Part 2 of the oneshot

THE SEA AND ITS SECRETS
Please log in to read the full chapter

 Baekhyun brought her back into the ship and gently laid her in her Chambers. He took hold of the of the gem and moved towards the deck where everyone was waiting.

"Damn she really found the stone" jongin exclaimed.

"What now?" Chanyeol asked

"For now we keep her by our side by assuring her that we will give her the passage to Mayfield until we find painite then we will hand her over."baekhyun replied.

"But hyung she trusted us how can we literally back stab her and wouldn't it be nice for us to have her by our side our trade could flourish even more. Don't you think so?" jongin said.

"Jongin having her by our side is even more trouble. It's better to get done with the job that we have been assigned." Baekhyun replied sternly.

"Alright let's take a vote how many of you want her to leave with the shipment and how many of you actually are in favour of the whole passage thing." Kyungsoo  asked all of them.

Everyone voted in favour of her being handed over except chanyeol and jongin they genuinely wanted her to make it to Mayfield.

Only 9 more days were left until they reached the beryl sea. They were all standing in the captains chamber around the round table.

The map of the sea was perched on the table with baekhyun standing in the middle and the rest of the crew along with alayah standing around him.

"Right now we are here, it will take 9 more days until we reach there." He pointed the points on the map with his finger. "We must be prepared as there seems to be a storm ahead though exodus is prepared for every obstacle but still precautions are necessary chanyeol, jongin and sehun prepare the sails kyungsoo take care of the anchor, the rest of you know what to do and alayah you stay with me are we clear?" Baekhyun said.

"Alright captain" everyone said in unison.

----------‐----------------------------------------------

The night had already come, the ocean was pitch balck there was not a speck of light except the one from there own lanterns. Alayah stayed in her cabin eventhough the crew had warmed up to her after somedays baekhyun was still cold towards her. She did not mind tho since she would be with them only for a little while. She had really become close to kyungsoo and chanyeol among everyone they really were little balls of sunshine.

Suddenly the ship started rocking she knew the storm had already started, she could hear voices from the deck. She wanted go out and help them but baekhyun had strictly ordered her to stay in her cabin at any cost.

When the storm became more violent the rocking of the ship became unbearable. God she knew she was going to be sick. She heard the screams from outside and finally decided to see what was happening. She headed outside and saw that the sail on the foremast had almost torn from the middle and the rain was very heavy the rail near the helm had been broken  baekhyun stood near the wheel trying his best to control it.

Due to the rocking of the ship he was loosing his balance at anytime he could fall into the sea the thought of it sacred alayah, with next roar that happened which she feared. With one strong wave the ship almost turned upside down and baekhyun lost his balance and fell into the water.

Everyone started screaming going towards baekhyun to save him but it was too late they could see absolutely nothing even the lanterns were out. They had to save baekhyun. 

That's when it came to her mind that baekhyun always wears a necklace with a red beryl stone, if she could track the stone she could track him without weighing the odds alayah just jumped into the water. Kyungsoo ran to catch her but it was too late.

The cold water cut deep into her skin, her senses became numb she couldn't breath she moved to the surface and took a deep breath and went back inside she tried to calm her mind and focus only on the feel of the red beryl, she could feel the tingles of vibration in her skin the gem called to her she swam towards it in the dark just depending on her intuition.

In hastiness she hit her hand on a large rock causing blood to ooze out she tried to ignore the pain and kept swimming until she saw the faint red light emitting from the stone. She had found him, she hurriedly swam towards him.

She caught hold of his waist and pulled him up, he was unconscious, she really had to hurry.The water in her lungs burned she splashed her legs as hard as she could and finally made it to the surface. She took a huge gasp of air, the rain was still harsh. She spotted lay and junmyeon in a boat searching for them she yelled as loud as she could and thank god they heard her.

They hurried towards them first taking baekhyun in the boat and next alayah as soon as her feet touched the ship she collapsed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes adjusting to the dimly lit room. He groaned as all the pain in his body hit him at lightning speed. Listening to his voice junmyeon turned towards him.

"Baekhyun you are awake finally! How are you feeling? Should I call lay? Do you want something?" Junmyeon asked in a concerned manner.

"Woah! Hold on I'm fine just get me some water." He said in a hoarse voice.

"By the way what happened?" Baekhyun asked.

"Oh after you fell the girl jumped after you I have no idea how she found you but she did. She saved your life baekhyun, you really owe her alot." Junmyeon answered.

From that day onwards things changed for baekhyun, he had never really expressed gratitude to anyone so he couldn't thank her no matter how much he tried so he did the thing he was best at, he ignored. He ignored her as much as he could but when they had food in the main hall he sneaked glances at her. Lately he's been thinking about her alot, about how she has the most beautiful almond shaped eyes with thick and long lashes, her jet balck wavy hair and her beautiful honey coloured skin, she does have pimples and spots here and there but that's what makes her look more beautiful. Gosh he clearly is infatuated towards her.

Baekhyun was going through one such moment currently when they were all in his cabin discussing about the delay which was caused and now finally after 13 days  there was only one day left till they reached the heart of the beryl sea and here he was taking glances towards her, god she simply looked beautiful in her loose balck trousers paired with a thick black sweater and a long balck coat, her hair perfectly fell over her shoulders, he couldn't stop staring at how her fingers brushed throug

Please log in to read the full chapter