Not happening, sir

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

"An apple is fine." I grab one and set it down on the same table as I had done the glass. "So how did I get here?"

"I brought you here." I say simply.

"How?" I roll my eyes as he's questions were starting to get on my nerves a bit.

"With my horses help." I sit back on my stool and glance down at my sword that still rested at his side.

He nodded is head as he took a bite of the apple. "Why?"

I snap my eyes to his and raise a brow. "Why, what?"

"Why help me?"

"Why not?" I pick at my nails not looking at him as I think over why I really helped him. "I couldn't just leave you to die. I thought about it, don't get me wrong. In the end I couldn't though." I really didn't have an answer as to why I helped him, besides being a decent human.

He doesn't say anything as he finished his apple and set the core down next to the empty glass. He then just sat there and watched me as I picked away at my nails.

"Can I help you...?" I raised a brow as I felt his eyes on me for far to long.

"Yes, I will be taking your horse. I will also need you to pack me some food and water as well." He stood to his feet with a groan.

"Not happening, sir." I stand as well and step closer to him. "You will not take my horse!" No way in hell was I letting anyone take my horse, my only companion that was helped me through everything.

"I will. I am part of the royal guard, I will take him under rule of the king."

"Ha. No. We're a two day ride from the castle, you will not take my horse. I can take you into the village but that is as far as I will go." I state as I cross my arms again. I didn't care if he was from the royal guard or not. No man was telling me what to do.

"If you don't lend me your horse then I will arrest you." He tilted his chin back as if he was trying to scare me.

"Under what charges?" As far as I knew there was nothing he could really do.

"Disobeying a royal guards order."

"That's a law?" I questioned not fazed by the threat. We were in the middle of no where. I could kill him if I wanted to and no one would know.

"It is." He nodded his head.

"Sounds like a load of crock to me. Like I said, the village is as far as I will take your royal ." I walk over to my food cabinet once more and pull out a extra burlap sack and throw some food in there before grabbing a water canteen. Once that was filled I tossed it in the bag as well. "Now, if you would so kind and return my sword, we can get going."

"I did not agree to this." The man huffed as if he had a choice in the matter.

"Either we do my plan or I hop on my horse and leave for a few days. You'll try and make your way to town or die of infection." I shrug as I grab my own bag. "Either way, I'll be rid of you." I send him a sweet smile.

"You're a-"

"Finish that sentence, I dare you." I pull my knife out and point it at him. I was not about to be insulted in my own house after saving his ungrateful . "Let's go." I snap as I turn and head for the door.

~~

His royal pain in my sat behind me on Max as we made our way back to the village I had visited a few days ago. I planned to stop outside of town and drop him off. I did not need the towns guards to see me.

The royal guard would let out a grunt of pain every once in a while as he fought to keep himself up right. I was surprised he was even still conscious. His wound was no joke.

"You doing alright back there?" I ask as we reach the half way point to the village.

"How much longer?"

"About another hour." I say not bothered by him ignoring my question. I just needed him to stay awake long enough for me to get him close to the village, someone would stumble across him if he fainted before he made it into town.

"Why do you live so

Please log in to read the full chapter