Chapter 5

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as their leader left, all eyes turned to Hyowon.

"What?" she asked, feigning ignorance. The Prowdmon members, whom they affectionately called 'kids,' approached her hungry for details.

"So, what’s going on with you and Nika-Unnie?" Kayday was the first to ask, drawing nods of agreement from the others.

Hyowon sighed. "Is it that obvious, huh?"

"Oh, very obvious," Rosy responded matter-of-factly.

In an unfortunate turn of events for Hyowon, the kids teamed up, taking turns ribbing her regarding her Jung Woo situation.

"I'd rather suffer the cringe of Nika and Hyowon-unnie shamelessly flirting in front of us than see them ignore each other," HamG remarked, the tone tinged with concern, although Hyowon couldn't quite discern whether it was genuine worry or the girl was just simply teasing her. Nonetheless, HamG was making a valid point. The two of them not speaking to each other could jeopardize Prowdmon’s performances.

"Yeah, 'cringe' is the right word," Kayday chimed in swiftly, as anticipated from the jester of their crew. Kayday is perhaps the only one, aside from Hyowon herself, who has the guts to make fun of Monika. And that is bold of her, because even Hyowon herself oftentimes walks on eggshells around their leader.

The said girl was corroborating HamG’s ‘cringe’ description. "I've almost lost my appetite over the past few weeks because of the unbearable cringe every time I hear Nika-unnie using her baby voice with Hyowon-unnie," she began. "But when she addresses us, ssaem becomes tough and intimidating. I couldn’t believe it was the same person."

The remark evoked snickers and affirming nods from the others. Despite Hyowon shooting them a pointed glare, the teasing persisted.  They wouldn't dare be so blunt about it when Monika was around, fearing her reprimand. Unfortunately for Hyowon, she was an easier target.

"I could use someone to feed me, even if my arms are perfectly functional." It was Rosy’s turn to poke fun at her. Rosy even comically wiggled her fully functional arms to accentuate her point. "Just like how Hyowon-unnie fed Nika-ssaem the last time we had dinner at their place." Laughter reverberated through the practice room, causing Hyowon to flush at the memory. Jung Woo has a tendency to get easily hyped during gatherings; she will spontaneously dance, do weird stuff, or talk non-stop, so much that she'll neglect her meals, prompting Hyowon to step in and ensure she eats. She believed it was a normal thing for friends to shove food into each other’s mouths.

 

When Hyowon presumed the teasing had run its course, Hyeiley turned to Dia, embracing her and loudly mimicking kisses, playfully saying, “Come here, my Sooni, I love you, Sonni-yah!”

"Yah! Enough!" Hyowon's face flushed with annoyance and embarrassment, resembling a ripe tomato, only serving to escalate the laughter among the kids. Eventually, they relented, giving Hyowon a break from their teasing.

However, the kids persisted in pestering her for the elusive details. Giving in to their persistence, they gathered in a circle. The kids were fully engrossed as their other teacher recounted the events of the previous night.

A series of "ooohs" and "ahhs" could be heard from the dancers, as Hyowon shared. She wasn’t asking for their sympathy, but the kids expressed their dismay at Jung Woo’s unwarranted behavior.

Of course, she intentionally sidestepped the reason for turning Minjun down and the undeniable affection she harbored for a certain leader—not that it was necessary because it was glaringly obvious to everyone, even those with impaired vision.

"If I were your girlfriend, Unnie, I'd be upset if you went on a date with a guy," Rosy expressed, appearing disappointed. "That’s cheating."

Kayday sighed, turning to Rosy. "I've told you, they aren't in a relationship, so Nika-Unnie has no right to be jealous."

Rosy noticed Hyowon agreeing with Kayday's statement, prompting her to confirm it. Though it is blatantly apparent that their teachers were very much in love with each other, to the point that it was somewhat sickening to witness, they weren't sure if the two had overcome their obliviousness to boldly confess their feelings and make their relationship official. "You aren’t in a relationship yet?

"No, we're not. What made you think that?"

Kayday’s face broke into a wide grin at Hyowon’s confirmation. "Yah! Rosy, you owe me iman won."  She joyfully nudged her friend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter