Daisy

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

I sigh as I sink into the hot bath the maid had just made for me, the tension from the trip easing away like the small wisp that were rising from the hot water, slowly disappearing in the air.

We had arrived at the castle earlier that day, I had taken my time to bath and groom Max before I came into the room that was appointed to me when I had first came here, I cleaned up and then joined the others for a nice hot dinner. I could tell that everyone was relieved to be back at the castle and not out by a fire cooking food that would taste like smoke and drinking water that was usually to warm or also tasted of smoke from being boiled.

I wasn't used to the luxuries of the castle life, but I did appreciate being somewhere I kind of knew and being able to relax without worrying about someone trying to attack us. I also knew Max was happy to roam free in the pasture by the stables, probably feeling relieved to have the saddle off of him for longer then a few hours.

After my bath I slip on one of the dresses the maids had left for me, my other clothes needing to be washed. I walk over to my bed and grab up the bag that held the dragon stones, placing them under the mattress as I usually do before going to sleep.

Once I laid down I couldn’t seem to fall asleep, thoughts of the dragon we had met running through my mind, as well as the talk with Sunoo. It was nice to know that at least one of them didn’t judge me before getting the truth.

The dragon that was protecting the earth stone was friendly, making me wonder again why anyone would harm them in the first place. But, then again it was to gain power, humans were a selfish breed.

~

The next day I decide to visit the tree the king had shown me when I had first arrived here.

I walk around the base of it, looking over the blanking roots, a sense of dread washing over me as I remember what I had been shown, the flash’s of people dying had pushed me to decide to work along side the arrogant acting king and his men.

We only had two stones, we were closer, but still far away, we still had to three more before we could reverse the curse. That led to another thought to nag my mind, the healing stone had still not shown up on the map, me and Ni-ki had looked it over many times and still have not found it’s location. If we could not get all of the stones we could not help the kingdom.

“What are you doing out here alone?”

I turn to face the king, feeling slightly startled by how I had not heard him approaching.

“Thinking.” I reply simple as I turn back to the tree, still feeling a little sour towards the king.

I cut a look from the corner of my eye as the king stepped beside me, his eyes locked on the black parts of the tree.

“Let me show you where I like to think, this place is a little gloomy.” He said turning to face me.

I turn and raise my brow to him wondering why he wanted to show me another place around his castle.

He lets out a chuckle as he sees my reaction to his offer. “It’s just, your thoughts could be block

Please log in to read the full chapter