Meet Again

Maybe This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dara's POV

 

 

What am I even doing here? I asked myself as we reached the venue for our high school reunion. I looked at Wooyoung then glared at him. This guy tricked me into coming here and I could still not believe that I fell for it. He sensed my glare, so he looked at me then grinned. "Come on, you need to act like a normal human being."

 

"You already know my reason."

 

"Yes, and as I've told you over and over again, our dear neighbours need to see you go out from time to time to avoid suspicion."

 

"We necessarily don't need to come here."

 

"It is necessary, trust me."

 

I inhale deeply. "Whatever."

 

He just chuckled. When we entered the private room where our classmates rented, all eyes are on us and questions were thrown everywhere. I had no interaction with them personally during high school but I know everyone and what they are currently doing, all the things they did in the past, I'm aware of it. Our agency stores all personal information, and our database is pretty impressive, all people in this world is in our system. In our job, this is the basic we need to be aware of. These high school classmates have their own story of struggles, failures and success. Thankfully, they are living decently because the last thing I wanted to do is to work on a mission that they are involved. So, I know that Jiyong Kwon saw me two months ago and I prepared myself if in case he's going to ask me about it but hopefully he did not recognize me. Why would he, right? I intentionally distanced myself from everyone as getting involved personally is quite risky. The lesser that people knew me, the better.

 

When I excused myself to pee, I saw Jiyong Kwon came out from the bathroom. As I approached him, I just smiled a bit to him then casually walk towards the ladies' bathroom but when he called my name, I groan mentally. Time to act. As I turned around, I looked at him curiously. "By any chance, did you go to Thailand last month?" Damn. Are all doctors have this sharp memory?

 

I frowned as I shake my head. "I don't go out that much. This is the farthest place I ever been since graduation. Why?"

 

He looked like that he can't believe that it was not me. "I was in Thailand last month and I thought I saw you there."

 

"I don't even have a passport yet."

 

He got surprised. Well, yeah. This is the lousy reason that I can only think as an excuse. "Seriously?"

 

I nodded then smiled awkwardly. "I need to pee now." Need to get away from him as soon as possible.

 

He laughs in embarrassment as he scratched my head. "Sorry, go ahead. I'll see you inside then."

 

I just smiled timidly. When I entered a cubicle, I inhale deeply. Trying to calm myself as I could feel my heart beating. I need to get away from this guy. However, when Wooyoung and I on our way out, this guy offered to drop us off. It would be weird that I'll say no so I just looked at Wooyoung then let him decide. When we are inside his car, both of them are talking to each other and I did not involve myself in their conversation, but I could feel his glances towards me. Damn this guy. What's wrong with him.

 

"It seems Jiyong Kwon got smitten by you." Wooyoung said as we are walking towards our hotel rooms. I did not get surprised to hear this from him as he is a police officer after all, he has strong sense like me.

 

I snorted. "He just can't believe that I am not the one he saw that day."

 

He whistles. "Wanna bet?"

 

"I was wrong that I let myself dragged by you in this reunion."

 

"You are going to thank me one day, mark my word."

 

"Stop watching too many dramas." He laughs as I entered my room. Good thing, we are going home tomorrow and most likely, I won't see that guy again. His life is in the city anyway.

 

Two months after.

 

I check myself in the mirror and when I feel satisfied with my disguise, I stepped out from the car then walk towards a night bar. This is owned by Seunghwan Noh who is one of the wealthiest businessmen in the country, he asked for help as he is suspecting that some of his board members are doing conspiracy against him but he wants to do this investigation as discreetly as possible so he contacted our organization instead. His late father used to be our client and his father told him before that he contacts our organization if he felt like something is wrong. As I entered the bar, I mentally groan. It is very noisy, and I can't stand any noise like this so I could already imagine my migraine after this mission. I casually walk towards the bar counter, and I wanted to punch all these creepy s that I see as I walk. When I finally sat down, I ordered long island iced tea. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter