Part 3

THE SEA AND ITS SECRETS
Please log in to read the full chapter

"We were in marlon to deliver the black opal when we were offered the deal to bring in painite and a gem virtuoso. We did agree but even before we could begin to search, you already showed up on the ship. In the beginning all of us wanted to go with the original plan but trust me since the day you saved my life all of that has changed. I.. I know how heartbreaking it is for you but trust me now, in this very moment neither do i nor does anybody from the crew want to give you away. I promise I will figure something out we won't let anything happen to you." Baekhyun explained her everything.

She removed her hands from his grasp.

"Stand up." She commanded him.

"I don't trust you baekhyun I don't know how to trust you anymore." She replied with a stray tear falling from her left eye.

"I don't know how to make you trust me again but I promise to take you to Mayfield as promised."baekhyun said with determination in his eyes.

He took out a  pocket knife and cut through his palm letting the blood fall onto the ground. Vowing to her in the pirate terms.

"I promise to you Ms. Alayah èrcel that I Byun baekhyun captain of the ship exodus will safely provide you a passage till Mayfield at any cost." Baekhyun said.

Alayah knew that this way of pirate promises meant that the said pirate if breaks his promise could be publicly executed. She knew that baekhyun had taken a great risk so she decided to give him a chance.

The entire crew of exodus sat in their meeting hall below the deck except alayah, she mostly kept to her room nowadays, she only came out to eat, she minimised her interaction with everyone especially Baekhyun. She did not even look at him anymore which made his heart ache everytime.

"What do we do now baekhyun? we have everything we need yet we cannot give it to them." Jongdae said.

"I think we should just give the gems to them and tell them nothing about alayah." Chanyeol added.

"No but then the question will arise as to how we found the gems without a gem virtuoso." Lay replied to chanyeol.

"We can just tell them that we were the ones who mined everyday for hours and we were lucky enough to find the painite. We should make it look like we did not require  a gem virtuoso." Junmyeon said.

"Well I agree since we never really began the search for her there will be no proof of us actually searching for her, so they will know that we don't have the  gem virtuoso." Jongin replied.

"You know all of these reasonings are pretty maybe we can just mix all of them up and brew a lie." Baekhyun finally spoke.

They finally left the hall and took there positions back in the ship. Alayah came on the deck looking for kyungsoo. When she finally found him she went and stood next to him.

"So somebody finally decided to bless us with her presence."kyungsoo .

He was the only one she was really talking to.

"Do you want me to go back?" She asked slightly irritated.

"No.. no please stay, so what happened? If its baekhyun let me tell you he really is very sorry i think he really likes you."kyungsoo said calmly.

"I'm not here for baekhyun. It's just that I was going through your treasure chest when chanyeol and sehun took me along with them and I found this particular crate which had fake coins in it. So I wanted to ask if you people did fake coin business as well? Isn't that illegal." Alayah asked.

Please log in to read the full chapter