Chapter 26

What Family Means

“Donghae.”

                The boy looked up from watching his feet swing in and out of sight under the bench he was sitting on alone in the Police Station hallway.  Finding the source of the voice, his eyes broke into emotional wells at the sight of Leeteuk standing there.

                “Hyung,” he managed, standing up expectantly.

Leeteuk walked forward, reaching Donghae in four long strides and getting onto one knee to pull him into a fierce hug. 

“What were you thinking?” he demanded, as Donghae hugged him back. 

“I’m sorry,” the boy repeated profusely, working himself into quite a state.  “I really didn’t mean—”

                “Why did you leave the house?”  Leeteuk could hear the sharp edge in his words and was glad that it seemed to cover up the slight shaking of his voice.  He had never been more terrified in his life and he proved it by the intensity of his hold on Donghae.  It felt like his muscles had locked into squeezing the child to death, but Donghae was gripping him back just as tightly, like he was just as afraid of being separated again.

                “Why did you leave,” Leeteuk repeated, shaking Donghae a little to get him to answer. 

                “I wanted to get the rings and I was mad and it was stupid,” Donghae said.  Leeteuk could feel Donghae’s jaw moving against his shoulder and all of his own anger starting melting away at the vulnerability in the child’s voice.

                “What rings?” he wondered, his tone much softer, as he realized Donghae was on the verge of tears.

                “Yesung’s.”

                Putting his hands on Donghae’s shoulders and pushing him back so he could see his face, Leeteuk said, “I don’t understand. “

                Looking anywhere but Leeteuk’s eyes, Donghae explained in a quiet voice, “I heard Yesung and Heechul-hyung talking last night and Yesung said he missed his parents’ rings and I wanted to get them for him…”

                “What does this have to do with you leaving the house and then stealing?” Leeteuk insisted, nearly whispering the last word.  He’d already spoken to the officer.  He knew Donghae wasn’t going to be in any trouble for this, but he couldn’t believe his sweet Donghae would do that.  He forgot sometimes where he’d come from.  “If you needed something we could have gotten it for you,” Leeteuk continued as Donghae looked at the floor.  “You don’t have to do that kind of stuff anymore.” 

                “It’s not like that,” Donghae nearly whined. 

                “Then help me understand.” 

                Donghae bashfully explained, “Yesung left his parents; rings where he used to live and I know if I had had something of my parents’ I wouldn’t want to lose it and I wanted to get them for him and make it a surprise because I know you wouldn’t let me go if I told you,” Leeteuk fought to keep his distaste at Donghae’s deliberate attempt at deceiving him off of his face.  It was in the past now. 

The boy continued, “Well, I tried asking Yesung where he lived but he wouldn’t tell me.  I knew it was a warehouse…”

                “How did you know that?”

                “He said it that first day he stayed for dinner, remember?”

                Leeteuk didn’t remember, but he nodded like he did.  “Okay, so how does that lead to you being arrested?”

                Looking around uncomfortably, Donghae said, “Well, I snuck out of the house even though I didn’t know where I was going because I was mad.  I’m really sorry.  I shouldn’t have gotten so angry.” 

                “It’s okay,” Leeteuk dismissed with a wave of his hand.  “Just keep talking.”  He could sense a sort of reluctance in Donghae’s storytelling like he was trying to avoid getting to the point.  It wasn’t that he was upset with Donghae for taking so long, he just knew that if he let him, Donghae would never fully explain.

                “Okay, so I snuck out,” Donghae continued, “and I didn’t know exactly where to go, but I knew where there were a bunch of old warehouses and I decided that was a good place to start so I headed down some of the streets I…you know…used to sort of live on.” Leeteuk was more moved by the sense of shame Donghae had than anything else. 

                “Anyway, I guess I probably shouldn’t have gone that way.  Do you remember how I told you about that group of kids that used to bother me?” 

                Leeteuk struggled to remember, but he pulled a slight memory out of his head of that first night Donghae had come to their home.  His knee had been scraped up because he’d jumped a stone wall…

                “I do,” he said and already realizing where this was going, his face softened.

Grinding the toe of his shoe into the ground, Donghae muttered, “I ran into them again.” 

“And they asked you to steal?”

Donghae just continued to stare at his shoes.

“Did they threaten you?”  Leeteuk asked gently.

Looking uncomfortable, Donghae nodded.  As much as he hated to think that anyone could be so harsh or forceful to his Donghae, a sense of utter relief washed over Leeteuk at this revelation.  Donghae had been forced to steal, it wasn’t his choice.  He wasn’t reverting; he wasn’t struggling to overcome his delinquent ways.  He was a good kid.  A good kid who’d snuck out of the house, he reminded himself, but a good kid.

A smile started to cross Leeteuk’s face at how ashamed of himself Donghae looked when he had barely done anything wrong (he was willing to forgive the sneaking out of the house for now).

“What?” Donghae whined, seeing Leeteuk’s smile. 

Instead of answering, Leeteuk just hugged Donghae again so he could hide the way he was starting to laugh.  “It’s nothing,” he said.

“It’s not funny,” Donghae pouted.

“I know, I know,” Leeteuk grinned, pulling back from the hug and looking the boy in the eyes, having managed to compose himself slightly.  Donghae still looked incredibly upset. 

“What is it?”

“Does this mean we can’t be a family anymore?”

Flabbergasted, Leeteuk wondered, “What made you think that?”

                “Cause I got in trouble with the police.”

                Shifting to his other knee, Leeteuk put his hand on Donghae’s arm and looked him dead in the eyes.  “Donghae,” he began, making sure the boy was entirely focused on what he was about to say next. “Of course we are still a family.  We will always be a family, even if the police say we aren’t, even if the President himself signed a law saying that we were not a family.  If God came down and told me we were not a family, I wouldn’t care.  I don’t really know what family means, but I do know that we are family.  You are and will always be, whether you want to be or not, a part of my strange little screwed up family which does stupid things and get angry at each other but then always forgives each other.  And I don’t want you to worry, because the police don’t know a thing and you’re not in trouble, okay?” 

                Donghae nodded and Leeteuk smiled slightly, taking the boy’s hands and swinging them slightly. 

                “You’re okay, right?”

                The boy nodded once more. 

                “And I’m okay, right?”

                Another nod. 

                The dimples on Leeteuk’s face almost touched his eyes and he finished, “Good, then there’s nothing to be af—”

                 “Park Jungsu?”

                Leeteuk’s blood ran cold and he dragged his eyes up from the pair of perfectly polished black shoes that had stopped a few feet away to the face of Officer Choi Siwon.  The horror on his face must have been misinterpreted as confusion by the officer, as Siwon then corrected himself: 

“Sorry, you prefer Leeteuk, right?  And hello again, Donghae.”

Neither Donghae nor Leeteuk answered his wide smile.  Leeteuk moved into a standing position, one hand protectively on Donghae’s shoulder, never taking his eyes off of the Officer in front of him.  Either Siwon was blind, or he purposefully ignored his icy reception.    

“What are you two doing here?” he asked with bright curiosity, somehow making the placement of his hands on his hips look manly.

“We were just leaving actually,” Leeteuk said with only a slight stuttering hesitation, he started to turn and steer Donghae along in front of him when he heard Siwon’s voice floating after them,

“How’s Yesung, by the way?” 

Leeteuk froze.  It was that tone again, that knowing tone.  Leeteuk turned back around and said, “Excuse me?” Despite the fast pace of his heart, he felt a new emotion mixing with his nervous fear, a sort of vague anger at the way this Officer seemed to be messing with him and his family. 

“He’s living with you now isn’t he?” Siwon said with a smirk.  “It’s interesting because you don’t actually know him, but—”

“Donghae,” Leeteuk said, boldly interrupting Siwon to address the boy looking up at him with uneasy confusion.  “Why don’t you stay here,” Leeteuk continued, indicating the bench, “while Officer Siwon and I have a quick chat, okay?”

Whatever game Siwon was playing, he didn’t want Donghae hearing it.  He was going to settle this once and for all.

“Just,” he finished instructing the boy, “stay put and don’t go anywhere.  Even if someone asks you to okay?  Just stay here.”  He knew it had been his stupid decision to confront Siwon, but he was suddenly afraid that if he left Donghae again, he wouldn’t be there when he got back.  He started to walk away, but kept looking at the boy.  He nodded reassuringly the whole way as he walked over until he was standing in front of Siwon who indicated they should head around the corner.  When they had done so, Siwon opened one of the many doors lining the hallway and suddenly not the talkative sort anymore, he gestured inside. 

Leeteuk confidently moved by the impossibly good looking man into the room, only faltering once he realized he’d just walked into an interrogation room.  He wondered if Siwon had done this on purpose or if the room just happened to be the most convenient place.

“It’s interesting, isn’t it?” Siwon said, getting down to business as soon as he’d closed the door behind him.

“What’s interesting?”

“That you don’t know Yesung but are willing to let him live with you.” 

“How do you know he’s living with me?”

“It’s especially interesting,” Siwon continued, ignoring Leeteuk’s question, “that you let him stay with you even after I told you that he was a forger.  You must be one kind hearted person, Park Leeteuk. Well, that or you already knew him,” Siwon said, a knowing look in his eyes.  “But that’s crazy right?  Why would you know or need to know a forger?”

Instead of being afraid as he had once been, Leeteuk actually felt himself growing tired of Siwon’s little games.  This was ridiculous.  This guy thought he was on to something, but if he had proof, he would have done something more effective by now than just raise his eyebrows in pleasure at his own cleverness.  Plus, there was nothing wrong with letting someone stay at your home.  Deciding it was useless to deny what Siwon seemed so confident about, Leeteuk allowed him to say what he really wanted to by prompting,  

“What is this about?”

“I know,” Siwon said simply, leaning against the door with cool ease.

“You know what?” Leeteuk demanded.

“Everything.”

“Oh really?” Leeteuk said, raising his eyebrow. 

“Donghae isn’t yours.” 

Leeteuk had to do everything in his power not to choke at Siwon’s revelation.  He hadn’t expected him to know that.  Yesung, yes, but not that.  How did he know?  Did he have proof?  How had he found out?  He thought of the papers, he thought of calling for backup, he thought of running out of the room, taking Donghae, and escaping to Russia, but instead, he swallowed his heavily beating heart and said with as calm a face as he could, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” 

“I guess I should start at the beginning then, Siwon said, walking past Leeteuk and going to sit against the metal table in the middle of the room. 

After a few moments in which Siwon seemed to be gathering his thoughts, the Officer said, “You see, two years ago or so when I first joined the police force, I was interned as the assistant to the liaison between the Child Protective Services and the Police Department.  It was a boring job they gave me because I was new.  I mostly did his paperwork.  One day I was going through the cases of kids who had disappeared from the foster care system—and there are more than you would think—and I was cross-referencing them with any police cases that might have matched up and I came across this one kid:  Kim Jongwoon. 

“I don’t know why exactly, but I just got a feeling about the case and I did a little research into it and found some suspicious information regarding his potential involvement with a number of unconfirmed cases.  I was intrigued, I’ll admit, so I asked my superior if I could pursue the case but he said only on my own time, because it wasn’t worth it.  So I followed the case, not much came of it for a while, but eventually I did track down the warehouse where this kid seemed to be doing his work and that’s when it got interesting.”

Siwon paused as if to study Leeteuk’s reaction and he was not disappointed.

“I tried to tell my superior that this kid was someone we should pay attention to,” Siwon continued, “After seeing the kind of people who seemed to be stopping in to say hi to him, I just knew something fishy was going on, but he said he had no time to do raids on a kid making fake IDs in his parents’ basement. 

“After that I kind of stopped paying so much attention to the case, though I still watched the warehouse occasionally when I had the time.  And I’m glad I did.  Because one day I was watching the warehouse when I saw two people going in and I couldn’t help but think that I recognized one of them.

“So more out of curiosity than anything I followed the two as they left the warehouse.  They went back to an apartment so, being the clever person that I am, I checked the address and found the lease and I saw your name on it.  I realized after that that I hadn’t seen you before, but I had seen someone close to you in the paper.  Your father owned the Park Foundation and nearly half the western part of the city, didn’t he?  You two look stunningly similar.”

Paling slightly, Leeteuk nodded.  He couldn’t very well deny it anyway, could he?  He had always considered himself cursed to carry his father’s name and face.  The only person in his family that had really mattered to him was his brother, and he’d lost him.  Now being Park Jungsu had come back to haunt him again.  It was why he’d started going by Leeteuk.  Ironically enough, there was nothing special about Leeteuk in the eyes of the world.

“Anyway,” Siwon moved on quickly, as if actually conscious about Leeteuk’s discomfort and hoping to relieve it, “I wondered what you might want from a forger for a long time.  I didn’t know your friend but I figured it could have something to do with her.”

“Him,” Leeteuk corrected without thinking.

Furrowing his eyebrows with impressive dexterity, Siwon asked, “Really?  Cause from a distance I…Well, my apologizes, I guess that’s beside the point.  I had actually decided to drop the case seeing as I wasn’t getting any support from the department and I was beginning to worry I would look obsessed if I continued to focus on it.

Leeteuk subtly rolled his eyes at this.  Siwon already looked a little more than obsessed.

“And as fate would have it, I was brought back to the case anyway.  Really, I think God always intended me to follow through with this one, because I’m sitting in my cruiser one day and I hear they need an Officer to stop by the hospital to check out a stabbing, and I was free and close by so I said I’d take it.  So I show up, and who’s there but Kim Jongwoon, or I guess Yesung as he goes by now.  And even more interesting, who else was there but the very same Park Jungsu I’d  seen before. 

“Up until then I still hadn’t realized why you had gone to him.  I’d thought maybe stocks or insurance or something, that is until that day in the hospital when I saw you with Donghae, and suddenly I knew.  Because Park Jungsu’s only brother died, and that boy you were holding wasn’t yours.  There was no way.  I did the research, and I saw the records and they seemed legitimate, but you see, I work for the CPS still.  I took over the liaison position this year and I would know if we’d had a recent adoption case.  But we didn’t.  So, I guess my only question is:  What happened?” 

Leeteuk knew his whole face had gone red.  His guilt and his fear were making his skin crawl.  Why was this guy telling him all this.  What was the point of just torturing him?  If he was going to do anything, he should just end it quickly.  As he thought of ending he felt panicked.  They couldn’t take Donghae away.  It suddenly occurred to him that there might be a reason Siwon seemed to be keeping this to himself.  Maybe he was hoping to get some money out of the whole deal.

When Leeteuk didn’t give him an answer, Siwon said, “It’s weird how our stories keep combining like this.  I ran into your friend again today when I was out patrolling.  I’d stopped checking on the warehouse when I realized no one was using it anymore, but imagine my surprise when I saw your friend walking away from the warehouse district again this morning.” 

Leeteuk’s panic was relieved for a moment as he stopped to wonder what Siwon was talking about.  He didn’t want to ask if it was Donghae, because somehow even saying Donghae’s name to Siwon felt like falling into a trap.  He opened his mouth but couldn’t get any words to come out. 

“The one you went to the warehouse with the first time,” Siwon clarified, reading his mind.  “He was coming from there again today.” 

The look of confusion that froze on Leeteuk’s face alerted Siwon to the fact that he didn’t know this particular fact. 

“Interesting,” he said, “I followed him out of curiosity and he ended up going back toward your place.  I would have stuck around but I heard they’d made an arrest over the radio and I just.” he shrugged, “I got a feeling I should come back here.  Seems I was right.”

Leeteuk’s body took a moment to catch up with his brain as he slowly cycled through the ton of thoughts swirling in his head.  Donghae had said he’d overheard Heechul and Yesung talking.  Had Heechul disappeared to the warehouses this morning?  And what the heck was he thinking going back there?  Didn’t he know what danger meant? And what was Siwon doing following his family home?  What was Siwon doing practically stalking his family?  And why had he kept all of this knowledge to himself?  Leeteuk knew he hadn’t told anyone else.  Siwon was talking like a man who was too proud of himself to share the fun with another Officer.  Was he bragging?  What other reason would he have for telling him all of this directly?  Well, he wasn’t going to stand for it.  A fiery anger started boiling in his veins.  This guy had no right to mess with his family.

“Listen,” he snapped.  “I don’t know who you think you are, but if you think for a moment that you’re going to come after my family, you’ve got another thing coming.  My roommate’s a lawyer and I have way too much free time on my hands so if you even try to touch any one of my family members, I will make sure you…”

Much to Leeteuk’s surprise Siwon threw his hands up in a pacifying show of surrender.

He seemed, annoyingly, amused, but his words were genuine when he said, “It’s okay.  I understand.” 

                Still feeling defensive, Leeteuk demanded, “Understand what?”

                “What you’re doing.  Why you’re doing it.”  Shifting his position, Siwon continued, “I’ve seen the system and I know how it works, or rather doesn’t work.  I know why you did what you did.” 

                Not sure how he should react to this, Leeteuk lowered the hand he was still pointing at Siwon and asked,

                “You do?”

                Siwon nodded, folding his arms but looking significantly less threatening.  “Sometimes the system gets in the way instead of helps, right?”

                Leeteuk was too afraid to agree.  Police officers didn’t just tell you that the law was stupid.   

                “How did this end up happening?” Siwon asked, clearly asking about the Donghae situation, “Completely off the record of course.” 

                Leeteuk figured there was no use in lying.  He’d already damned himself beyond saving already, so he admitted, “I found Donghae a little more than a month ago,” he stopped.  It really had only been a little more than a month.  “He was living on his own,” Leeteuk then continued the story.  “I don’t know where he came from, but he says his parents are dead and he’d been on the street for almost a year.  I guess I was never going to turn him over to the police. . .I thought I would, but I just. . . I didn’t want to lose him in the system.  I knew the odds of me being able to keep him were slim.  Who’s going to let a kid live with a single 24 year old, but. . .”

                He looked at Siwon, searching for some kind of sympathy.  “I just knew that he was supposed to be with us.  Is that crazy?”

                “No,” Siwon said confidently and reassuringly, “God works in weird ways, sometimes.  And  I’m not saying we should get rid of the system altogether.  There’s a reason it’s in place but sometimes, you can just look at something:  like the way you look at Donghae and know that it’s right.”  

                If it was possible, Leeteuk felt even more uncomfortable than when Siwon had been acting all boastful and threatening.  Now Leeteuk wasn’t sure what to think. 

                “Why are you doing this?” he asked at last with genuine curiosity. 

                “Because the system is broken and I’ve seen too many lives get screwed up by it and I’m just looking for a victory.  I want to have a win.  I want what you want:  I think that Donghae needs you and that you need him and I think messing with that would be criminal.”    

                There was no doubt as to Siwon’s genuineness.  It was in his eyes.  He wasn’t lying.  Leeteuk just had no clue what the implications of this were. 

                “What are you saying?”

                Siwon smiled, but it wasn’t the kind of smile he’d been affecting earlier.  This was his real smile.  “I’m going to help you do this.  The way I see it, taking Donghae away from you would do more harm than good.”

“So…” Leeteuk prompted, feeling his heart starting to beat with wild, desperate hope.

“So, what I’m going to do is, I’m going to work to make this legal.  I’m going to work to make sure you get all the real paperwork and that Donghae can stay with you.  And, if you were curious, I’m not going to press charges against Yesung or anything.  I never wanted to get him in trouble.  I was more worried about his clients.  I’m just glad he’s got a family now too.”

Completely blown away, Leeteuk couldn’t do anything but stutter, unable to comprehend the unbelievable thing that Siwon seemed to be promising him.  “B—but why?  I—“

Smiling at Leeteuk’s graciousness, Siwon explained, “I told you, I need this as much as you. There are rules, though, I’m not just giving this to you for free.”

“Anything,” Leeteuk said, before he realized what he was potentially doing.  He thought that Siwon seemed genuine, but it seemed so impossible.  The police weren’t just supposed to help you break the law. 

“Good, then three things.  First of all, no more picking people up off the streets.”  Siwon said this with a laugh and Leeteuk couldn’t help but breathe a slight laugh as well.  “I’m your new friend in all of this, okay?  If you see any more kids just walking around you call me.  Despite your prior experience, kids are not puppies, you can’t just take them in off the streets.” 

Leeteuk nodded, more than willing to accept those terms and slowly warming up to Siwon’s change of attitude.  He realized that Siwon had apparently been trolling him since they met, but he didn’t care.  The gift that he was promising to give him made up for all of it.  He could keep Donghae and not be afraid anymore of the phone call or the knock on the door. 

“Second of all.  I want you to start taking Donghae to see a child psychologist.  If this was a standard situation, that would be the procedure, so I want to maintain as much normalcy as we can fake, okay?” 

At the word fake, Leeteuk understood that Siwon was actually going to be breaking the law for him.

“I appreciate this, you don’t even know, but I don’t want you getting on trouble on my behalf, I barely know you.” 

Siwon scoffed in amusement and said, “I am the law.  Really, if I make an exception on this, no one will question it.  Might not be technically right, but it’s going to be legit.  I promise, you don’t have to worry again.  And I mean it about taking Donghae to a psychiatrist.  I know a guy who works with the department and I trust him completely.  He’s the best, if you ask me.”

Leeteuk agreed to this second term.  It was easy enough even if he didn’t really think it was necessary.

“Okay, and third thing:  You owe me one.”

Leeteuk started laughing, because it was so…silly, but Siwon insisted while still smiling,

“I mean it.  One day you’re going to get a call from me.”

Leeteuk wondered what kind of favor he could possibly do for a police officer, but he didn’t care right now.  He’d figure that out later.

“And that’s all you’re asking for?” Leeteuk wondered.  He couldn’t imagine how there wasn’t a loophole. 

“Yeah, I mean, pretty much,” Siwon shrugged. 

“I would thank you,” Leeteuk said, feeling much more comfortable around Siwon now, “but you scared the crap out of me.”

Siwon laughed, practically biting his finger nail like a child.  “Well, I couldn’t let you get away with breaking the law without at least messing with you a little bit.  I knew your heart was in the right place, though.”

“Did you?”

“Just a feeling.”

Leeteuk raised a skeptical eyebrow and Siwon admitted, “That and I can’t think of many evil, insidious people concerned about their kids’ education”

“The school records?”

Siwon nodded. 

“Is there anything else or. . . “

“Well, yeah, a bit but for now…” Siwon looked deliberately from Leeteuk to the door.  Excited, Leeteuk went over and started to open it, stopping to turn around and say, “You know what?  Thank you, so much, for. . .”

“You can get all sappy later, Leeteuk.  Donghae’s waiting.” 

Leeteuk wanted to laugh at Siwon’s clichéd words, but instead he felt a flash of excitement.  Walking out into the hallway, Leeteuk wasted no time in going back to where Donghae was sitting on the bench.  In a bizarre echo of events only a short time ago, Donghae saw Leeteuk and jumped up.  A wide grin spread across Leeteuk’s face and he walked over quickly, literally swinging Donghae into a hug.

Donghae shouted in surprised and hit Leeteuk’s arm as soon as he’d been set back down.  “What was that for!” he demanded. 

“That was for me,” Leeteuk laughed, “because you know what?”

“What?” Donghae asked cautiously, concerned about Leeteuk’s apparent mood swing. 

“Siwon and I had a talk, and everything’s going to be okay.  We’re going to get to be a real family.”

Donghae’s eyes grew wide.  “Wait, you mean like. . . like I don’t have to lie to people or be careful about…”

Leeteuk was already shaking his head happily.  “You don’t.”

Instead of reacting with explosive excitement like Leeteuk had expected, Donghae just continued to stare at him in confusion.  After a moment it seemed to be settling in and Donghae moved backward, finding the bench again and sitting down heavily. 

“You okay?”  Leeteuk asked, breathing a laugh. 

Donghae just stared at him in disbelief, his eyes wide and his mouth hanging open slightly.

Leeteuk threw a look over his shoulder at Siwon who returned his look with a pleased shrug.

“You going to be okay there, Donghae?” Siwon asked the boy. 

Donghae looked up at him, with that utter disbelief still plastered on his face and just sort of mouthed, “Thank you.” 

Looking moved, Siwon deflected the thanks, “You should thank Leeteuk.  He’s the hero here.  I’m just helping.” 

“Leeteuk-hyung,” Donghae said.

The blonde man gave his attention back to the boy. 

“Does this mean I can start calling myself Lee Donghae again?”

Breathing a laugh, Leeteuk said, “I guess it does.” 

“Good, because Park Donghae sounds weird.”

Shaking his head in wonder that this was the first thing the boy had thought of, Leeteuk pushed his shoulder to guide him to stand again. 

“In that case,” he said, turning back to Siwon, “If it’s okay, can Mr. Lee Donghae and I go home?”

Siwon started to nod, stopped and scrambled with his pockets, pulling out a small card.  “Yes,” he said, handing over the card, “but that’s my number.  Keep in touch.  If you don’t, then I will.” 

He winked to lighten the mood, but Leeteuk knew he was serious and tucked the card away in his pocket.  Then, Siwon bent down to Donghae’s level and offered his hand.  Still somewhat in a daze, Donghae accepted the high five.

“You two have a nice day,” Siwon said with a little salute, before turning away to walk off down the hallway. 

“Thank you,” Leeteuk called after him, then looked down at the boy under his arm. 

“Come on, Donghae,” he said, “I’ll explain everything in the car.  Oh, and you’re still in trouble for sneaking out.” 

Donghae whined a complaint, but he did so with a smile as they headed toward the exit and home.


A/N  PERSONAL VICTORY!!! Except not because I already wrote this authors note and it got deleted.  Long story short.  I hope this isn't too confusing and I apologize for the lack of extensive editing and feel free to get all confused and ask me things cause I realize...yeah. XD <3 

Anyway, SebApples has been sitting here for 4 hours while I finished this so thanks to her. XD <3

And also Thanks to f(X)'s Electric Shock for making it SUPER HARD TO CONCENTRATE! O.O XD <3

And comment and subscribe and all those things I really don't need to tell you to feel free to do because you already do anyway and I'm just ...the luckiest author ever.

And I just love you all :) <3