Oh what fun

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

I crept over the person that lay face down on the ground, their arms tightly wound around their torso. I had no idea why they were here or why they were face down in the dirt. I scrunch my nose a bit as I think of the person possibly being drunk. It would make sense as to how they ended up how they are. 

"Hey, person! Wake up!" I called out a few feet away from them. I didn't want to get within a sword's reach of them until I knew they were out cold. When I got no response I grabbed a rock and threw it at their shoulder. "Nothing." The person didn't even budge. Next I grab a long stick and poke at their side before moving onto the side of their head. I sat there and poked their head a few times with the stick before they let out a groan making me jerk back a little. I was a little surprised when their head lulled to the side showing that their eyes were shut and their mouth was slack. So they were definitely unconscious. 

I drop the stick after the person didn’t so much as twitch to make sure I was right about them being unconscious, no way someone could stay still for that long and be awake. I walk over to the boys body and circle him a few times before I crouch behind his back. I reach a hand over and roll him onto his back.

”Well, that looks like it may hurt a little.” Now I knew why they were face first in the dirt. Their white shirt was covered in blood. Their hands had gone limps as I rolled him over showing his reason for passing out. “But why are you out here…?” I look the boy up and down once more spotting the badge that was stitched into his jacket sleeve. 

“Royal guard, huh?” I stare at the man’s wound as I decide on what to do. Leave him here to die? Or take him back to my house and treat him… I wasn’t sure if I had any trouble from the royals around here. But, I do steal from one of the villages in their kingdom… Yet, they didn’t see it as much of a problem if they didn’t send better guards to keep me away. 

“Oh what fun.” I sigh as I stand and make my way back to my house, picking the bucket of water up as I went.

~~~

“You’re getting blood all over my sheets!” I complain to the unconscious man that now lay on my bed. I had decided to fetch Max to help bring the man to my house knowing full well there was no way in hell I could lug the person alone.

It took many rags and a few more trips to the creek before I had the man’s wound clean. Now all that was left was to sew him up. I could easily tell the wound was from a sword. I had a few in my time on the run, nothing this bad though. I wondered why the world a royal guard was out in the forest alone and how he had ended in the state. No one in their right mind would dare attack a royal guardsmen. That was a sure fire way to get one’s self hung with no trail.

After he was all bandaged up I gathered the dirty rags and threw them out back in a tub filled with water to soak. I was not looking forward to cleaning those later.

I let a hu

Please log in to read the full chapter