names that runs through my mind when I Think of that. Are there people you would like to suggest?" he sat back looking at me think.

 

"Well there are names that comes into mind and I have worked with them in the past and some in the present. And in my professional opinion, the are the best people who I think can lead the team to greater success." Now here is the challenging pert. Discussing someone else's future.

 

"Great so who are these people?" Mr Clark asked. A twinkle in he's eye.

 

"The first one is Rebekah Kim. She's really good in her work. More chic and trendy a really good person to work with I feel. I worked with her during our September issue for the teenage line. And I really enjoyed someone young and talented on my team. The second on is Jessica Jung. Yes she may be someone close to me but she has really good skills sometimes even better than mine. Her designs was also featured in last week's show. Really bright and smart she is really witty when it comes to problems and finding solutions almost the same as me when it comes to sticky situations. The last person is lee hyori. Ms lee may be an odd choice but when I first started out she was my role model. She gives really good advice on how to improve and I think that that is a quality as head designer especially if the interns are under her wing. She may be a little hot headed but she also make rational decisions despite being hot headed." I blabbed out with . Feeling a little flush with the lack of oxygen

 

"Now this is what I like about you Tiffany. Only you can make observations others cannot and that is why I feel you are up for this promotion. The twinkle in the eye tells me that you do things out of passion and I like that. I will take this three names into observation and I only ask that you do not tell them as I feel that it can only lead to wrong a conclusion. Thank you Tiffany you truly are the best person to work with. Now I shall not keep you to you busy schedule." Mr Clark replied after awhile eyes getting watery. Getting up and shaking my hand before leading me to the door.

 

"Like wise Mr Clark. I wish you well." was the last thing I said before closing he's door.

 

The rest of the day went by quickly without any hiccups and before I knew it the sun was already long gone. I was working on the new designs that mr Ericson the head designer in amsterdam was talking about.
 

"Miss Hwang someone is here to see you" jessica was standing at the door with a familiar face in tow.

 

"Yuri" her name left my lips in a whisper.

 

"The one and only." she smiled back at me

 

"Hey I'm here you know" Jessica cut in a smirk on her face.

 

"And I wish I can pretend your not" trying to hide my blush for being caught. Yuri's presence threw me off I did not expect her to come here.

 

"Well Ms I'm too busy I'll leave you two alone to talk. Now remember to clean up any stains." pushing Yuri inside as she closed the door.

 

The awkward silence could not be anymore awkward and I had to do something about it.

 

"Yuri sit please." Gesturing to the leather Sofa as I got up.

 

"Thanks but I think we should go for dinner. Jung told me that you have been in here all day and even skipped lunch. You must be starving."

 

Just as she said that my stomach growled loudly. I blushed deeply at the sudden noise and covered my stomach

 

"Well I take that as I'm right. Lets go. Don’t want to get gastric do we?"

 

"Alright let me pack first. And why are you walking? You should be resting that broken toe" I realized that she was still injured and cant help but feel worried.

 

"Don’t worry worrywart. I went to the doctor. He said that it's just bruised not broken and that I don't have to be bed ridden for it."

 

"Haha very funny." I murmured as I shoved my designs and paper work into my briefcase.

 

"Should we?" I asked as I made my way to her.

 

"We should let me carry that for you" she reached out to my briefcase and grabbing it

 

"I can carry my own stuff thank you very much"

 

"Comeon lemme do it. You can drive since I don’t own a car yet." she huffed at me as she took the briefcase from my grasp.

 

"Is there a place you want to go?" I asked her as we walked down the halls.

 

"No you can decide. Surprise me Ms Hwang." she playfully nudged me.

 

"Well there's a great Thai food near here we can go there or when we can go somewhere else if you want" I nudged her back

 

"Thai is good" she smiled at me and I cannot help feeling happy.

 

"So were set. Thai food it is" I smiled back as we stepped into the elevator.

 

The ride down to the car park was seriously awkward. Glancing up at Yuri I saw her smiling. Something about her makes me fell tingly inside. And the last time I felt like this was when I was with Taeyeon.

 

"We're here. Let's go before we play ride the elevator as many times as possible." she laughed as she walked out and towards my car.

 

"Very funny Yuri" blushing again for the third time. This time for me spacing out and getting caught.

 

"I know I am Tippany. Have you gotten shock of my beauty that’s why you were staring at me?" shoots I was hoping she dropped that

 

"No I was looking at that ginormous zit on you cheeks." I haughtily replied. Not wanting to be thrown off of the game before it really started.

 

"WHAT! I thought I've gotten rid od those things long ago!" she whined

 

"Hahaha! Nope it's still there" I replied as I took out my keys and opened my car door.

 

I turned back as I stopped hearing footsteps behind me and saw Yuri staring at me with wide eyes and a loosely hanging Jaw.

 

"Okay what has gotten into you now Ms Yuri? You look like you've seen a three headed godzilla." I cant help but giggle at her expression.

 

"Did you just laugh? And the giggle?" she answered after recovering from shock.

 

"Eeer no?" I blushed again for the zillionth time. And quickly got into the car before she saw it

 

"LIAR!" she roared before making her way to the passenger side

 

"Seriously you should laugh more. You sound and look much prettier with your mouth wide" she laughed at whatever mental image she had in her head.

 

"What a way to ruin someone's laughter." I grinned at her as I start the engine. Dinner was going to be very interesting

 

----------------------------

Hello my readers yes i Kaylac updated again!

 

i have sometime before i have to go for this confrence and damn can i say i'm tired. 

anyway i hope you enjoyed this chapter. Subscribe, comment and upvote!

 

Peace out, 

Kaylac