Rejection

Maybe This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

Dara was obviously feeling awkward towards me last night and I could not blame her. I am acting like we knew each other that well. After all, we are not even in speaking terms before reunion. Then I found myself smiling as I remembered the gifts she gave me. The gesture is quite heart-warming because it was unexpected, so the feeling it gave me is quite really good.

 

After serving fourth patient, the reception told me that Minah Lee wanted to see me. I wonder why.

 

"Dr Kwon, sorry for coming unannounced."

 

I smiled at her. "Not a problem at all, anything I can help you with?"

 

She gets something from her bag and give it to me. "It seems the pretty lady with you last night forgot this. I found it on the table."

 

"Oh, okay. I'll ask her first as she's in a seminar." She just nodded. Then I sent Dara a message. Is it okay to call? You might be in the middle of your seminar.

 

Surprisingly, she's fast this time to reply. Wait a sec. After a minute, my phone rings. "What's up?"

 

I mentally groan as I feel excited to hear her voice. "Sorry to disturb."

 

"It's fine. I excused myself to the bathroom."

 

"Do you remember the young lady we met at Cafe University last night?"

 

"Yeah, what about her?"

 

"She's in the clinic now, because she found a necklace when she cleaned up the table you were in. By any chance, do you own this necklace?"

 

A few seconds of silence. She probably trying to remember if she really forgot her necklace. "Oh, is it a necklace with a round gold disc?"

 

"Yes, that's correct. So, this is yours?"

 

"Yes."

 

"What time is your seminar finishing, I can bring this to you."

 

"It's fine. She can keep it."

 

That surprised me big time. "What? Why?"

 

"I think she's a working student. I used that one when I was in college, I also worked part-time during those years. It is somehow my lucky charm, I believed it protected me from bad people. If she would not mind it, she can keep it but if it makes her uncomfortable, she can return it to you then I'll just get it from you." After hearing her talked that long, I wished that I could see her face. I wanted to see her facial expression.

 

Then I looked at Minah and relayed Dara's message. She is silent for a while, probably contemplating what to answer until she nodded. She is also having this weird expression that I can't explain. "She will keep it."

 

"Please say thank you and I will treat her at Cafe University the next time she comes."

 

I smiled at her then focus back my attention to my phone. "She also said thank you. She will treat you at the Cafe University once you are free."

 

"That sounds nice." I heard her clear ."Sorry, need to go back now."

 

"Sure, see you later then." Then I mentally chuckled as she just hangs up. She probably doesn't know how to answer that. Cute. When I looked back at Minah, she is having this odd expression again that I can't tell exactly what it is. "Is everything okay with you?" She stopped for a moment then nodded. "Your grandma did not return after her last check-up. Hope she's doing well."

 

"She moved to Busan about two months ago, to my uncle’s house and she is doing well."

 

"That's great to hear. How about you? Are you living by yourself here?"

 

She nodded. "I'm currently staying in a dormitory. I'm graduating next year."

 

"Congratulations. If you need any help, don't hesitate to contact me. You still have my number, right?"

 

She nodded. "Thank you, Dr Kwon."

 

When the office hours ended, Youngbae stopped by to my office. "Your birthday is coming up, any plans?"

 

I shake my head. "Not sure yet."

 

"How about at Sean Hyung's bar?"

 

"I always celebrate my birthday there." I'm planning to invite Dara and it will be too noisy at the bar.

 

He eyed me suspiciously. "Are you planning to celebrate your birthday with your mystery woman?"

 

I chuckled. "You know her."

 

He got surprised. "Seriously? Who is it?"

 

I inhale deeply. "Sandara Park."

 

He frowned for a moment then his face turns to comical, like I said the most impossible thing. "That nerdy girl from our high school?" I just nodded. "Just a sec." He checked something his phone. "She still looks the same." He showed me the group photo we had in the reunion. "How did you end up liking her? You only saw her again at the reunion."

 

"I just became too curious with her during our reunion. I was really thinking about her after that then I saw her again when we visited Aunt Hyeyoung. Then I saw met her last night because she has seminar here in the city for two weeks. That's why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter