Three

Happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kim Taeyeon, what's going on in your head?!"



Taeyeon winced as his mother shouted through the phone, holding it away from his ear.



"Your wedding is just a week away, and you're planning to go to Jeju out of nowhere!" she continued, berating him as he navigated through the airport with his luggage.



"Mom, it's important work. I can't just skip it," Taeyeon replied, trying to stay calm.



"Your wedding is important too! Ask Yuri to handle your work. Focus on the wedding, Taeyeon. How many times do I have to say it?" She sighed.



"I can't. Yuri's already swamped with his own tasks. I don't want to burden him. Just one day, Mom. I promise I'll catch an early flight back tomorrow after finishing up."



"Please take it seriously, Kim Taeyeon!"



"I am serious about it!"



“No, you’re not”



“Yes, I am”



His mother's tone grew stern. "Taeyeon, this is your wedding we're talking about. It's a once-in-a-lifetime event. You should be participating in the preparations, not leaving everything to Tiffany and me."



Taeyeon felt a pang of guilt. "I'm sorry, Mom. It's just been so hectic lately."



Taeyeon's mother pressed on, her concern evident. "How many times have you actively participated in the wedding preparations? Tiffany and I are doing everything, from the venue to the fittings."
 


Taeyeon defended myself weakly, "I bought the ring with Tiffany. That counts, right?"

 

He remembered meeting with Tiffany at a jewelry shop three weeks ago. They went to buy their wedding ring together but their meeting was short because Taeyeon had to rush to the office after that.



"What about the rest? You even missed your important pre-wedding shoot."



"I haven't had time for all that. The project has taken up most of my days." He admitted.



Taeyeon found himself in this difficult situation due to the demands of a new hotel project in Jeju. The project was almost complete and it was set to open to the public in a month, but the art park, a crucial part of the flagship project, was facing unexpected issues. Despite management's efforts to address issues, the park's troubles have caused a delay in the hotel's opening and a need for budget adjustments, forcing him to make this sudden visit.



"Seriously, why did you agree to this if you're not committed?"



He paused at the question. Why did he agree? There were many answers, yet they all seemed questionable.



However, another reason was Tiffany. She had captured his attention since their first meeting. When his father showed him her picture, Taeyeon didn't hesitate to agree with his father's plan.



His mother sighed. "Taeyeon, this isn't just about the ring. It's about the whole experience. Your father arranged this marriage, and you've never taken the time to know each other. I don't want you to regret this later."



She continued, "You're a good son, always saying yes to everything we ask. But sometimes, you need to learn to say no to things you don't want. If you're not serious about this marriage, then you need to speak up now. We wouldn't mind. It's about your happiness. And more importantly, I don't want you to hurt Tiffany even after you two are married. She's sweet and good. Be kind to her if you really want to marry her."
 


Taeyeon paused, reflecting on his mother's words. Finally, he spoke earnestly, "Mom, I want to marry Tiffany. I am serious about it"



But could I treat her well? I don't know, but I'm willing to try.
 


Her voice softened, "Then prove it. Finish your work in Jeju and take Tiffany out on a date. Show her that you're serious. Relationships need effort, Taeyeon."



Taeyeon nodded "I promise, Mom. I'll make it up to her after I'm done here."



His mother's voice, now more tender, replied, "That's all I want. Make her feel special. Don't let work overshadow the most important moments of your life."
 


.
.
.



The hotel lobby exuded a soft, golden glow, casting a warm ambiance as Taeyeon stood in front of the elevator doors. He ran a hand through his slightly disheveled hair, the remnants of a long day evident in the tired lines on his forehead. At his side, Ms. Lee, the project manager, remained a steadfast companion after a day filled with meetings.



They had just wrapped up a meeting with the project staff, and Taeyeon's mind was swimming with updates and issues.



"Ms. Lee," Taeyeon said, his voice carrying a sense of urgency. "Keep me updated on the progress. I need to know the moment there's any news."
 


Ms. Lee nodded in understanding, her eyes reflecting a sense of determination. "I'll make sure to inform you immediately, sir."



As they waited for the elevator, Taeyeon's eyes wandered across the hotel lobby. A couple, wrapped in each other's arms, caught his attention. Their laughter and shared happiness struck a chord within him, and for a moment, he found himself lost in thought.



"Ms. Lee," Taeyeon's gaze still fixed on the couple. "Are you married?"



Ms. Lee's brows furrowed slightly in surprise, and she replied, "Yes, sir. How did you..."



Taeyeon interrupted with a knowing smile. "I noticed the ring on your finger. How's your married life?"
 


A warm smile curved Ms. Lee's lips as she shared, "It's the best, although we do argue at times. But overall, it's wonderful."



Then, as if a realization dawned upon her, Ms. Lee spoke up again, "You're getting married this week, right?"
 


Taeyeon nodded, a faint smile playing on his lips.



Ms. Lee's eyes lit up. "Congratulations, sir!"



"Thank you," Taeyeon replied, his thoughts drifting to Tiffany. He sighed, acknowledging the gap in his knowledge about his soon-to-be wife. "But I've never had the chance to get to know her. Our marriage is arranged, you see."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter