Chapter 4 : TASK ONE | Shopping

Candy Alliance : Maknae Protection Program
Please log in to read the full chapter


"Noona.. Are we seriously doing this?"

Jihyo almost rolled her eyes at her dongsaeng's question. Based on their discussion, Jihyo would take Kwangsoo shopping for some necessities and since Jaesuk thought Kwangsoo should live his new life to the fullest, the candy alliance couple plotted behind him to also buy some dresses, skirts and cosmetics. Upon arriving at the mall, Jihyo confessed to Kwangsoo about the whole plan and the actor shook his head, disapproving. "Is Jaesuk hyung crazy? I'm not going anywhere so why would we need dresses and stuffs?" he pouted, mentally cursing his happy-go-lucky hyung. "If you don't wanna pick them yourselves, I'll pick them for you and trust me, Kwangsoo-ah, I'm not gonna be nice, " Jihyo smirked devilishly and pushed the cart as fast as she could, heading to the girls' clothing section. Kwangsoo had no other choice than chasing after her as he was still afraid of the whole situation.

"Okay, pink or white?" Jihyo picked two floral dresses and held them each at her sides, raising an eyebrow to gesture Kwangsoo to make a choice. "Aisy, noona," he sighed in annoyance, taking the white dress and putting it into their cart. So far, they had three dresses, some skirts and blouses (the blouses weren't a part of the plan but Jihyo thought Kwangsoo would look good in one so she bought them anyway). "Now, let's go get some cosmetics for you, hm?" Jihyo said excitedly, taking Kwangsoo's hand in hers and skipped to the cosmetics section. The actor could swear he had never seen his noona this happy during shopping -- maybe she just loved doing it for others but not herself? And besides, maybe she was also thrilled since they were using Jaesuk's card to pay for all of these.

"Hey, why don't we give Jaesuk hyung a call?" Kwangsoo stopped Jihyo in her tracks. "Hurm?" Jihyo glanced at him, confused as she ran her fingers over some lipglosses. She then took the testers and ran each of them smoothly on her palm to test the colour of them, trying to find the right one for her dongsaeng. "I mean, I'm worried thinking about him working out with Jongkook hyung," Kwangsoo shuddered at his thought which made Jihyo laughed. "I'm sure he'll be fine, they do work out together from time to time, " she shrugged it off, picking two lipglosses which satisfied her. "But you can call him if you want to. We can update how our shopping's going too," Jihyo took a bottle of perfume tester which the brand was familiar to her, opened the lid and smelled the scent. "Hmm, nice as expected," nodding, she placed a box of that perfume into their cart. Kwangsoo shook his head at the sight of her noona, dialed in Jaesuk's number and gave him a call instead.

~~~

Jaesuk took a deep breath as he stepped into the very familiar gym. It wasn't like this was his first time working out with Jongkook but for some reason he felt nervous. He felt like he would stutter or failed to lie about Kwangsoo's no-show with his bad acting. Although Jongkook and Jaesuk seemed like rivals in Running Man, always disagreeing and bickering with each other, they were actually extremely close in real life. They had done two shows together prior to Running Man and they basically knew everything about each other ; likes, dislikes, ideal type, you name it ! Thus, Jaesuk was terrified his dongsaeng would catch him lying just by making eye contact.

"Annyeonghaseyo !"
"Ohh, Yoo Jaesuk-ssi, hello !"

Jaesuk shook every hand held out for him and bowed at every man w

Please log in to read the full chapter