The One I Could Call King

Through The Mist Of The Mountain, I See You (Rewrite!)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Bilbo Baggins was running.

I could see the Hobbit in the distance, who came rushing out of his Hobbit home, carrying a large travel pack and waving his contract in the air. I watched in amusement from behind the hills on my stallion, smiling to myself.

The gaffer saw Bilbo running as if he were chased by his infamous relatives the Sackville-Bagginses .

"where are you going Mister Baggins?" He called out after the Hobbit. Bilbo replied hurriedly as he leapt over the fence,

"I'm going on an adventure!!"

"He's a mad Hobbit, that Bilbo Baggins," Added another hobbit, staring at Bilbo running with an air of  disgust and disapproval.

Bilbo ran like a madman, through the thickets of trees , down the roads past Bywater and the Green Dragon Inn till he spotted me and the others, who were preparing to leave with Gandalf at our head.

"Wait for me!!!" He cried, panting. Bilbo waved the contract under their noses. "I signed it," He said as he passed it to Balin who gave a grin.

"Everything appears to be in order.... Welcome to the company of Thorin Oakensheild, my dear Master Baggins!" Replied Balin. 

"Get him a pony," Sneered Thorin, before continuing on his way.

 

 

 

 

Nightfall came, and we had settled near the edge of the cliffs.

I sat near the ponies, staring at Gloin who was inhaling and exhaling flies as he snored in his slumber. There was a sudden scream that echoed in the night, a shrill scream that made the hairs on my arms stand on end.

Bilbo, who was feeding his dear Pony,  ran over to Fili and Kili's side, a worried look on his face.

"What was that noise?"

"Orcs," Said Kili darkly. Thorin jerked awake when he heard the word 'Orc', and looked at Kili.

"The Lowlands are crawling with them,  those throat-cutters," Murmured Fili, staring into the flames of the fire that the other Dwarves had made before that.

“They strike in the wee small hours, when everyone’s asleep." Continued Kili," Quick and quiet;

Please log in to read the full chapter