The Road Ahead

Through The Mist Of The Mountain, I See You (Rewrite!)
Please log in to read the full chapter

   I had returned from the heated discussion, my face tear-stained, nose red and aggrieved, I was met with a fleeting look from Thorin, who had already started to pack his belongings along with all the other Dwarves.

"why are we packing up to leave?"

"Thorin said it'd be better to go on, for we already have our queries answered. Durin's day shall be upon us quite soon," Chirped Balin. Thorin silently nodded at Balin's response.

"Well, I- I don't remember us planning to depart without our wizard, will we not at least wait for Gandalf?" Proposed Bilbo.

The Dwarves merely shook their heads.

 

I ran to my quarters and sat there quietly. I was slouched against the wall, my knees to my chest, head buried in between my joints. Bofur and Kili came wandering in, and when they saw me, a look of worry and distraught was etched upon their faces.

"Araënd? What happened, lassie?" Asked Bofur. I lifted my head to look solemnly into his eyes, sniffling as I did so. Kili crouched next to me, putting an arm around my shoulder in consolation.

"Nothing! Nothing's wrong with me," I choked out, putting on a smile once I rubbed my tears away with my sleeve.

I proceeded to start throwing my manuscripts and books into my bag, frustration and fear boiling inside me. The feeling of betrayal was so evident on my face that the Dwarves could see it right through me.

"Something is wrong," Opined Kili, "Why the feigned smile?

Please log in to read the full chapter