One

The Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Numerous times before, she had proclaimed, today is the worst day of my life! And sure, maybe that day was terrible and deserved to be called as such but Ji hyo was now convinced that all those previous worst days were merely child’s play. Today was in fact the worst day of her life.

 

She felt the pressure of the hard tape on and fought against the zip tie holding her hands behind her back. . She was finally becoming aware of her surroundings and she was panicking. Her eyes were heavy and groggy and she figured he must’ve knocked her out.

She thought she had been mishearing for sure. Why am I hearing music? Maybe she was more out of it than she thought. Surely this man is not listening and singing along to Whitney Houston as he kidnaps a woman. She looked over at him and he was completely engrossed in the song. Are you ing kidding me? She tried to make noise through the tape but the music was way too loud.

 

She studied him for a second. His body was surely made for this type of job. Just his arms alone were massive. She thought that maybe she could fight him off but that plan was quickly thrown out the window. He could easily crush her. She tried to make noise to get his attention again but the tape made it impossible. He must’ve heard her over the music because he reached over and in one swift movement ripped the tape from and then lowered the volume. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to make this uncomfortable for you. I was told you’re a screamer so I had to cover all my bases until we got far enough that not a single soul would hear you.” He smiled at her like he meant it and she instantly became even more terrified. He’s a psychopath. A true Psychopath.

 

Then her heart started raising. She could very clearly see his face. In fact, she could see his tattoos too. He wasn’t trying to hide anything from her. That could only mean one thing: he fully intended to shut her up for good. me.

 

“Listen, whoever put you up to this…you don’t have to tell me anything. I won’t even report this. I’ll just forget about it. I’ll move on and pretend I never saw you and this never happened if you just let me go.” Her tone was pleading and fearful.

 

“Nope, can’t do. You have another offer?” He asked while looking straight ahead and tapping his fingers on the steering wheel, seemingly enjoying his music.

 

“Okay, I uh—I will pay you double, no triple! what you’re being paid! But please let me go. I don’t know who put you up to this but I think there’s been a mistake.” Who in their right mind would want to hurt her? She was in her 40s, lived alone with her pet dog, had a cozy job that paid extremely well and minded her business. Who would go through the trouble of kidnapping her and for what? Money. It must be for money.

 

“He’s paying me 6.5 billion won. You got triple that?” He knew she probably didn’t but why not have some fun in the meantime.

 

Who the has that type of money and why waste it on her? “What? Who the wants me dead that badly?” She thought about every single person in her life who could afford that and not a single name popped up. She was now convinced there had been a mistake. “Look are you sure you got the right woman? I’m a nobody. I can’t imagine that—”

 

“Cheon seong Im, now Song Ji hyo, Born august 15, 1981 in Pohang. You’re a marketing manager. You make good money but not enough to pay for your release so even if I wanted to consider it, it’s not an option. I am sure I have the right woman. It’s a bit of a pity. When I saw your picture I immediately liked your face. You have a nice face. I studied it for a while so I know for sure that I’ve got the right woman. I can clearly see the beauty marks on your neck and they match the picture perfectly.” He was detail-oriented. Jong kook looked at her for a brief second and regretted causing the fear in her eyes. It was expected though.

 

Ji hyo panicked again and tried to compromise. She needed this man to let her go. She didn’t even care about an explanation. She didn’t even need to know who did this. She just needed to escape. “Okay so you like my face! You can have it!” She blurted out. She moved her body a bit and struggled with the seatbelt holding her in place. She almost wanted to laugh. If he was going to kill her anyway, why bother with a seatbelt?

 

He slowed down. “What do you mean?” He asked curiously.

 

“You can have me. All of me…you know ually if that’s what it takes. I promise I’ll do whatever you want! Just please let me go!” She was crying now. The thought of putting her body up as collateral was horrible but at least she might get to live. If this man likes her face, surely he liked the rest of her.

 

He let out a heavy sigh. “ I don’t do that. I’m not going to you.” He was offended that she thought he would take her up on that offer.

 

Her voice had grown high and more desperate. “No listen, but I’m offering. It won’t be if I’m offering!” She knew it was all semantics at this point. Of course it would be.

 

“I only have with women who are attracted to me. This—it would be . You’re in no position to consent. You’re bargaining for your life. It’s useless so please stop. The deal has been made and I have to follow through. Someone who can afford 6.5 billion won on a random weekday is not someone I want to over. And for the record, I would never anyone.” He hoped she would stop now. He was starting to regret this whole evening. Making this type of money in one night seemed like a dream. He has never kidnapped anyone before and he certainly hoped he didn’t have to hurt her in any way. He just wanted his payment and to be left alone. Just think of your mother. You have to do this. You’re not a terrible person jong kook.

 

She grew increasingly upset now. “What the ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter