Intention

One Wish Before Die
Please log in to read the full chapter

13 years after her father's death, Soojung tried to live her life as usual.

The morning that started with her father making a sunny-side-up accompanied by toast and milk, and the night that closed with her father's good night wish, it had been 13 years since she had experienced that.

Soojung at that time was still underage, she was forced to mature by circumstances. Her mother died when she was 3 years old, so did her father when she was in high school. Her parents were an only child, so there was no other family she could live with.

17-year-old Soojung was forced to go to an orphanage at that time. Began to adapt to a new environment, a new atmosphere, and also other orphanage children. Most children in her age in the orphanage have been in this place since they were toddlers or elementary school students. She just felt strange and rejected the reality she had to face. She sat on the swing in front of the orphanage church, watching the cars passing by on the street. She wore a knee-length white dress that her father bought for her when she was 16 years old.

"Here is banana milk that I kept because I helped the Head of the Orphanage tidy up the books in the study room."

Soojung looked towards the voice. She saw a man who was the same age as her and he seemed to give her a yellow box of banana-flavored milk. Because she didn't reach for the box immediately, the boy placed the milk on Soojung's palm.

Soojung's eyes were unfocused so she didn't notice a sedan driving into the orphanage's yard. Two middle-aged people got out of the car. It seemed that they are a couple. The two people were greeted by the Head of the Orphanage with a smile. Then Head of the Orphanage's eyes drifted to find someone.

"Kim Jongin, your parents are here!" She shouted.

Jongin, the man who gave Soojung his milk, looked at the source of the sound. He then lowered his head indicating he would immediately go there.

"It hasn't been a week here, I'm already out. Maybe it's because you just came, so I haven't met you yet. Hopefully, we can meet later."

Without waiting for Soojung's answer, Jongin ran toward his new parents. He smiled happily, hoping for a better life.

Jung Soojung recalled the 13-years ago moment while looking at the banana-flavored boxed yellow milk in the refrigerator window of the convenience store. She wanted to buy a soda, but the yellow box averted his eyes.

By the way, what's that guy's name?

Oh yeah, she hadn't gotten to know each other yet, she didn't even realize that the Head of the Orphanage was in the orphanage yard at that time.

Then she walked to the cashier to pay for the soda. Upon arriving at the cashier zone, she took out her wallet intending to take out her card. That woman gave her card and the convenience store cashier took it. The convenience store clerk punched in the numbers and orders on the card machine. While waiting, she looked paper on the wall next to the cigarette rack.

Please log in to read the full chapter