Chapter 2

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several days had passed, but Jung Woo still did not divulge to Hyowon the reason for her breakup. This left the younger dancer puzzled, as Jung Woo usually shared everything with her. Hyowon thought the topic might be too distressing for her unnie to discuss and chose to respect her silence. They became preoccupied with their participation in SWF in the months that followed, causing the topic of Jung Woo's breakup to fade into the background.

The teasing and speculation among their friends about their potential romance had died down when Jung Woo was in a relationship, only to resurging strongly after the breakup. When SWF was over, the two dancers, their crew, Prowdmon, and all the other dancers that participated in the show became quite well-known. Finally, the dancers and choreographers get the spotlight and respect they all deserve.

After the show ended, they resumed their regular routine, managing the OFD dance studio together, teaching dance to their students, and creating choreography for idols. However, returning to their jobs after the show was not the same as before. Besides gaining fame and receiving more opportunities, like product endorsements, another noticeable change in Jungwoo and Hyowon's lives was that, this time, it wasn't just their friends are shipping them as a real couple. They gained themselves a fandom that extended internationally, passionately hoping for their romantic pairing.

They became regular guests on TV talk shows and variety programs, appearing together as a duo. Audiences adored their natural chemistry, their dorkiness, reveled in the recounts of their daily lives, and praised their charismatic presence and dancing prowess. Jung Woo's wise and articulate demeanor and insightful sentiments left hosts, viewers, and even Hyowon herself in awe. The younger always admired the older's way of thinking above all the other things she admired about Jung Woo.

With their frequent television appearances, it was inevitable that questions about their real relationship would pop up. Despite their insistence that their relationship is only platonic, the profound connection between the two was evident. The natural ease in their interactions, display of affection, accurate understanding of each other's behavior, constant teasing and chaotic banter, huge fights, and giving of gifts to reconcile, along with the older frequently scolding the younger out of immense worry, further fueled the rumor about them dating. Fans and friends alike quipped that they were soulmates; many wanted the kind of relationship that they have.

At times during TV interviews, despite the concept of homouality still being a general taboo in SoKor, some hosts dared to step over boundaries by directly questioning if their relationship extended beyond mere friendship. It's like the entire Republic of South Korea and other countries in Asia already expected them to be dating because, for goodness sake, they have already been living together for several years. It seemed like the only thing missing was the confirmation from the two people being shipped. Unfortunately, despite what the general public perceives, the two are merely friends. Hyowon consistently rebuffed any insinuations, vehemently emphasizing that the notion of her and Jung Woo being an 'old married couple' should be dismissed. Jung Woo, on the other hand, remained unruffled by the persistent teasing. She seemed to find joy in playfully ribbing Hyowon alongside the hosts or simply chuckling at how people loved to pair them together. Unlike Hyowon, Jung Woo never explicitly denied the speculations, letting the rumors hang in the air without affirmation.

***

"Hyowon-ah, tell me honestly, do you feel uncomfortable when they ship us as a couple?" The older dancer inquired after their TV show appearance, where once again the real status of their relationship was questioned. While the younger found it challenging to broach the topic, Jung Woo, in her typical fashion, was more direct.

"Of cour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter