I'd rather walk

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Seori?" I hear Heeseung call out after a while of silence.

I ignore him and act like I was asleep, not wanting to be bothered by more people trying to plead their case. They were men, men never wanted to help anyone but themselves. I had seen it growing up all to well.

"I know you're awake." Heeseung said.

"So what if I am?" I decide to turn and face him. "I don't want to hear about how you want to save people, I don't believe a word of it."

He sat there a moment not saying anything as he just looked over my face. "I can't go into detail about what's going on.. The king himself will have to tell you, we're not to speak of it to anyone outside of the royal guard."

"Of course not. I think it's just your way of making sure I come to the castle with you. Im not going." I say simply as I lay back down on my back. I squeeze my eyes shut when my stomach growlers loudly, easily heard by Heeseung.

"Have you not eaten?"

"Ha, Jay wouldn't let me until he knew that I didn't harm you." I sit back up and turn to face the guard. "You know what, your friend is kind of a prick. He needs to learn some people manners." If men could do that. Went left unsaid.

Heeseung cracked a small smile as he shook his head. "I know. Jay has never been the best with new people and he is very protective of his friends. I apologize for the way he acted and the way I acted before, it was uncalled for."

"Damn right it was uncalled for. If I'm being honest, you guys have shown me not to help anyone in need anymore. I was stupid when I let myself think I needed to help you, now I'm being taken away from my home and forced to help you with some big plan to save people." I roll my eyes once more before I lean back on the small head board. I cross my arms as I stare at the opposite wall.

"Guard!" I jump in surprise once more when Heeseung yells out of nowhere.

A guard comes rushing in the door with his sword drawn, a look of confusion washes over his face when he sees we're both still in our beds and there was no immediate danger insight.

"Go fetch us some food and water, please." The guard nods his head slowly before backing out of the door, still confused.

"I won't be eating!" I call out not wanting to show them I was accepting anything from them.

"Why not?" Heeseung questions as he adjust his sitting position to be more comfortable.

"Not hungry." I lie through my teeth, knowing all to well he had heard my stomach moments ago.

"Sure." He said with a chuckle.

"Heeseung?" Sunoo comes rushing in the door looking exhausted from the day and evening events. I felt a little bad when I say his soft features puffy with sleep deprivation, but I pushed that bit of guilt down. Now was not a time to feel bad, they had kept me uncomfortable all day, I was not going to feel bad for making them lose sleep.

"How are you feeling?" Sunoo asked as he made his way over to his friends bed. I zone out as Jay walks in and joins their conversation, I couldn't be bothered with whatever nonsense they were speaking about.

I only came back to reality when the guard came back with two plates and glasses. He set one set on the table next to my bed before he set the next to Heeseung, who instantly grabbed it up and started eating. Once the guard was gone I side glance at the food and feel my mouth water, it looked great.

I sigh with defeat as I grab the plate up, forget not showing them I was accepting something they offered, I was starving. Food was good no matter whom it came from.

"You two should go get some rest before our journey tomorrow." I heard Heeseung say to his fellow guards men. Sunoo replied with a yawn and bid him a good night before turning and heading towards the door. He stopped for a second to throw me a small smile over his shoulder before opening the door and leaving. How can someone so sweet looking be friends with an like Jay?

Jay bid Heeseung a good night as well before leaving, not even sparing me a glance. Now that the room was empty once more, I finish my water before I lay down and snuggle under the blankets. Thoughts on how I was going to get out of this mess running through my head until sleep finally pulled me under.

~~

The next morning I was woke by someone gently shaking my shoulder.

"Seori, time to wake up." I open my eyes to meet the soft hazel-brown ones of Sunoo, his face lighting up a bit when he sees I was awake. I had to admit a

Please log in to read the full chapter