Birthday

Maybe This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

Why I'm still standing like an idiot here? I clenched my fist in frustration. I was about to knock but my chest pound hard as the door suddenly opens. As our eyes meet, I realized that my feelings for her grew more during those times that I did not see her. I tried hard to forget about her but after seeing her again, I knew I'm just fooling myself. I lifted my hand then cupped her face. "Dara..." I inhale deeply, trying to clear my head. "I missed you."

 

She bites her lower lip then blink her eyes many times. Judging her reaction, I could safely say that she missed me too. "Get inside first." The room is quite big. It's like a penthouse type. "Give me a moment first." She entered the bedroom and after a while, she came out then sat down. I sit beside her, but not too close then awkward silence filled between us. "Jiyong..." When I looked at her, she's staring at the floor. "I already planned out how I will live my life until I die and being in a romantic relationship is not a familiar territory to me. The last thing I wanted to happen is to be vulnerable and dependent to someone. With the life I have right now, having someone else is not a good idea. It will open many unknown fears and risks." As she lifted her head, her eyes are in the verge of crying. "I cannot risk you getting hurt because of me." I found myself getting closer to her then hugged her. It seems like there is deeper reason why she's acting like this, but I won't pressure her. Once she trusts me enough, I knew she would eventually tell me everything. "I told you to stop whatever you're feeling towards me, why you are being like this?"

 

"Because I wanted to be with you." Then I cupped her face. "You set the rules, that's fine with me." She sniffed. "Just let me be with you."

 

She starts punching my chest lightly as she burst out crying. "You idiot, why it has to be me. Why you're making your life complicated. You are already doing well on your own."

 

I chuckled then grasped her hands. "Reject me again now if you really don't want me to pursue you." I nervously waited for her answer. If she rejects me again, I know that the universe is going to connect us again. Good thing, she just stared at me then I wipe her tears. "Dara, I wanted to know more about you. I wanted to spend time with you." I kissed her forehead then I smiled at her. "I'm simply at your mercy."

 

She stared at me for a moment. "You are crazy."

 

I laugh then I cupped her face. "Yeah, crazy about you." Then I pressed my lips over hers. When slightly parted, I deepened the kiss. is warm and soft. Kissing her for the first time is much better than what I imagine. As our kiss slowly breaks, her face is bright red, and she shyly buried her face on my neck. "Can I stay here with you tonight?"

 

She lifted her head. "I supposed to go home tomorrow but I can go home this weekend."

 

My chest pound hard. "I'll drop you off."

 

"The neighbours are going to be surprised including your Aunty Hyeyoung."

 

I chuckled. "That would be fun then." I cupped her face again and stared at her delectable mouth before I kissed her again. Damn. I could kiss her forever.

 

As the morning comes, Dara still sleeping when I left. I quickly went home and pack some clothes. Then I went to my parent's restaurant. "Dear, we just heard this morning about what happened last night at Dr Cho's event. We are glad you are okay."

 

I smiled at Mom. "I am glad too. By the way, I won't be home until this weekend." Before she even asks me further, I already said bye to her and Dad. When I reached the clinic, I sent Dara a message to her new number, and it made me smile to see her immediate reply.

 

"Jiyong ---" Youngbae entered my room then stopped midway. "My friend, why are you having this big smile? I am expecting that I'm going to comfort you because of what happened last night."

 

I chuckled. "I'm perfectly fine, leave now."

 

He frowned. "You looked so gloomy in the past two months until yesterday but why you looked so bright now?" He pulled a chair and brought himself closer to me. "Did you accidentally meet Sandara at the event last night?" When I nodded, his face shows surprise. "Daebak! The universe finally made a move because it had enough of your stupidity."

 

I snorted. "Just go now."

 

He grinned. "So, did she already give you a chance?" His face brightens when I nodded. "That's good news! You should introduce us to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter