Six

The Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She was stunning. He knew that already but after hours of angry conversations and endless frustrations, they both looked exhausted and he had been rightfully distracted.

 

But now, now the air around them had changed. He had nowhere to look; no distractions, nothing to sedate the feeling that kept creeping up every time he looked at her. She was the only thing in his line of vision and he couldn’t help but gawk. Even her previously disheveled hair was now tamer and looked incredibly y with this dress. “Uh—do you think that’s a good idea?” He wanted to tell her she looked beautiful but a compliment while she wore clothes bought by that maniac seemed ill-advised. Now that everything was starting to sink in, he started to think that maybe they shouldn’t hunt down a man like Ji Hoon.

 

“I have to do this. He needs to think that I’m being submissive.” She lifted her dress and stuck out a leg. Jong kook nearly had a heart attack.

 

“But I’m going in strapped. He won’t see it coming.” She showed off her makeshift holster that held a gun and a knife. This was the best course of action; she was sure of it.

 

He had to admit that it was very savvy. Once again he wondered if she was in fact just a marketing manager. “It does look very bad- but I don’t think it’s a good idea.” He was scared. Scared of how sure she seemed of herself and her plan.

 

“Well I do—Wait until you see how good I am at shooting a gun.” She winked as she started searching the place again. Her head was back in the game and no matter what jong kook said or did, he knew he wouldn’t change her mind. He just needed to be there to make sure she survived.

 

“We should get rid of our own phones.” He said while looking around for anything these men can use to cover themselves. He pulled what looked like a sheet and burned it too.

 

“Do you know where that address is? Won’t we need gps?” They were in the middle of nowhere. Korea had a lot of terrain that looked exactly like this. She could not tell you where the hell they were.

 

“My car has a built-in gps. Write down the phone numbers that are most important to you on a piece of paper when we get back in the car. He has your number and can track you.” They needed to be smart.

 

“What phone number did you give him when you tracked down my identity?” She hated being reminded of what he did. For a moment there it really felt like they were a team. Just the two of them. He kidnapped you.

 

He thought for a second. “The one that ended with 6776. I don’t remember the whole thing.”

 

She smiled slightly, happy something worked in her favor. “We can get rid of your phone. I changed my number a month ago. He doesn’t have this one and by the time he figures it out it will be too late. Plus we need to ditch this car at the bottom of a river somewhere. We might need to take a few taxis.”

 

In this very moment he found himself massively attracted to her once again. She was quick on her feet. She looked so y rattling off that entire plan. He blinked and tried to concentrate. Whatever he was feeling was not relevant. Either way he doubted the woman he had put in harm’s way would ever consider a date with him. He just needed to focus and get them out of this safely. “Good idea.” He stared for a little longer than he needed and then got it together. “Let’s go.”

 

Once in the car, he was silent. He just drove and drove. Jihyo was so focused on her mission that she didn’t notice that he had grown quieter until this very moment. “Everything alright?” He just gave her a look. “You’re nervous aren’t you?”

 

He nodded. “You’d have to be insane not to be nervous. I just hope he’s alone. If he has this many armed men with him in that cabin, we are ed.”

 

Ji hyo considered. “I doubt he has more than a couple. After p all, he was shooting for a romantic weekend with the woman he had kidnapped.” She shot him a look. “We just have to outsmart him and get rid of those men before he catches on.”

 

The entire car ride she had devised a whole plan. Once again jong kook wondered about her name change and if she was just a regular citizen. Her plan sounded impeccable.

 

 

Following her plan, they ditched the car five miles before reaching the cabin. They took a taxi and paid with cash. Jong kook felt proud of himself for carrying cash at a time when everyone us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter